PDA

View Full Version : bottoming out on driveway?

avow
03-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I am running into some problems with my mr2. It is not going to clear the curb when I go to park it in the drive way. Any idea where I can get those rubber things that fill the curb? or where I can get the curb modified (or is that government property?). I dont know if those curb fillers will work so well either seeing how my sidewalk curves outward (sort of on a cul-da-sac). Any ideas guys? thanks a ton.

toomuchb00st
03-14-2007, 10:13 PM
use a sheet a metal or a piece of wood or several pieces and make like a mini type incline that is not as steep as a drop as the curb would be by it self.

avow
03-14-2007, 10:37 PM
hmm the homeowner probably wont go for it, its got to look pretty professional. but good advice never the less :thumbsup:

rc2002
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
If you approach it at an angle (or even with your car parallel to the sidewalk) you should have no problems with bottoming out.

Gspotracer
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
If you call the city they will come give you a quote to remove the curb and change it to a ramp for you, then you have the option of paying it up front or having it added onto your taxes for a couple years, my parents had it done a couple years ago I think it cost about $2500, but Its worth it if you plan on living there a while:thumbsup:

avow
03-14-2007, 11:27 PM
wow, thats a bit more then i thought it would be :S. and i plan to get out of here in the next 4-5 years. good idea though. what about those rubber ones i see from time to time, where would i find those?

shaggin
03-14-2007, 11:55 PM
I agree, I used to have the same problem with my s2000 so I layed a 2x4 across the pavement(gutter) and now no more problems

schurchill39
03-15-2007, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by avow
wow, thats a bit more then i thought it would be :S. and i plan to get out of here in the next 4-5 years. good idea though. what about those rubber ones i see from time to time, where would i find those?

I would think if you went into a canadian tire and asked them they could find you some. If not then home depot should. If I were you, I would just hit up a construction site and grab a couple of 2x6 chunks, they would work the same.

legendboy
03-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I can make you a small curb ramp out of angle iron and expanded metal screen. Be warned tho, it is against the law to use anything like that on city streets.