PDA

View Full Version : WheelsWest.ca Are they legit????

BMDUBS
03-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Just about to do a deal with these guys (Wheels west out of Vancouver) on a set of tires and the price is almost too good to be true... I received their paypal invoice and they created their account on March 14th... This is ringing bells and red flags to me. Anyone done business with these guys? They seem legit based on their personnel,website and 1-877 number but I am weary... Is there anything I can do to protect myself and or get any buyers recourse? is there any way to authenticate this business before I make a payment to them? Would calling in a credit card number be better than using paypal here?

A790
03-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by BMDUBS
Just about to do a deal with these guys (Wheels west out of Vancouver) on a set of tires and the price is almost too good to be true... I received their paypal invoice and they created their account on March 14th... This is ringing bells and red flags to me. Anyone done business with these guys? They seem legit based on their personnel,website and 1-877 number but I am weary... Is there anything I can do to protect myself and or get any buyers recourse? is there any way to authenticate this business before I make a payment to them? Would calling in a credit card number be better than using paypal here?

www.escrow.com.

Problem solved :)

natejj
03-17-2007, 02:50 PM
LOL @ the website. Canada isn't even capitalized in the title of the site, and whoever was making that site, put MUSHROOMS and WORDART together.

TEAMFaint
03-17-2007, 02:54 PM
PM Frosty66, I believe this is the site he purchased his rims from. Not 100% sure, but pretty damn sure. So if he did, they are legit..and I'm pretty sure this is the site he got his rims from.

msouther
03-17-2007, 05:26 PM
I was actually going to get some winter wheels and tires from them but ended up getting a little bit better deal from Contemporary Motorsports so I went with them instead. They seemed legit. The guy there had to look into to some stuff for me. He found out the info and was prompt with his callback. Check locally if they can match it first.

Frosty66
03-19-2007, 05:24 PM
I'm pretty sure they are legit.. I did order rims from them but ended up cancelling soon after once I found a set I liked more. I talked with him a lot, and he had no problem cancelling the order.. Seem like good guys..

Give em a try

Mckenzie
03-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Try Tunerworks....great local company and customer service. They warrantied a set of wheels for me no problem after they had som issues and put the full price towards a sweet set of wheels for a great price.

I deal with Mark Lacey but they are all really good there. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BMDUBS
03-20-2007, 10:52 PM
Hahahaha... ya I would try Tumerworks and Tirecraft but they have both proven to be the "most" expensive places to buy wheels and tires.... Tire Craft quoted $1484 for 4 tires installed including GST! The same tires (Brand and size) out of Wheels West in Vancouver are $888 including GST and shipping to my front door! Is it gonna cost $600 bux to install the tires???

Ogpogo
03-20-2007, 10:56 PM
The prices sound amazing! But the website however, well lets just say the last 4/5th of the page being blank doesn't comfort me as much. That, or whoever designed their website wasn't getting paid much.

canadian_hustla
03-20-2007, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Ogpogo
The prices sound amazing! But the website however, well lets just say the last 4/5th of the page being blank doesn't comfort me as much. That, or whoever designed their website wasn't getting paid much.

That is used to get "hits" off of search websites like google, yahoo etc. The more words they have on the front page of the website, the more times it will show up as a hit when searched for

ex:

"nda acura gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gianna gianna wheels wheels wheel wheel wheel lincoln 300c 300c 300c 300c charger charger magnum magnum volkswagen audi subaru tirerack tirerack tirerack tire rack canadiantire canadian canada canada canada canada canada canada canada canadian canadian shop shop shop aftermarket aftermarket groundforce groundforce eibach eibach h&r h&r hr h r craigar cruiser alloy alloy alloy alloy detata drifz drifz dropstars dropstars dropstars diamo dvinci dvinci dvinci dvs dvs dvs enkei enkei gearalloy gear alloy konig konig konig icw gram lights lorenzo lowenhart maas martin brothers martin bros mb mb mb mb mossa mossa motegi motegi boss boss boss boss boss boss boss oz oz oz oz oz oz panther panther akuza akuza akuza rozzi rozzi rozzi incubus incubus incubus zora tezzen tis tis tis tis twenty inches strong twenty inches strong tezzen asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani giovanna giovanna giovanna ginelle ginelle gfg gfg gfg gfg double g double g urban racing urbanracing tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw urban racing urban racing urban racing zinik zinik zink zinik diablo diablo diablo diablo diablo gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato nitto nitto nitto grappler grappler grappler grappler grappler grappler terra terra invo invo invo 555 555 555 555 555 420s 420s 420s 420s nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto falken falken falken falken falken falken falken affordable cheap chrome chromewheels rims tires dub dub dub dub dub dub foose mht driv neeper jesse james moto metal kmc helo diamo xd series gianna gianna gianna diablo diablo diablo forgiato forgiato forgiato kx wheels kx wheels kxwheels kx wheels kx wheels pirelli continental nitto falken sumitomo bfgoodrich goodyear yokohama general kumho kumho kumho asanti lexani hankook offroad interco mickey thompson dubs michelin bridgestone kyowa racing axis exe empire rev replica oe niche 13" 14" 15" 16" 17" 18" 19" 20" 21" 22" 23" 24" 25" 26" 27" 28" 30" 32" baller bling bling tire tire tire tuner drift truck suv lifts 4x4 rize industries fabtech fabtech fabtech fabtech bds suspension liftkits lift kit rcd whiplash skyjacker rancho bulletproof bullet proof revtech rev tech superlift trailmaster kelderman air ride technologies drop dropkits springs grills custom altered show car ford chevrolet chrysler dodge jeep nissan mitsubishi lambourgini porsche ferrari lotus aston martin luxury sedan sport kia boss eagle msr honda acura gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gianna gianna wheels wheels wheel wheel wheel lincoln 300c 300c 300c 300c charger charger magnum magnum volkswagen audi subaru tirerack tirerack tirerack tire rack canadiantire canadian canada canada canada canada canada canada canada canadian canadian shop shop shop aftermarket aftermarket groundforce groundforce eibach eibach h&r h&r hr h r craigar cruiser alloy alloy alloy alloy detata drifz drifz dropstars dropstars dropstars diamo dvinci dvinci dvinci dvs dvs dvs enkei enkei gearalloy gear alloy konig konig konig icw gram lights lorenzo lowenhart maas martin brothers martin bros mb mb mb mb mossa mossa motegi motegi boss boss boss boss boss boss boss oz oz oz oz oz oz panther panther akuza akuza akuza rozzi rozzi rozzi incubus incubus incubus zora tezzen tis tis tis tis twenty inches strong twenty inches strong tezzen asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani giovanna giovanna giovanna ginelle ginelle gfg gfg gfg gfg double g double g urban racing urbanracing tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw urban racing urban racing urban racing zinik zinik zink zinik diablo diablo diablo diablo diablo gianna gia"

is all off that site, + a lot more.

is it legit? I sure as hell wouldn't buy from them... looks like a crappy operation

Ogpogo
03-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by canadian_hustla

That is used to get "hits" off of search websites like google, yahoo etc. The more words they have on the front page of the website, the more times it will show up as a hit when searched for

ex:

"nda acura gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gianna gianna wheels wheels wheel wheel wheel lincoln 300c 300c 300c 300c charger charger magnum magnum volkswagen audi subaru tirerack tirerack tirerack tire rack canadiantire canadian canada canada canada canada canada canada canada canadian canadian shop shop shop aftermarket aftermarket groundforce groundforce eibach eibach h&r h&r hr h r craigar cruiser alloy alloy alloy alloy detata drifz drifz dropstars dropstars dropstars diamo dvinci dvinci dvinci dvs dvs dvs enkei enkei gearalloy gear alloy konig konig konig icw gram lights lorenzo lowenhart maas martin brothers martin bros mb mb mb mb mossa mossa motegi motegi boss boss boss boss boss boss boss oz oz oz oz oz oz panther panther akuza akuza akuza rozzi rozzi rozzi incubus incubus incubus zora tezzen tis tis tis tis twenty inches strong twenty inches strong tezzen asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani giovanna giovanna giovanna ginelle ginelle gfg gfg gfg gfg double g double g urban racing urbanracing tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw urban racing urban racing urban racing zinik zinik zink zinik diablo diablo diablo diablo diablo gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna gianna forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato forgiato nitto nitto nitto grappler grappler grappler grappler grappler grappler terra terra invo invo invo 555 555 555 555 555 420s 420s 420s 420s nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto nitto falken falken falken falken falken falken falken affordable cheap chrome chromewheels rims tires dub dub dub dub dub dub foose mht driv neeper jesse james moto metal kmc helo diamo xd series gianna gianna gianna diablo diablo diablo forgiato forgiato forgiato kx wheels kx wheels kxwheels kx wheels kx wheels pirelli continental nitto falken sumitomo bfgoodrich goodyear yokohama general kumho kumho kumho asanti lexani hankook offroad interco mickey thompson dubs michelin bridgestone kyowa racing axis exe empire rev replica oe niche 13" 14" 15" 16" 17" 18" 19" 20" 21" 22" 23" 24" 25" 26" 27" 28" 30" 32" baller bling bling tire tire tire tuner drift truck suv lifts 4x4 rize industries fabtech fabtech fabtech fabtech bds suspension liftkits lift kit rcd whiplash skyjacker rancho bulletproof bullet proof revtech rev tech superlift trailmaster kelderman air ride technologies drop dropkits springs grills custom altered show car ford chevrolet chrysler dodge jeep nissan mitsubishi lambourgini porsche ferrari lotus aston martin luxury sedan sport kia boss eagle msr honda acura gio gio gio gio gio gio gio gianna gianna wheels wheels wheel wheel wheel lincoln 300c 300c 300c 300c charger charger magnum magnum volkswagen audi subaru tirerack tirerack tirerack tire rack canadiantire canadian canada canada canada canada canada canada canada canadian canadian shop shop shop aftermarket aftermarket groundforce groundforce eibach eibach h&r h&r hr h r craigar cruiser alloy alloy alloy alloy detata drifz drifz dropstars dropstars dropstars diamo dvinci dvinci dvinci dvs dvs dvs enkei enkei gearalloy gear alloy konig konig konig icw gram lights lorenzo lowenhart maas martin brothers martin bros mb mb mb mb mossa mossa motegi motegi boss boss boss boss boss boss boss oz oz oz oz oz oz panther panther akuza akuza akuza rozzi rozzi rozzi incubus incubus incubus zora tezzen tis tis tis tis twenty inches strong twenty inches strong tezzen asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti asanti lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani lexani giovanna giovanna giovanna ginelle ginelle gfg gfg gfg gfg double g double g urban racing urbanracing tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw tsw urban racing urban racing urban racing zinik zinik zink zinik diablo diablo diablo diablo diablo gianna gia"

is all off that site, + a lot more.

is it legit? I sure as hell wouldn't buy from them... looks like a crappy operation

Holy shit, hidden well too. I copied the whole part off the front page here http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1938056#post1938056

I now wouldnt consider buying from them if they have to pull that shit.

jarek
03-31-2007, 09:03 PM
To answer your guys questions... Yes we are legit, been around for quite some time offering the best prices and service we can.. Yes we have switched to a Pay Pal style payment system, we used to take (and may again someday) credit cards over the phone. Due to massive amounts of credit card fraud we had to switch to a safer solution, for now Pay Pal offers that for us and our customers.. The wording on the homrpage was a mear test, doesnt really work and there is nothing shady about it.. also i apologize i did not Capitalize Canada in our homepage banner, its now fixed... I do the website myself, never once took a course or had a lick of help...learn as i go, this in turn saves us thousands of dollars in overhead that turns into savings that i can pass onto you guys... we are a very large wheel and tire company but still like to save everyone money, family owned and proudly Canadian we are not here to rip anyone off... If one of our staff quotes you a price it is real, some products we can save you hundreds of dollars and others maybe only a few or none at all... Our website is a work in progress and is never done, i hope for most of you the virtual wheelsearch (that has more wheel brands and options then any other online period) is fun and usefull for you.. So if we can help any of you great, if not its all good.. I just wanted to have a chance to let everyone know a bit of what we are about....Locals come say hi, let the rest of Canada know we do exist!

Thanks,

Jarek

Owner/Manager Wheelswest.ca

projekz
03-31-2007, 09:39 PM
Great Guys...:thumbsup: :thumbsup: