PDA

View Full Version : Mac and Azureus

The Cosworth
03-18-2007, 01:41 PM
I usually make fun of these threads because there are a ton of them and I thought I was pretty good with computers until I ran into this problem.

I recently switched from PC to Mac and I love it, except my torrents run insane slow.

I have had to use Azureus now because uTorrent is not supported on mac (BOO!)

I have fwd'd the port correctly (I can openly see it), I have been downloading very active torrents lately, I havnt switched internet or anything. I used to be able to hit 400kb/sec and now on this thing I am maxing out at 65, 70 kb/sec.

I dont understand it, the HD cant be this slow, and I have tried both connecting through airport and an Ethernet cable so its neither of those.

Any ideas? (Google wasnt that helpful)

BrknFngrs
03-18-2007, 01:51 PM
are you on shaw by chance?

The Cosworth
03-18-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BrknFngrs
are you on shaw by chance?

yes why?

I have encrypted it as I did in uTorrent and I dont have the same results

BrknFngrs
03-18-2007, 01:57 PM
i was using azureus encrypted on both my pc and my mac and everything was running really fast, things were good then one day shaw updated my node or w/e and started "traffic shaping" and it killed my speeds. Tried changing ports, encryptions, etc no luck. Im betting its that and not the mac/azureus combo

The Cosworth
03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
So they only did it for Azureus then? because I was running great on uTorrent.

maybe ill try tomato torrent then.

Thanks

RawB8figure
03-18-2007, 02:53 PM
http://transmission.m0k.org/

try this one

The Cosworth
03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by RawB8figure
http://transmission.m0k.org/

try this one

Do you know if there is any way to transfer my torrents I am already downloading?

I cant figure it out

ultrimadon
03-20-2007, 11:49 PM
I had transmission, and it was really slow for me. I use Azureus which was slow at the beginning but after i changed some settings, i got some pretty decent speeds.

Go to Preferences (apple+,)
Connection>Advanced Network Settings
Then just change max simultaneous outbound connections to 100. I think the default is 20? It worked for me cause even though there were lots of seeds and leechers, it would only connect to around 80ish peers.

Euro838
03-23-2007, 09:45 AM
For soem reason now, I can't seem to d/l with uTorrent, it says it's trying to find seeds/peers but I've left it on for a couple and days and I haven't gotten anything. Stuff I'm d/l is fairly popular so I'm sure there are a lot of seeds. Any ideas? Thanks.

eblend
03-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ultrimadon
I had transmission, and it was really slow for me. I use Azureus which was slow at the beginning but after i changed some settings, i got some pretty decent speeds.

Go to Preferences (apple+,)
Connection>Advanced Network Settings
Then just change max simultaneous outbound connections to 100. I think the default is 20? It worked for me cause even though there were lots of seeds and leechers, it would only connect to around 80ish peers.

Problem with increasing simultaneous connections is alot of cheap routers ( i am looking at you linksys and low end dlink) crap out when there is too much ip traffic and too many connections and some clients cause this to happen more then others.

Mitsu3000gt
03-23-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm on shaw, and use Azureus, and often get speeds around 300kb/s when downloading if the torrent is healthy. I have a PC not a Mac.