PDA

View Full Version : Post Your "Absolute Moron" Stories

Vitesse951
06-01-2003, 04:27 AM
I know everyone has at least one. Those people you meet that say the stupidest things or outrageous claims about their car's performance. Now to be fair to these "Absolute Morons" I think what is going on here is that they spend all of thier money on "performance parts" mainly cold air intakes and different mufflers. Now say they spend 600-700 dollars on a name brand intake and catback system. It probably took them a long time to earn that much money, so its hard for them to swallow the reality that it really didn't benefit them that much. They have to justify to themselves that thier 600-700 dollars was money well spent. So I think that is where the classic "My intake is worth 40 hp" guys come from. Yes, its a very sad story. That being said, understanding them in no way means you can't still laugh at them.

I am from a Beach town in the US, and we get alot of "performance" cars coming in and out on vacation, so theres always fresh people to race/talk cars with. We get more than our share of "Absolute Morons" as I call them. Here are a few just from the last week here in Gulf Shores.

A guy in a 97 civic SI, which actually looked pretty good aesthetically, told me that he had just got back from the track and ran a 14.0 1/4 mile(no, he didn't have the slip, I asked). His modifications were I/H/E. I told him that was unbelieveable, and he added, "yeah well, that was with spinning through 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. If I could have got traction I would have been mid to low 13's for sure." I just turned around and walked back to my car. This one is kinda mild, it gets much worse.

A little later that night, I saw a 1994ish honda accord 4 cyl with the usual altezza's, clear corners, and a multitude of neon bulbs and flashing devices and what not. This car was missing its rear bumper. It also had no visible exhaust system, and by that I mean that the pipe was cut off after the cat and the stock muffler had been removed. This guy's bullshitting reputaion had preceded him. I had heard some friends talking about him earlier.
So I asked him if it was fast, and he said "fast enough to whip that Porsche." I just nodded, I don't really like to shit talk about my car, I like to let it defend itself. So I ask the guy what he has done. He takes a good deep breath and lets out what seemed like a couple minutes worth of memorized engine parts, including "cams" and "camshafts", which are apparently two different things. He said all in all he has 20k invested in the engine, and we arent talking a swap, this is a stock motor, a F22B2 I believe. 20 thousand dollars spent on the engine, and not enough money to replace a back bumper, or have a real exhaust system. I asked him to pop the hood. Underneath was the following: Factory 4cyl, non Vtec motor, including the Factory airbox, and exhaust manifold. Still I have seen some crazy sleepers, so I was only 99.9% sure that this guy qualified for "absolute moron" status. Then I saw the Automatic shifter, and that did it. 100%

Tonight, a guy flagged my friend and I down while we were riding in my friends 1979 corvette. Its been know to take the occasional high 12 second run. The car, btw, can be seen here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6168&item=2416297456

The guy wanted my friend to drive some girl around the strip a few times. Apparently she saw the car go by and wanted a ride. He looks at me, so being the nice guy that I am, I get out, she gets in, and off they go. So I am sitting here at a surf shop parking lot next to this guy. He is leaning on a red 1993ish Mitsu galant, with 10 inch Chrome plastic hubcaps, and a 10 foot tall spoiler. The hood is popped. I wonder to myself if this is guy is going to say something spectacular. I wait.... silence. I start to feel awkward, so I decide to say something. "So, seen anything fast around tonight?" I say. The guy says," just him," pointing to my friend, "and me." I look at the car again... and decide against saying, "really? this?" So I just say, "What do you have done?" His response is, "intake, exhaust, chip." I look at his intake. Now this is really special. His.... "intake" consists of the factory airbox with the lid removed, and the stock dirty paper filter is sitting there, held onto the side of the box with a bungee cord. Amazing.... absolutely amazing. I explained to him that he is now pulling in hot air from the engine bay instead of the colder ambient air he was getting with the snorkel attatched. The "so what" look on his face basically let me know that he didn't think the temperature of the air was too important. He said, "well, my friend has an AEM intake on a civic and they sound the exact same." I just let it go. I sat there for a while in silence wishing that my friend would come back. After a while, the guy added that his car ran in the low 13s. It was then that he enlightened me to the little known fact that his exhaust, and chip, and..."Intake" increases a 4cyl Galant's power to 280. I told him that the vette ran somewhere around that ET, and that they should go line them up. Sadly, he couldn't, because his "Engine seal was blown"...as if it had only one. I didn't stick around to ask, my friend pulled up and I got the hell out of there.

