PDA

View Full Version : Best cell phone plan for university??

Super_Geo
06-01-2003, 03:11 PM
I'm looking to get a cell phone for the summer, but I'm heading back to Ontario in the fall for university. Are there any plans out there that would allow me to transfer the home city from Calgary to Kingston when school starts? Anyone else doing something similar to this? Thanks guys.

Stratus_Power
06-01-2003, 03:30 PM
i think any plan will do, al you need is do a number change.
Cuz i asked Telus last year what to do w/ my phone if i decided to go to Queens for univerisity and they said just change the number and i'll be good to go... Im at Edmonton now ( from calgary) and all i did was change my number to an edmonton number

Weapon_R
06-01-2003, 03:38 PM
Wait for a few weeks after Uni opens, and get a plan through them. Right now, I have a pretty decent plan, and I got it through a special university offer.

375 Weekday Mins
Unlim Even/Weekends
Free activation
Free Caller ID

40/month.

I did have to buy a phone, though. That costed me $85 (while it was being sold for more, elsewhere). They usually give students a break, and if you can convince them to throw other features (like free activation - $25 value) and caller ID they may because it worked for me.

gpomp
06-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Everyone in Kingston has Rogers.

Kamen
06-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Yup. There is a telus in Kingston now, but I think the phones are kinda gay there. Rogers it is.

Hey gpomp, I might not renew my cellphone next year...