PDA

View Full Version : Rant

skyline19
03-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Who here has ever had a car stolen or have had personal items in the car jacked? well i now know the feeling. I bought myself a new Alpine system from visions, just had it all installed on saturday afternoon and by monday morning both my sub and amp got up and walked away.

But wait it gets better. Not only did the fuckers take the most expensive part of my system they took my tools as well. The tools that make me money doing my JOB. What the fuck is wrong with people that they have to rip someone elses shit off just for a few quick coin? I work hard for my money and my toys and nothing irks me more then people who take advantage of that.

i am a sub-contractor and i need my tools to provide money for my way of life. Granted they were only handtools and replaceable but i estimate they were $1500 to $1600 all together.

I am prepared for many people to ask why i didnt have a car alarm and such but the truth is i come from a small town where this sort of bullshit almost never happened. i locked my doors and the car was on the driveway so i guess i was ignorant in thinking i was safe. i guess not.

So what im asking is what are your opinions on what i should do. And if you happen to be in a pawnshop be on the lookout for a Alpine TypeR 12" sub and a Pioneer 800watt mono amp. im not going to bother listing the tools because they were so many and there are always lots of tools in pawnshops.

/rant

canadiandaytona
03-19-2007, 04:18 PM
That Sucks..I got jacked last year then I got F by isurance..alteast you should still have you reciets for you system..insurance should cover it

topmade
03-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Do you have house insurance? check with them they may cover your tools and audio stuff as well.

I feel bad for you, sucks to have that kind of shit happen. Got my van broken into a while ago and of all the things to take they took our camcorder bag and the bag with all my clothing haha, and broke the windsheild to get in.

RaptorGJC
03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
That's pretty shitty, I'm sorry to hear that. Didn't get jacked as much as you did but shit happens.

I got my iPod and a couple computer speakers jacked (that's right computer speakers). I made the mistake of parking in the middle of a packed parking lot. Like you, I didn't have an alarm, just locked my door. I figured locking was enough.:banghead:

When I called the cops, I told them what happened and they said they couldn't do anything. No witnesses, no cameras, no more iPod and speakers.

I hope those little pricks get caught. And I hope I do the catching.:guns:

03ozwhip
03-19-2007, 04:23 PM
and when they do, your inmsurance wont go up because its a theft. shitty deal though, i think its happened to most of us.

rc2002
03-19-2007, 04:23 PM
It doesn't get any lower than stealing. Thieves are the bottom rung of society.

Doesn't help that Calgary's grown this much either. This boom is not only attracting workers, but also thieves too.

I've had my car broken into a few times now. I don't leave anything of value in it anymore. The most I'll spend on aftermarket stereo is $100.

onehawtrex
03-19-2007, 04:28 PM
i have had over 9 grand worht of stereo shit stolen in the last year and now id like to see them get my system its all fibreglassed in and mounted with about 400 double edged razors(i knwo its illegal and i can get sued) but honestley whats gona hurt worse cutting ur finger or me coming out of my house? shitty deal for ya man best wishes on getting ur stuff back

skyline19
03-19-2007, 04:29 PM
i still do have all my receipts as it hasnt even been 3 full days yet... i want to catch these fuckers and give them an asskicking they will remember. i think im gonna set up my camera and see what happens...

TimG
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
That smells like an inside job.

that's why i never give my real address when buying ice for my car or other big ticket items.

5hift
03-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by TimG
That smells like an inside job.

that's why i never give my real address when buying ice for my car or other big ticket items.

after reading the OP's first post this is exactly what I was thinking. Kind of convienient that your stuff gets jacked days after getting it installed. Was your car parked somewhere or at home? Parked where it usually gets parked etc?

They dont need an address however, just a license plate to find out where you live.

skyline19
03-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by 5hift

after reading the OP's first post this is exactly what I was thinking. Kind of convienient that your stuff gets jacked days after getting it installed. Was your car parked somewhere or at home? Parked where it usually gets parked etc?

They dont need an address however, just a license plate to find out where you live.

ya it was parked at home on the driveway. i had it installed at visions so has anyone else had this problem or similar?

actually now that i think about it, it does sound alittle fishy. my car was quite dirty and i didnt notice any hand marks on the hatch. my hatch hydrolics are broken so it wont open w/o a key. The sub and amp were pulled out through the drivers side so someone knew what they were doing.

i cant believe i didnt notice this before but i guess i was too busy throwing a temper tandrum to take note.

Xtrema
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I think that's the risk of aftermarket installs.

3 days, probability of inside job is high. Just count your blessing that the car is still there.

Just claim it under insurance, get an alarm and move on. If you don't have a garage, don't put nice shit in your car. Even if it isn't an inside, eventually someone will notice and jack your shit.

