PDA

View Full Version : Another Ebay Deal Gone Wrong

fiveabi
03-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Hello,

So I ordered Sex and The City complete series from ebay...(not 4 me) the description said, english, and region 1.

I get my copy, and its main language is Hindi, and its PAL. Also the box has chinese writing on it, and it looks FAKE to the max. like a illegitimate copy.

I contacted the seller, and she said her account was high jacked.

What could i do, or am i SOL?

RickDaTuner
03-16-2007, 12:47 AM
negative feed back and get in touch with paypal, vide pirating for profit is stupidly illegal

asuth077
03-16-2007, 12:47 AM
SOL.

If you paid with PayPal you might have some chance, file a claim with them right away.

DC2
03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
file a claim,

I did that and 2 weeks later, I got my money back. Hassle free, I just had to pay shipping back to NY.

R!zz0
03-16-2007, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by fiveabi
I get my copy, and its main language is Hindi, and its PAL

Sell it on ebay India and make few rupees. Where was the item located?

shaggin
03-16-2007, 03:44 AM
Yeah man file a paypal compalint and they will return your money as long as the other person has not cleared out his account

fiveabi
03-16-2007, 08:16 AM
it was advertised as from USA and 1-2day express shipping came 7days later from SHanghai...

88CRX
03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
it was advertised as from USA and 1-2day express shipping came 7days later from SHanghai...

So did you pay the seller through ebay's paypal check out or through a separte email from some random person claiming to be the seller?

88CRX
03-16-2007, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by shaggin
Yeah man file a paypal compalint and they will return your money as long as the other person has not cleared out his account

You'll still get it back.

lakay
03-16-2007, 08:44 AM
file dispute in paypal and claim ur money back

rc2002
03-16-2007, 10:58 AM
You don't get all your money back. If I remember correctly, you only get a certain percentage plus you don't get any fees or shipping.

All these damn scammers in Asia. I got taken for a few hundred dollars last time.

SiR_lyfe
03-16-2007, 10:59 AM
shit man that sucks, how much was it?

fiveabi
03-17-2007, 11:11 PM
the bill came to about 100 bux...man this is COCK!!

It was a different email adress on paypal, i paused when i ordered, and thought meh what the hell...

maybe paypal can hook some up that would be sveeet

Isaiah
03-17-2007, 11:54 PM
I got taken on an ebay deal a while back. It happens once in a while but not much you can do. As everyone has advised, claim through Paypal and also file a complaint with Ebay.

88CRX
03-18-2007, 12:36 AM
It was a different email adress on paypal,

Common sence man..... that should have tipped you right there.

Paypal probably wont give you shit back since you never really bought an ebay item from the person you sent money to.

Mazstyle
03-18-2007, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by 88CRX

Common sence man..... that should have tipped you right there.

Paypal probably wont give you shit back since you never really bought an ebay item from the person you sent money to.

This sounds like a load of shit, firstly if I was gonna hijack an account I wouldn't send the person the item they ordered I would just change the paypal address and sell a bunch of big dollar items and walk away laughing.

clearly this person is a scammer, and is trying to use that as an excuse for sending you the wrong DVD's. I've bought dvd's from china and yes they were all copies, at least they were NTSC and in english...

fiveabi
03-18-2007, 02:50 PM
haha this sucks. What ever i've email both ebay and pay-pal waiting on a response. Its a horrible fake , i went to HMV and saw the real thing..hollly shit is this bad.

Do you think i have a chance of seeing my money?

drew_goring
03-18-2007, 05:50 PM
haha this sucks. What ever i've email both ebay and pay-pal waiting on a response. Its a horrible fake , i went to HMV and saw the real thing..hollly shit is this bad.

Do you think i have a chance of seeing my money?

File as item not received. That is the only way you will get cash back from paypal.