PDA

View Full Version : Paypal help

adidas
03-15-2007, 10:12 AM
I ordered a pair of headlights off the net that were a private sale, well they came last night and were nothin as the guy had described. They were scratched, pieces were broken and overall in the worst condition imaginable. I paid through paypal(credit card) and i filed a dispute, will paypal do anything to get my money back? and/or could i call up my cc company and explain to them what all happened so that i get a charge back?

Thanks.

BigMass
03-15-2007, 10:16 AM
did you talk to the guy first and ask for your money back?

adidas
03-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I tried doing so and hes hardly ever online on the site that its really hard to get in contact with him.

R!zz0
03-15-2007, 11:53 AM
Who did he get it shipped out with? Probably the shipping company did it.
Did you have insurance with your purschase?

adidas
03-15-2007, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0
Who did he get it shipped out with? Probably the shipping company did it.
Did you have insurance with your purschase?

It was shipped via USPS.

I really doubt that the shipping company damaged the lights as it was wrapped in those bubbles(not sure of the exact name) and im sure it was caused to wear and tear of the lights. But none of this was stated when i was talking to him, he said the lights were in great shape.

boostinside
03-15-2007, 12:55 PM
Had a similar situation with an oil pan....it showed up dented and with a hole in it that wasn't from shipping damage. Seller had a picture of the oil pan from the non damaged side and described it as very good condition. Paypal ruled in his favor. So I wouldn't hold your breath about paypal giving you a refund.

drew_goring
03-15-2007, 02:07 PM
Paypal won't give a refund for "not as described" items. If it was shipped USPS then there is a good chance he never got a tracking number. File as item not received and if he can't provide a tracking number, you get your cash back.

adidas
03-15-2007, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by drew_goring
Paypal won't give a refund for "not as described" items. If it was shipped USPS then there is a good chance he never got a tracking number. File as item not received and if he can't provide a tracking number, you get your cash back.

Damn i already filed a dispute and said it was "not as described" should i go change it right now or what? Paypal will probably notice that i closed the dispute to open another one for "never recieved".

What if i have convo of him saying that the lights were in great condition and there was nothing damaged or broken?

Kobe
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by adidas

Damn i already filed a dispute and said it was "not as described" should i go change it right now or what? Paypal will probably notice that i closed the dispute to open another one for "never recieved".

What if i have convo of him saying that the lights were in great condition and there was nothing damaged or broken?

Was it a convo or in the ebay auction?
Best thing to do, if it was in the ebay auction..
Take pictures of the item, and put them into the paypal dispute.. ASAP!

drew_goring
03-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by Kobe

Was it a convo or in the ebay auction?
Best thing to do, if it was in the ebay auction..
Take pictures of the item, and put them into the paypal dispute.. ASAP!

When I had that claim against me a couple years back, Paypal's policy was that "not as described" items were not refunded. Meaning as long as I had a tracking number, I could ship somebody a brick instead of a computer, and Paypal couldn't do a thing. Although is a case like that you could have the cops involved.

shaggin
03-16-2007, 03:47 AM
Just dispute with your credit card company who will pressure paypal into getting you your money back./.... Thats what I did when I had a similar situation.