PDA

View Full Version : Nike Ipod Running shoes

TRDTercelen1
03-17-2007, 04:29 PM
Has anyone bought a pair yet? I got a nano for xmas and I plan on getting a new pair of shoes for the gym. I am trying to find out how exactly it works but I cant seem to find a link with enough information or if its even worth getting.

BigDannyCool
03-18-2007, 01:23 PM
http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/gear.html

VTEXTC
03-18-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a pair of Nike + shoes, as well as the Nike Plus Nano adapter. Works fairly well, however it is requisite that you calibrate the chip on a treadmill or by way of other known distance method. I run approximately 100KM every 2-3 weeks, and have found it to be a little optimistic on distance, but fairly accurate for speed and calories burned.

It's essentially like having a Garmin GPS wrist device, albeit without a heart-rate monitor, and at a greatly reduced price.

Don't think about it...get one!

A

TRDTercelen1
03-18-2007, 10:15 PM
so it would do the same thing for walking right...if i dont get it, i am thinking on maybe purchasing it for my brother who is a mail man...think he might get a kick out of it...get it...kick...fuck im dumb...anyways...after much thought...i hate running so i am just going to get a cheap pair of shoes to wear to the gym...or if i happen to get a good tax return...then i will buy it just for the fact i can say i have it and then never use it...much like my 2 GPS's

Ekliptix
03-19-2007, 12:06 AM
One of the features I like (I don't have one) is you can track your distance and time every day and load it on your computer to see if you're running/walking farther over time and if you're doing it faster.
If I had a Nano I'd be getting this. ALSO you don't need the shoes to use the Ipod transmitter. There's a velcro accessory that will let you attached the transmitter to your shoelaces.

sneek
03-19-2007, 01:06 AM
i wanted them, but they would fit so much nicer in a nike free 5.07 or free 7

CKY
03-19-2007, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by sneek
i wanted them, but they would fit so much nicer in a nike free 5.07 or free 7

They can't because that interferes with the purpose of nike free's. cuz it'll restrict the movement in the middle of your foot. Thats why they made the air zoom moire's. Closest thing to the free's with nike+

Oz-
03-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I had one and returned it. The purpose I purchased it for was not served very well, like others mentioned it was too optimistic on distance run.

I had access to one of those wheels on a stick that measures distance, you have to walk around with it and ticks of the meters travelled. A quick 2 KM run was measured out (yes I walked it) and got 2 KM within 10 meters. The Nike + thing said it was almost 2.5km. Not accurate enough for me.

My Garmin Forerunner 301, says it is 2KM within ~20 meters.

If you have a Nano, it is a quick and cheap way to get a pedometer that interfaces into a computer. But if you don't have a Nano and are looking at tracking these stats, then get a Forerunner. Ever run I go for, I look back and verify my run distance, time/distance intervals and my heart rate throughout the run.

CaptainReboot
03-19-2007, 09:41 AM
I have one and I love it. The shoes I have are the URL=Air MAx Moto+ IV]http://www.sportchek.ca/sportchek/do/style?menuId=122&styleId=28235[/URL]. The shoes are ok. I've gotten used to them, but I still like my New Balance running shoes better.

I like how you can view your results online and compare it with the rest of the world. I've also in a couple of challenges through groups on facebook. Makes you want to push yourself to beat them..haha.

I heard you can get a little pouch and put the adapter in there, although I'm not sure how well they work.

CKY
03-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Oz-
I had one and returned it. The purpose I purchased it for was not served very well, like others mentioned it was too optimistic on distance run.

I had access to one of those wheels on a stick that measures distance, you have to walk around with it and ticks of the meters travelled. A quick 2 KM run was measured out (yes I walked it) and got 2 KM within 10 meters. The Nike + thing said it was almost 2.5km. Not accurate enough for me.

My Garmin Forerunner 301, says it is 2KM within ~20 meters.

If you have a Nano, it is a quick and cheap way to get a pedometer that interfaces into a computer. But if you don't have a Nano and are looking at tracking these stats, then get a Forerunner. Ever run I go for, I look back and verify my run distance, time/distance intervals and my heart rate throughout the run.

Was this after having calibrated the transmitter??

CaptainReboot
03-21-2007, 11:56 AM
Hey,

If you end up getting one, we should start a Beyond challenge or something!