TegLover
03-19-2007, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by skyline19

ya it was parked at home on the driveway. i had it installed at visions so has anyone else had this problem or similar?

actually now that i think about it, it does sound alittle fishy. my car was quite dirty and i didnt notice any hand marks on the hatch. my hatch hydrolics are broken so it wont open w/o a key. The sub and amp were pulled out through the drivers side so someone knew what they were doing.

i cant believe i didnt notice this before but i guess i was too busy throwing a temper tandrum to take note.

Heres an idea, set them up.

skyline19
03-19-2007, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by TegLover

Heres an idea, set them up.

set them up how? i cant think of anything except setting up a camera...

Crymson
03-19-2007, 06:16 PM
What visions was it, i was going to buy some stuff from the one by my house, too fishy to risk it.

skyline19
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
the visions in crowfoot. i left a message to talk to the manager and im going to talk to the police about them tommorrow.

arian_ma
03-19-2007, 06:40 PM
Wow man, go to the visions and look for any sketchy guys that work in the back. Tell em you got something installed in your car and you lost something so you think it fell out in their bay. You can usually tell the type of people that do this kind of stuff by their faces.

Lexxan
03-19-2007, 06:43 PM
If you gave your name and address etc to the installers.. they probably had it done. Also it's very easy to get your info if you know someone who works at a registry.

japplan
03-19-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma
Wow man, go to the visions and look for any sketchy guys that work in the back. Tell em you got something installed in your car and you lost something so you think it fell out in their bay. You can usually tell the type of people that do this kind of stuff by their faces.

talk about judging a book by its cover. fool.

XtremePsionic
03-19-2007, 06:50 PM
Sorry for your loss. Last time I went to vision crowfoot's car audio department, I was greeted by some pretty shady looking guys. People come and go so fast at those places though...

asuth077
03-19-2007, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

haha and then what? Tell the police there is a shady looking installer?

I know what your getting at, but this isn't going to solve anything.

skyline19
03-19-2007, 07:43 PM
no i agree i cant judge them even if they look like theyve done the deed.

But i think everyone can agree that less then 48 hrs after the install it was ripped off. Coincendenice? i think not.

asuth077
03-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by skyline19
no i agree i cant judge them even if they look like theyve done the deed.

But i think everyone can agree that less then 48 hrs after the install it was ripped off. Coincendenice? i think not.

If you were so inclined you could go through insurance and have them re-install it and then see.

My opinion, its not worth your time, invest in an alarm and have faith karma will work it all out.

Crymson
03-19-2007, 10:32 PM
Obviously report it to the police, and don't forget to mention the fact that you had it installed the day before, and where. If they didn't touch it, fine, i'm sure swat isn't going to be busting down any doors.

Sure, don't judge a book by it's cover, but i'm sure if 2-3 people had the same story, things would start to look different. Just because you can't personally corroborate the story, doesn't mean that your information is useless.

Hamann
03-19-2007, 10:40 PM
Shitty deal man, had my car broken into saturday night, luckily my neighbor walked outside to have a smoke and saw the kid, so all i got is a smashed passenger window :guns:

Hopefully insurance covers the costs :thumbsup:

Schwa
03-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Everyone on beyond can help out by never buying stolen stuff. I have friends who buy stolen shit and that absolutely pisses me off. If there's no demand for the stuff then the thieves will not find it profitable.

There's only thieves because there is a demand for the things they steal.

msommers
03-20-2007, 01:03 AM
Man I had the exact same thing happen to me, I know how much it sucks.

I was going to go through house insurance but for what it was worth, it made almost no difference at the end of the day to bother.

Now I leave nothing in the car anymore. I'm sure if some people saw your little bit of change sitting in the center console they would break your window for it. Some people are low, it's rather disappointing.

How did they break in? Check around for finger prints, which might be fairly easy because of the dirty roads. I had tons left over on my passenger window but apparently the cop didn't think they could get anything...lazy fuck.

Good luck and sorry to hear about your lose.

Accord_tunerx
03-20-2007, 01:27 AM
my legend 94 got broken into worst of all they took my car for a JOY RIDE as well when they recovered it...they took my system everythign! and to top of all of it they didnt kno whow to snap off the middle console wher eteh woodgrain was they just took like a screw driver and pulled on it snap both side and then took out the deck...

when to acura and see how much the wood grain were it was 3000 dollars...just for a middle piece i am pissed...but in all end i keep bugging teh police to do something about it..

sooner or later they cought the guy and i got restitution for victims of crime... in the mall
and now he theft over and hopefully i can take my car and get it fixed

but good luck man i hope you get your stuff back

skyline19
03-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
Everyone on beyond can help out by never buying stolen stuff. I have friends who buy stolen shit and that absolutely pisses me off. If there's no demand for the stuff then the thieves will not find it profitable.

There's only thieves because there is a demand for the things they steal.

where do your friends buy their goods? Cause that could sure help me out.

Btw people who buy stolen goods are just as much of a low life as the theifs themselves.