PDA

View Full Version : Furniture with legs on hardwood floors...

izzoblitzo
03-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I've never owned hardwood flooring before.. does anyone have any good pointers with what to do with furniture on hardwood flooring?

For example, a couch with four legs on hardwood.. Should I worry about scratching, or indentation from the legs? I wouldnt want to hop on the couch, and have the couch slide a little and scratch. I thought about using felt stickies for the legs as well.. but would that cause it to slide more?

;)

Scottie403
03-19-2007, 10:45 PM
buy teflon or felt pads to put on the bottom of the legs. you can get them at home depot.

Melinda
03-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Yeah everything in our house has felt stickies on the bottom, including the couch, coffee table, even our dinning room table and chairs. We love our hardwood so it's important to us to protect it. You can get the pre-sized packages of the sticky felt at home depot or they also sell squares of it that you can cut to fit your own sizes, but they are a little difficult to cut so be warned

Xtrema
03-19-2007, 11:28 PM
Instead of felt, I think there are rubber alternatives as well so your couch won't slide. But try felt first, rubber may leave a mark/streak.

civickid_21
03-19-2007, 11:31 PM
I would get some felt pads to put on the bottom of the legs. It shouldn't slide to much unless your diving on your couch or sumthin. But thats what I use in my house, and it works pretty good

turbotrip
03-19-2007, 11:48 PM
we put pads under every single thing on the hardwood including tables, chairs, tv, etc. You can buy pretty much everything u need from Home Depot

JRSC00LUDE
03-20-2007, 09:28 AM
After about 18 months of having my new maple hardwood, it doesn't matter how careful I've been. It's got little scratches and dents and shit all over it. Now that I've got over being paranoid I just call it "character".