PDA

View Full Version : rona halogen light problem

Kritafo
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
So folks,

I was standing in my kitchen the other night when I hear what sounds like glass hit the floor, since I have kids I bent over to immediately pick it up. Not realizing it was the a halogen lightbulb cover from our track lighting. I burnt 3 fingerd and it melted into my lino.

I have been dealing with Rona and their supplier for 2 days now. They obviously want the light bulb in question. Company says they have 2 seperate suppliers. They need to know where to lay the blame and who is responsible.

Should I send the light bulb. It is my proof of what happened after all. Or do I just send it?

Thanks

codetrap
03-15-2007, 10:46 AM

78si
03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
The light guy at rona (crowfoot) told me that happens all the time. He pointed to an exploded bulb on the display. :nut:

Kritafo
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
So they routinely explode? Cause when I was just speaking with the supplier they are taking it very seriously. We have not once in the past dozen years had one single problem with our lights.

I am not going to a lawyer, in Canada it's simply not worth the upfront money. I just want them to realize that it could have been my children, if it had landed like 1 inch away it would have been in my paper recycling. If we weren't home..it could have been a fire. They are the lights that we always, leave on.

frozenrice
03-16-2007, 03:09 PM
What kind of bulb was it?

redline
03-16-2007, 03:34 PM
It can happen if you touch the glass during install. the oil from your fingers can create hot spots and the bulbs will blow.

it is not rona's fault cause of an install error...

GTS Jeff
03-16-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by redline
It can happen if you touch the glass during install. the oil from your fingers can create hot spots and the bulbs will blow.

it is not rona's fault cause of an install error... :werd: Halogen bulbs have to be handled/installed carefully. If you get ANY oil/dirt/grease on them, you have to clean them off with denatured alcohol. I install my home and car bulbs with nitrile gloves on.

Sorry.