These are actual true stories from the beaches of Gulf Shores, Alabama. I don't know if these "absolute morons" are everywhere in the world, but there sure seem to be alot of them here. I hope you guys have them in Canada, they can be so entertaining. Anyways, follow up with your "absolute moron" stories. :D

SeRb
06-01-2003, 10:50 AM
ok well my friend. . .
she's like telling me how her civic has 24 diam inch rims. . .
and the biggest that can fit into a civic would be 19's right?
and you would have to mess around with the tire well to get it in there properly. . .
also. . .
she told me that she has a 30 psi boost on her DX civic. . .
lol go figure. . .

and that she has 350-400hp at the wheels. . .

i guess she doesnt even know what a front wheen drive car is. . .
lol

o and i told her to come from hamilton to here. . .to show me this miracle of a car. . .
and unfortunately. . .
she sold it for 54gs LOL

RuPaul
06-01-2003, 01:40 PM
Camshafts and cams are indeed different things

Vitesse951
06-01-2003, 03:56 PM
I am not talking about cam Gears, because he said those too.

sin
06-01-2003, 05:52 PM
a girl in my english class who drives a stock civic dx, decided one day as me and some friends were looking in scport compact car that her mom had bought, and i quote, "one of those S200 things..." we went along with it, because she'd deny she lied to the grave, but she doesnt exactly live in an area of calgary where someone would buy one of these, she also told us her dad is worth "like $500 million" and that he could get us ebola if we wanted it...
:bullshit:

AccordTypeR
06-01-2003, 07:16 PM
AHAHAHAHA she such a fuckin chronic liar!!!:rofl: i know this guy aaron.. i think he psots here as sin, he drives this crappy accord.. hes a moron :D :rofl: :thumbsup: hahah j/k, one i saw this lady readin a book, talkin on the phone lookin at a map driving and puttin on make up... she should be shot whata compleate fuckin moron

szw
06-01-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by sin
and that he could get us ebola if we wanted it...

The virus???!

nismodrifter
06-01-2003, 07:33 PM
hahhhahaaha

sin
06-01-2003, 07:33 PM
yes reffering to the virus that she somehow has access to through her dad :rolleyes:
hey accordtyper there are at least 2 aarons that drive accord so get it straight, and dont mock what you dont have :eek: :D

Hash_man
06-01-2003, 07:39 PM
HAHAHAHA, Burn.... :O

one i saw this lady readin a book, talkin on the phone lookin at a map driving and puttin on make up... she should be shot whata compleate fuckin moron

Damn, that lady was dumb, I hope she rolls her SUV! :(

ZMan2k2
06-01-2003, 11:13 PM
Okay, I got one close to that. A guy downtown driving, talking on the phone, typing on his laptop , and writing on one of those pads that stick to the windsheild.:guns: :guns: :guns:

JustinL
06-02-2003, 09:14 AM
This one punk told me that he had a friend with a 4 second civic. I just about choked on my drink trying to hold back the laughter. I pointed out that he would have to average over 200 kph down the entire 1/4 mile and the dude still wouldn't buy it.

Thats the worst one I've heard, but the rest aren't quite as memorable.

Justin

Zephyr
06-02-2003, 09:53 AM
yes another american on this forum! wooooo. well i live in cali, where the rice is plentiful. i have a lot of stories but the worst one is this one in my school: http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13745&highlight=black+rice

lammer
06-02-2003, 11:04 AM
this idiot kid in my school is telling me how bullshits is so cool and they had a 4 second eclipse. ahhahaha i laughed so hard i choked on my own siliva

mad_psyentist
06-02-2003, 01:20 PM
This one comes from... sadly enough... my own little bro, who built his own "dual intake" from plastic accordian tubing for his '87 Camero. My bro talks big but knows nothing, and claimed the setup would increase his hp by almost 50 and be more reliable than my little short-ram I've got in my car. The hp maybe believable cuz it is domestic and runs circles around my Civic before she gets to 3 gear, but I was certain flimsy tubing wouldn't cut it in Texas under 100+ temps. NE way, the tubing had to run under either the engine or the radiator or something cuz of the setup, don't remember and don't care. But one day, the dragging tubing sprung a leak and sand got sucked up into the engine and did a real number. Hate to say I told ya so little bro...

P.S. Alright, more yanks! Glad I ain't the only 'import' here.

P.S.S Vitesse and JustinL - More 944 groupies!?! My life of torment for lovin' the 'poor man's porsche' was not in vain.

cocoabrova
06-02-2003, 04:12 PM
Someone told a friend of a mine that's there's a 9sec. 5th gen. Lude in town:confused:

AccordTypeR
06-02-2003, 05:05 PM
hahah there aint nothin wrong with drivin me moms car... just wait till october
:D 240sx time!!!!:clap:

CRXguy
06-02-2003, 05:37 PM
Apparently my Blitz BOV has been mistaken for a fuel pressure regulator. :confused: :rolleyes: :rofl:

cocoabrova
06-02-2003, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
Apparently my Blitz BOV has been mistaken for a fuel pressure regulator. :confused: :rolleyes: :rofl: Damn homie, your car must be quick to be running dual FPR's:confused::rofl:

04blackMAX
06-02-2003, 10:16 PM
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17059

jdmakkord
06-02-2003, 10:22 PM
I remember going to the corner pocket, and seeing nyugen's sr20det 240 there. Some little clown hardcore kid comes up and starts bragging about it, and how he was positive that it ran 9's in the 1/4. I laughed at him, and told him he was a retard to think that it did.......that made me smile.

Ferio_vti
06-02-2003, 10:49 PM
This guy I know, thinks he's an import expert, was showing me his Subaru Impreza Rally car model. Points out the fire extinguisher as a bottle of NOS.
Of course I have to shit on his parade. Where would you ever use NOS on a rally course?? And you think any co-pilots would want to be sitting on one of those if the car ever rolled in the ditch?? F*cking moron

Same guy also told my bro his GF's RS teg has 180hp under the hood.

atomic
06-03-2003, 02:16 PM
haha,
like that guy @ race city on may 30th with an older late 80's civic with an engine swap. so he also changed his badge to a "SIR" haha ..

so does that mean that all the effort we've put into my friends 200sx SR20DET swap makes it a BlueBird AWD?

wow that "turbo" manifold from the thunder bird we're putting on my car must make my car part thunder bird . i'll order some badges now ..

i also like the "my friend can drive practically any car down in the 14's" attitude .. haha .. what? does he get out and push?

the rice-timate 1/4 mile times are great too . "yah i'm expecting to run 14's" .. then after a few 16 second runs they blame the gas ..

GTS Jeff
06-03-2003, 02:31 PM
hmm chowey and i convinced some guy that my car ran 9.4 seconds with a t3/t4 turbo (i was pointing at the afm) on 28 lbs of boost.

CRXguy
06-03-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by atomic
haha,
like that guy @ race city on may 30th with an older late 80's civic with an engine swap. so he also changed his badge to a "SIR" haha ..

white hatchback? :rofl:

XylathaneGTR
06-03-2003, 07:30 PM
hahaha...
I was talking to one guy at the Ymca a while back...he said his dad had a 4 second m3, Yes, thats right folks, a Full Interior, 4 second 1/4mile M3.
I think it had NAWS or something too...

Moonracer
06-03-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR
hahaha...
I was talking to one guy at the Ymca a while back...he said his dad had a 4 second m3, Yes, thats right folks, a Full Interior, 4 second 1/4mile M3.
I think it had NAWS or something too...

LOL Wow that's as fast as the top fuel dragsters, got to get me one of those.

Dr. Lightspeed
06-16-2003, 10:49 PM
Ok mine beats ya all. I sell perf parts and one of my dealers just told me this story. A kid comes in and wants this largest biggest wing for his Ford Focus because his car needs more downforce on the rear. Apparntly according to this fellow with more rear downforce his car will do better burnouts.