PDA

View Full Version : Are there any reputable tax places down town...

Speed_RaSiR
03-19-2007, 11:23 AM
That I can get my taxes done? Is H&R block any good?

QuasarCav
03-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Is Ufile.ca not an option?

Xtrema
03-19-2007, 12:00 PM
Are you self employed or have a lot of income besides your T4?

It should be straight forward for most people with a single job and can be done with most programs if you can read.

JRSC00LUDE
03-19-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
Are you self employed or have a lot of income besides your T4?

It should be straight forward for most people with a single job and can be done with most programs if you can read.

:werd: If it's pretty plain and simple, you'll likely do it with more success than H&R, haha. Not that I've used them, just going by what the C.A's I know say about people who end up working there.....

Dragan
03-19-2007, 01:33 PM
H&R is the biggest tax preparation company in the world. That is what they do...whadda you think? Do they know their stuff?

Do it yourself...then represent yourself when you get audited. If H & R does it, they will represent you for free. It'll cost you about the same to have them do it right as it'll cost you to screw it up.

CA's don't like them because what H&R does for a hundred bucks, a CA charges $450. An honest CA will tell you they don't follow the tax laws and changes as close as they should. H&R does

Crymson
03-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Ufile.ca FTW.

Been using them for like 4 years now. It was free when i was a student (under 20k yearly income), but now i use it because it remember all the info that doesn't change from year to year, and e-file combined with direct deposite meant that i would get my return back in about 10 days.

I owe money this year though, BOOOOOOOOO!

Si_FlyGuy
03-19-2007, 01:38 PM
My experience with H&R is that they are pretty much trained to:

1) Use a pre-made accounting software equivalent to QuickTax
2) Call a number if they run into any problems.

If you keep your documentation, you shouldn't be worried about getting audited, assuming that your income is straight forward.

If it isn't straight forward (ie. foreign capital, business income, etc), you probably should be seeing a real tax accountant and NOT H&R anyway.

To paraphrase, McDonald's is the largest burger company in the world, do you think they have the best burger?

Anyway, I have 4 returns left on my QuickTax if your return is straight forward.:devil: