PDA

View Full Version : Need a favour - will pay cash.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
03-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Alright I need to exchange my big screen TV (40'', 85lb box so nothing too drastic) to Costco up here in the NW (just off Sarcee trail) and since it doesnt fit in my trunk (I had it delivered when I bought it), I need someone with a large SUV, 4x4, Van, or truck to give me a lift. Im out of town for this weekend otherwise I would do it this weekend, and everyone I know works during the week. But im sure someone of you guys get it off.

You pick me up from my place, I can get the tv in the box no problem. Just need a hand lifting it up the stairs and into your car , take me to the costco and pick me up from the costco in say 30-45mins time or you can wait there, shop, run errands, whatever. Upload the new tv back into your car, and take me home. No setup assistance required.

Total time it should take for everything - 1.5-2hrs tops there and back since the costco is only a 10 min drive from my place. And going right when they open I should be able to avoid the rush.

I will pay $35 for whomever is willing to do this huge favour for me. I will pay it after the job is done back at my place, or half half whatever you like.

PM me if interested. Worse comes to worst ill cab it, but I thought since I am able to give some notice, if anyone wants to make some extra cash in their free time/day off and live close by here is the oppurtunity.

ricosuave
03-17-2007, 03:12 PM
a word of advice.

dont pull a "s--dime"

LOL

(corrected for clarity, i suggest others do it too)

GQBalla
03-17-2007, 03:42 PM
what did s_dime do?

Sailz
03-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Yeah watch out! After you pay them they may say you gave the tv to them and proceed to take it from you! 1 word dont ask for favours on this forum as seen from s--dime's incident.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
03-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by ricosuave
a word of advice.

dont pull a "s--dime"

LOL

(corrected for clarity, i suggest others do it too) Dude, the person will be picking me up from my house lol. I aint that stupid. :)

Palmiros
03-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Where in the NW do you live?

LaDeeDaDeeDa
03-17-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Sailz
Yeah watch out! After you pay them they may say you gave the tv to them and proceed to take it from you! 1 word dont ask for favours on this forum as seen from s--dime's incident. I think it should be safe. s--dime is one in a million morons, at least ones as pathetic as him. I get their license plate, they have my address, its all good.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
03-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros
Where in the NW do you live? Sorry forgot to mention it in the orig post...Harvest Hills...right by the Silvercity theatre.

Palmiros
03-17-2007, 04:04 PM
Maybe I missed the info, but when are you looking to do this?

LaDeeDaDeeDa
03-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Palmiros
Maybe I missed the info, but when are you looking to do this? Umm tues AM dude, get there right as they open at 10. So we would head out quarter to ten.

Mitsu3000gt
03-19-2007, 10:31 AM
Its $19.95 for the first 90 min + $0.25 cents/km to rent a truck/van from RONA. That's probably your best bet. If you go over time, its $7/15 min.

D. Dub
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
At home depot you have to prove you bought their products to rent the vans.

dooman24
03-19-2007, 11:32 AM
im interested in renting a truck to move something around.. what other option is there?
Home Depot?
Rona?
and how much would it cost?

5hift
03-19-2007, 11:42 AM
If your super cheap or low on cash, buy something from Home Depot like a BBQ on your credit card, rent their van for cheap to get it home. Except then go pickup your tv, exchange it, and bring it home, and finally go back, tell them your wife freaked out at you and is making you return the BBQ. All you will get charged for the minimal fee of renting from Home Depot.

Mitsu3000gt
03-19-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by dooman24
im interested in renting a truck to move something around.. what other option is there?
Home Depot?
Rona?
and how much would it cost?

I used to work in rentals at RONA. I posted the price a few replies up. Oh, and RONA doesn't care if you bought anything from them or not to use their truck/van.