PDA

View Full Version : tootoo hit

Supa Dexta
03-20-2007, 12:21 PM
this didn't make it thru here yet?

what are your thoughts on this event and the suspension?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWw_VrQiSMU

crazy punch and just in time though.. I really don't think he did much wrong...

just the hit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn05Q5yxmPY&mode=related&search=

I dont see it as a sucker punch.. if someone charged in on you like that in mma, and got ktfo, people would think it was a great punch...

:dunno:

Aleks
03-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I would love to see Poopoo knocked the f out by Phaneuf in the next game.

88CRX
03-20-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I really don't think he did much wrong...

He knocked a guy out cold... how could you think he didnt do something wrong?

Self defence is one thing.... KO'ing a guy with a punch is another thing. 5 games is what I figured he'd get.... however I would have given him more since he's a hack of a player.

sexualbanana
03-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Tootoo shouldn't have punched, a push would've been alright. A lot of the time, that's what these scrums come to. Plus it was a punch WITH a glove. So that wasn't terribly cool.

Supa Dexta
03-20-2007, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

He knocked a guy out cold... how could you think he didnt do something wrong?

Self defence is one thing.... KO'ing a guy with a punch is another thing. 5 games is what I figured he'd get.... however I would have given him more since he's a hack of a player.

yes but, had he just turned around and shoved the guy over, woopee.. It just so happened he turned around at the right moment ready to throw one, and it was a good one. The guy charaging in wasn't prepared for that (I'm going to be as bold as to call it skill).... therefore the guy charging in looks like an ass, because he ws the one with bad intentions, not tootoo by throwing the punch at a guy charging him from behind that he sees at the last second... And I don't like tootoo or anything, this is just based on this one situation...

such as this:

http://www.cs.ualberta.ca/~curial/images/weirdfinish.gif

:dunno:

doublet
03-20-2007, 01:01 PM
What about the Modano slash after the punch? Can't modano protect himself. IMO Tootoo should not have suspended for protecting himself from a charge. Also if Rodias helmat was done up correctly then he might no have had such damage from hitting his head on the ice. Just my opinion

88CRX
03-20-2007, 01:06 PM
therefore the guy charging in looks like an ass, because he ws the one with bad intentions

Nobody knows what Robidas intentions were cause he never did anything prior to be knocked out. Maybe Robidas was gonna Chris Simon him accross the face.... maybe he was gonna drop his gloves and fight like a real hockey player does... nobody knows. You assuming he was gonna do something illegal.

Originally posted by doublet
What about the Modano slash after the punch?

He barely tapped him. Modano looked like he was gonna club him and he let up bigtime half way into his swing.

Can't modano protect himself.

He's a star player..... plus that irrelivant.

Also if Rodias helmat was done up correctly then he might no have had such damage from hitting his head on the ice. Just

Also irrelivant. Same story with almost any head injury that has warantted a suspenion.

slick2404
03-20-2007, 01:17 PM
What about the Modano slash after the punch?

I totally agree, i dont care if he didnt hit him as hard as he could...just cuz he held up last second. a wild stick like that, with the attempt to hit a player with a stick is'nt allowed in the game, i dont care if he's a 'star' player.

Everyones attention is on the player gettin punched, but seriously nothing about Modano?
If not a suspension, at least a fine to aknowledge his action

Eclipse_Spyder
03-20-2007, 01:22 PM
that was definetly un called for man shit, keep the street moves on the street

ZedMan
03-20-2007, 01:32 PM
this didn't make it thru here yet?

I dont see it as a sucker punch.. if someone charged in on you like that in mma, and got ktfo, people would think it was a great punch...

What? what kind of justification is that? MMA? last time I checked hocvkey wasn't a combat sport :rolleyes:

Tootoo is a slimy little shit and deserves at least 5 games.

RaptorGJC
03-20-2007, 02:03 PM
IMO Tootoo's punch was uncalled for, but it was pretty dumb of Robidas to jump in so quick. Robidas probably didn't think that scumbag would crank him in the face. Tootoo saw him coming for at least half a second and could have done something else, other then swinging at his face. 5 games, I think, is pretty fair for a move like that.

Supa Dexta
03-20-2007, 02:05 PM
I'm not trying to directly correlate the two, I should clear that up.. The only thing I wanted to get across is, you don't come storming in like that and then be all suprised if something like that happens.. if you go in looking for shit and you end up eating it, you still went in looking for it, you just got the worst of it... Its not like tootoo had time to T him up and plan his attack, he merely turned around and seen him at the last second and acted on it.. you could even argue it was a reflex move, who knows if it was...

Chandler_Racing
03-20-2007, 02:07 PM

Nobody knows what Robidas intentions were cause he never did anything prior to be knocked out.

It takes only a reasonable understanding of the sport of hockey to know what Robidas' intentions were. Simply, to inflict pain and to set an example so to speak that if you hit our "star player" it will not be without consequences.

I can't stand Tootoo, but this was simply a case of self defense. It's either hit or be hit. No excuses, if you are attempting to be involved behind the play, after a hit has taken place. Expect it. Surely, Robidas shouldn't be expecting a two hander to the face (ala Simon), but a punch you better believe it (glove hand or not)

To assume he wasn't going to do something illegal (Ie.// Any form on penalty) is rather foolish. It's not like he was going to shake his hand and complement him on the hit, or ask him in a pleasant way to "please not hit our star player."

pepschnops
03-20-2007, 02:22 PM
Heres one way to look at it:

This is the new NHL were fighting is frowned upon by the league. If this were ten years ago this result of this all would have been a line brawl and very little chance of any suspension for Tootoo. With this new NHL though I believe they are trying to abolish an integral part of the game (fighting).

Robidas was standing up for Modano. Look back to hockey in the 80's, if someone such as Semenko ever thought of laying a hand on a player such as Kent Nilsson everyone here knows Tim Hunter and the rest of the Flames team would have been there to beat the piss out of him a second after the incident took place.

With this said, there still is the question was a suspension justifable. If you look at the replays its evident that Robidas was going to tackle Tootoo and a skirmish was going to result. Tootoo knew it was coming and punched Robidas and knocked him out. His action may have seemed a bit harsh but Robidas should have seen it coming. Robidas is coming in to tangle with one of the most aggressive players in the NHL and he should have been more prepared.

The biggest issue is that Robidas was knocked out but hey he should have been ready for Tootoo's reaction. I wouldn't have thought of any wrongdoing if Tootoo crosschecked him in the chest, bodychecked or grabbed a hold of Robidas but a knockout punch seems like a bit much. 5 games however is fairly harsh. I might have given him 1 game.

Standing up for a team mate is something that is a great part of this sport but I find it really upsetting that the league is really frowning on any physicallity. If you asked me I liked the rough and tough gritty hockey way more than this "New NHL" garbage.

Yes penalty's need to be called when a player is hooked down or when a knockout punch is thrown but these refs are "trigger happy" on their whistles and looking to call anything. late 80's early 90's hockey with the skill, grit and rough and tough games are what I like and I would almost prefer to watch and old game tape rather than seeing these guys diving all over the ice.

end of rant!

2.4l
03-20-2007, 02:34 PM
jordan tootoo is a TANK!!!!!

He shitkciked Iginla, Regher, ETC.......
Tootoo is awesome!, skills suck, but his highlights are champ

Nav13
03-20-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l
jordan tootoo is a TANK!!!!!

He shitkciked Iginla, Regher, ETC.......
Tootoo is awesome!, skills suck, but his highlights are champ

Tootoo is a puss, if I remember right, Iginla wanted another go later in the game but that bitch wouldnt fight. In the Regehr fight it was pretty even until Regehr lost his footing and Tootoo landed ontop of him. In the Iginla fight, Iginla was cleary shittkicking Tootoo until Tootoo pushed him to the ice, since he couldnt through any punches.

Regher fight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gT8GW4KN69o

Iginla fight

adidas
03-20-2007, 03:58 PM
If the NHL is going to suspend players for fighting, body checking and what not then they should just eliminate it from the game as a whole. Too many ppl bitching nowadays.

schocker
03-20-2007, 04:04 PM
The way i saw it, it was pretty much justified, he just wasnt skating over to have a talk with tootoo, he was ready to fight so tootoo took the first move as he got up with his glove on still. He did get knocked out, but also got the charging penalty. I dont know what else tootoo was supposed to do in a situation like that. :dunno:

hjr
03-20-2007, 04:33 PM
no, tootoo got mobbed by two guys, then got regher on the ground. he took that bout.

the iginla bout was to iginla for sure. tootoo ran iginlas head into the ice which wasnt good.

and finally, this whoooole situation. Fuck it. its awesome. I dont like tootoo. i havent liked him since i saw him in the world juniors destroy a guy after powerskating 2/3's of the ice. It was like charging x 50. BUT, hockey needs a little bit of contact. The modano hit wasnt bad at all, and besides, the guy is like foot taller than tootoo. fuck that shizzz, it was great.

Supa Dexta
03-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Tootoo's also lucky modano's skate didn't come up right after the hit, where he was on his knees staring straight down at it... Had modano's foot kicked up it would have caught him right in the chin or nose... .26 into 2nd vid...

88CRX
03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by Chandler_Racing

It takes only a reasonable understanding of the sport of hockey to know what Robidas' intentions were. Simply, to inflict pain and to set an example so to speak that if you hit our "star player" it will not be without consequences.

Robidas was most likely going to go in grab Tootoo and try to fight him. Or atleast thats what most resonsible players (ie:not Simon, McSorley or Bertuzzi) would do.

Throwing a haymaker was not justified at all.

2.4l
03-20-2007, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by Nav13

Tootoo is a puss, if I remember right, Iginla wanted another go later in the game but that bitch wouldnt fight. In the Regehr fight it was pretty even until Regehr lost his footing and Tootoo landed ontop of him. In the Iginla fight, Iginla was cleary shittkicking Tootoo until Tootoo pushed him to the ice, since he couldnt through any punches.

Regher fight

Iginla fight

AHAHAHAHA ok a little bit of calgary bias buddy????
TOOTOO shitkicks iginla, look at him bleeding all over in the video.
and regher was 2 vs 1 on tootoo and he still took him down and fed him some inuit breakFIST

carter_prelude
03-20-2007, 05:34 PM
TOOTOO is just protecting himself...i mean, id like to see anyone of you guys not throw a punch at a guy charging in on you with intentions of kicking your ass....

fiveabi
03-20-2007, 05:46 PM
bulllshit for the suspension, he protected himself, it wuz no bertuzzi, it wuz a fine play....fuckkkkkkin gay

Nav13
03-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by 2.4l

AHAHAHAHA ok a little bit of calgary bias buddy????
TOOTOO shitkicks iginla, look at him bleeding all over in the video.
and regher was 2 vs 1 on tootoo and he still took him down and fed him some inuit breakFIST

Iginla was bleeding because his face hit the ice, or that cheap shot at the end any player can do that to another, then Tootoo goes off throwing his hands in teh air like hes the shit, what a douche. In the Regehr fight, the second guy didnt even throw any punches, they both pinned him on the boards, then Regehr and Tootoo went at it. Hahah yea I got alot of Calgary bias, to make it worse, I cant stand Tootoo, even before this latest incident occured, I just couldnt stand him since the game where I saw him skate off the ice like a pussy avoiding a fight, then talking shit from the bench.
But yea in the Modano/Robidas incident, I do think 5 games is a bit much, 1 would have been fair. The reason I think he still deserves a suspension is because this shit happens all the time in the NHL. Someone lays a hit on a star player they know they are going to have to fight some right after, and 95% of the time its a clean fight, Tootoo clearly through a sucker punch instead of dropping the gloves and going at it with Robidas in a clean fight. I think Modano should have gotten a game too, even if he held up, the rules should apply the same to star players as they do to grinders and instigators.

Cypresskilla
03-20-2007, 06:04 PM
How can any of you Say Tootoo did anything wrong. He layed a good check on the Stars "glass" player and was lucky enough to protect himself from a Third man attack. Queen Modano should be the one suspened for whelling his stick around like he was in a bitch fight.

All the people that say Tootoo is to blame are also to blame for the "new NHL". Hockey is contact and fighting it always has been, if you don't like that then don't Fucking watch it.

So Thx to all of you for fucking up the NHL :thumbsup:

If you don't like Contact watch Curling!!!!!!!!!!!

fiveabi
03-20-2007, 06:10 PM
^x infinity

NickGT
03-20-2007, 06:23 PM
Tootoo is a hack. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. He takes cheap shots at guys every game he plays. Its just his style. Dirty as fuck. Finally he's getting called on it. Its to bad Robidas had to eat that haymaker. Tootoo had plenty of time to handle things differently.

shtock99
03-20-2007, 06:46 PM
i dont think tootoo shouldve been suspended... If Robida wanted to fight him he wouldnt have been skating that fast, if tootoo didnt turn around then i guarntee you robida wouldve nailed from behind. If that was say laraque or any other fighter going to get tootoo there gloves wouldve been off already and they would be goin in slowly and get hm not skate that fast into tootoos fist

sr20dets13
03-20-2007, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by Nav13

Iginla was bleeding because his face hit the ice, or that cheap shot at the end any player can do that to another, then Tootoo goes off throwing his hands in teh air like hes the shit, what a douche. In the Regehr fight, the second guy didnt even throw any punches, they both pinned him on the boards, then Regehr and Tootoo went at it. Hahah yea I got alot of Calgary bias, to make it worse, I cant stand Tootoo, even before this latest incident occured, I just couldnt stand him since the game where I saw him skate off the ice like a pussy avoiding a fight, then talking shit from the bench.
But yea in the Modano/Robidas incident, I do think 5 games is a bit much, 1 would have been fair. The reason I think he still deserves a suspension is because this shit happens all the time in the NHL. Someone lays a hit on a star player they know they are going to have to fight some right after, and 95% of the time its a clean fight, Tootoo clearly through a sucker punch instead of dropping the gloves and going at it with Robidas in a clean fight. I think Modano should have gotten a game too, even if he held up, the rules should apply the same to star players as they do to grinders and instigators.

So your saying if he woulda just stopped..paused and thrown down his gloves and faught the other player it would have bin right?..if someone were to be charging after you from behind..and you know you hit a star player..chances are the guy coming from behind isnt too happy..and isnt just speeding up from behind like that to give him a love tap..plus when in that time that robidas was charing did he have time to actually drop his gloves and have a fair fight....IMO it was just his gut instinct..you turn around a see someone come flying at you..your gonna do anything in your power to stop it..so he layed him out..imagine how much worse that could have been..tootoo getting checked from behind and then going face first into the boards without expecting it..its gonna hurt..in the end i think robidas looks like an idiot...and as for tootoo..it was a damn quick reaction.

coste
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
Tootoo did what he had to do to protect himself. It might not have been the smartest choice, but when a player is 'charging' you, you're not just going to stand their and wait to eat a face full of shoulder/elbow. I don't think a suspension was necessary. Robidas was coming in to get a piece of Tootoo, in an effort to protect Modana, and got a fist for his troubles.

When a star player is hit, and an enforcer steps up to 'protect' him, their not going to talk it out. Robidas knew what he was getting himself into.

As for Modano, he should have been fined for that pussy attempt to hit Tootoo with his stick. Yeah he slowed it down half swing, but he still definitely hit Tootoo with some impact. What if Simon slowed down his two handed chop on Hollweg? Would we just look past it? I know it's not the same, but the intent to hurt is still present.

Nav13
03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by sr20dets13

So your saying if he woulda just stopped..paused and thrown down his gloves and faught the other player it would have bin right?..if someone were to be charging after you from behind..and you know you hit a star player..chances are the guy coming from behind isnt too happy..and isnt just speeding up from behind like that to give him a love tap..plus when in that time that robidas was charing did he have time to actually drop his gloves and have a fair fight....IMO it was just his gut instinct..you turn around a see someone come flying at you..your gonna do anything in your power to stop it..so he layed him out..imagine how much worse that could have been..tootoo getting checked from behind and then going face first into the boards without expecting it..its gonna hurt..in the end i think robidas looks like an idiot...and as for tootoo..it was a damn quick reaction.

Well hindsight is 20/20, but looking at the vid again, Tootoo could have easy put his hands up and pushed back the same way Robidas was coming in, then got into it with him. Again I understand everything happened really quickly, but I dont think throwing a sucker punch with your glove on is called for in that situation.

from this view

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn05Q5yxmPY

Its quite clear Robidas was not coming in with his stick in the cross check position nor was he coming in with his arm cocked, plus he was gliding right before contact, not coming in for a charge.

Anyways Tootoo is the type of player that pulls this kind of shit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-OHhHjMNXI

and I clearly dont like him, so obviously I have a very biased opinion.

sr20dets13
03-20-2007, 09:53 PM
I know the view is from behind..but still..look at the time it takes for tootoo to turn around..and look how close robidas was to him..i dont think putting his hand up would have cut it..he was coming in pretty hard as far as i can see..and that punch was less tehn a split second decision..not a sucker punch.:werd:

Chandler_Racing
03-20-2007, 10:22 PM

Robidas was most likely going to go in grab Tootoo and try to fight him. Or atleast thats what most resonsible players (ie:not Simon, McSorley or Bertuzzi) would do.

Throwing a haymaker was not justified at all.

Then, I fail to see your logic.

Robidas went into the play with the intention to fight (or worse depending on who you are talking too), evidently so did Tootoo albeit after he finished his check on Modano.

Robidas went after Tootoo, and was introduced to a nuckle sandwich. It's not like Robidas back was turned, he was facing him and ready to give 'er. A tough guy was discussing in on OTR (forget who it was maybe Probert) and he said that if it was him "he'd have his gloves off and ready to fight before he even got there."

If you goto a fight with the intention of just throwing a few punches, you're going to get hurt. If you go in with the intentions of dropping the other player (you possibly won't be).

Do the rules state: thou shall not throw haymakers during a fight :dunno:

carter_prelude
03-20-2007, 10:38 PM
hahaha....lots of time to react... :rolleyes: PLEEASE he just brings his head up and another guys coming on him. Split second decision right there...BAM. I didn't have time to bring up 2 hands and lightly "push" the other guy lol...some people haven't played hockey in here and its obvious.

TeamBestBud
03-20-2007, 10:46 PM
Face it..had Robidas not been KNOCKED THE FUCK OUT and left on a stretcher, this wouldn't have been brought up. This occurs in games and it was unfortunate that this incident lead to Robidas being KO'ed off a damn nice punch. 5 games? too much. 1 game is alright 2 games is perfect.

TEAMFaint
03-20-2007, 10:50 PM
If you ever had the chance to see Jordan Tootoo in person you would then realize how much of a tank this kid really is. Sure he may look decently big on your 50" TV, but until you actually meet the kid, you know nothing of his size. This kid will seriously shred apart over 90% of the NHL if he has to.

Sorry to say, I'm a dire Flames fan and have been for many years, but I'm pretty sure he would give Dion quite a run for his money.

Now for the hit. I dont agree with the suspension at all. If you look at the highlights, what do you think would have happened to Jordan if he didnt turn around swinging? He would have got a nice stick and gloves right to the face and after being knocked down, most likely being jumped on and beat by about 3 Dallas Star players. And why? Because he made a nice clean/hard hit to Modano? Give me a break. I dont care if he's a star player, Tootoo is tryin to make a name for himself by playing the style of hockey he is used to..WHL hockey, rough house hockey, where there is no "respect" on the ice for star players, if you touch the puck, you're gonna get hit buddy.

If this had happened and Dion had given the punch, everyone on this board would have jumped on the bandwagon sayin' "IT WAS SELF DEFENCE AND HE DESERVED WHAT HE GOT." Sorry but its true.

I'm a hockey player and had the chance to play at a decently high level (tryed out for various WHL teams, and Junior A teams) and I know my stuff, this punch by Jordan was not a sucker punch by any means. If you are going to go try and "protect" your captain, you better be ready to watch your own ass, and your face.

01RedDX
03-20-2007, 11:16 PM

ricefarmer
03-20-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm pretty much with this guy.... I don't know how many of you have actually played contact sports and I don't mean rugby or football where fighting is not allowed but if Tootoo didn't do that then he'd be knocked out right now to. I think 5 games is to much, I'd rather see a 5 game suspension go to Modano for that stick swing after he got laid out. now thats called being a bitch!

Originally posted by TEAMFaint
If you ever had the chance to see Jordan Tootoo in person you would then realize how much of a tank this kid really is. Sure he may look decently big on your 50" TV, but until you actually meet the kid, you know nothing of his size. This kid will seriously shred apart over 90% of the NHL if he has to.

Sorry to say, I'm a dire Flames fan and have been for many years, but I'm pretty sure he would give Dion quite a run for his money.

Now for the hit. I dont agree with the suspension at all. If you look at the highlights, what do you think would have happened to Jordan if he didnt turn around swinging? He would have got a nice stick and gloves right to the face and after being knocked down, most likely being jumped on and beat by about 3 Dallas Star players. And why? Because he made a nice clean/hard hit to Modano? Give me a break. I dont care if he's a star player, Tootoo is tryin to make a name for himself by playing the style of hockey he is used to..WHL hockey, rough house hockey, where there is no "respect" on the ice for star players, if you touch the puck, you're gonna get hit buddy.

If this had happened and Dion had given the punch, everyone on this board would have jumped on the bandwagon sayin' "IT WAS SELF DEFENCE AND HE DESERVED WHAT HE GOT." Sorry but its true.

I'm a hockey player and had the chance to play at a decently high level (tryed out for various WHL teams, and Junior A teams) and I know my stuff, this punch by Jordan was not a sucker punch by any means. If you are going to go try and "protect" your captain, you better be ready to watch your own ass, and your face.

Kirbs17
03-21-2007, 02:00 AM
This lame sucker punch was NOT worth 2 more games then what Cam Jannson got for hit late, BRUTAL hit on Tomas Kaberle

Benny
03-21-2007, 02:52 AM
Meh, I'm undecided. I'll try not to let the fact that I friggin hate Tootoo cloud my judgement.

On the one hand, it shouldn't have been thrown. That was a sucker punch thrown with intent to land in the guy's face no matter how you look at it.

On the other hand, it was a damn lucky punch. Trust me, from a boxing standpoint that was a lucky punch right where could land the most damage. Everyone who is hailing Tootoo as 'such a beast' are just being fanboys. The point I'm trying to make is that sometimes shit like that happens and I doubt the intent to hurt the guy so bad was there. Hockey is a contact sport. There are glove-on hits thrown all the time in hockey games, they just don't all land like this one did. I think if the guy hadn't gotten knocked out by the lucky punch, there wouldn't be such a debate about it.

I think it's actually has a bit to do with the new NHL making an example of that dumbshit Tootoo in order to strengthen their ideas for more peaceful hockey (lame).

SCHIDER23
03-21-2007, 07:58 AM
I don't know why you guys keep calling a sucker punch, as I remember from school a sucker punch was when someone got hit from behind or was not looking at the person doing the damage, but you can clearly see in the video the robidas was coming from behind Tootoo to inflict damage the cowardly way, to bad for him Tootoo managed to see him. I do not applaud Tootoos actions, but he was within his right to knock Robidas out for trying to take a cheap shot:eek:

TEAMFaint
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Tootoo is still a degenerate troll, and he has no talent except for knocking people out.

Says the 5 foot asian wonder..

You must be absolultely fantastic at hockey hey? Why dont you go try to skate around him, or stand in net and try to stop one of his shots then :rolleyes:

shtock99
03-21-2007, 03:17 PM
he has no talent, but yet he played for team canada at the world juniors, now plays in the NHL, your prolly one of those guys who thinks everyone sucks who isnt named sidny crosby, ovechkin, and all the superstars out there.

I don't like Tootoo as an opposing fan, but i would love to have him on my team any day, he's def the biggest pest in the nhl and the best at it for sure

Nate
03-21-2007, 04:25 PM
Looks like most people here have not played hockey.

I have been playing for 25 years, by no means an expert. Tottoo did nothing wrong. He reacted. There wasn't time to think of his actions.

Robidas is to clearly blame for this. You can see when he is coming in his hands and stick start to come up, and he was ready to hit Tottoo from behind. BS that we dont know Robidas intent, anyone that has played the game knows. Robidas at the very least should have dropped his stick. The gloves should have come off too and been prepared to fight. I am sure the reaction from Tottoo would have been different.

His chin strap was not done up right, causeing more injury. The NHL needs to crack down on that to prevent injuries. I suffered a brain injury, and now wear a concussion guard helmet and a mouthguard, sure makes a difference. I value being able to think. 80% of all concussions in hockey can be prevented with a mouthguard, add the concudion guard helmet and it just increases your protection.

Modano should have recieved a bitch slap for his swing with the stick, that shows intent to injury.

The NHL is also to blame. The need to stop trying to eliminate fighting. These chicken shits are taking swings at guys (Chris Simon) instead of fighting and it causes injuries. When 2 guys fight they usually sit for 5 mins then back on the ice. I played lacrosse for years aswell, were fighting was allowed. There was less stick work than hockey, and less injuries.

For those of you that dont know that fighting on skates is completley different go rent Youngblood

Mar
03-21-2007, 05:23 PM
It's the league's own fault for pushing hockey in this direction. This is why I prefer soccer, they kept it a skill game instead of encouraging the rough hits and fighting which shouldn't even be a part of any skill game.

Xtrema
03-21-2007, 05:28 PM
More like swinging in arm to block the on coming hit but landed as a punch by accident.

Suspension is a "it looks bad on TV" knee-jerk reaction.

01RedDX
03-21-2007, 05:39 PM

stevieo
03-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by SCHIDER23
I don't know why you guys keep calling a sucker punch, as I remember from school a sucker punch was when someone got hit from behind or was not looking at the person doing the damage, but you can clearly see in the video the robidas was coming from behind Tootoo to inflict damage the cowardly way, to bad for him Tootoo managed to see him. I do not applaud Tootoos actions, but he was within his right to knock Robidas out for trying to take a cheap shot:eek:

k so say me and you are talkign face to face, and then you are about to say something and i clock you right in the face, thats not a sucker punch?

i define a sucker punch as getting hit when not expected.

calgarys_finest
03-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by NickGT
Tootoo is a hack. It was only a matter of time before something like this happened. He takes cheap shots at guys every game he plays. Its just his style. Dirty as fuck. Finally he's getting called on it. Its to bad Robidas had to eat that haymaker. Tootoo had plenty of time to handle things differently.

but why would he do it differently. hit or get hit have you ever played hockey? if you get in a fight do you want to take the first hit no so why wouldnt he punch first? the league is starting to punish people for the results not the actions.

to the one just above me he wasnt going to him to talk he was going to fight what happens in a fight?

Supa Dexta
03-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Mar
It's the league's own fault for pushing hockey in this direction. This is why I prefer soccer, they kept it a skill game instead of encouraging the rough hits and fighting which shouldn't even be a part of any skill game.

booo.... ha

I used to love playing soccer, but I can't stand watching it.. Dives left and right, rolling around on the ground in soo much pain, until they get the attention they want, then they bounce back up and are fine...

:rolleyes:

403Gemini
03-21-2007, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

k so say me and you are talkign face to face, and then you are about to say something and i clock you right in the face, thats not a sucker punch?

i define a sucker punch as getting hit when not expected.

Lol steve, if i see you get knocked the fuck down by some bitch, and i run in to help you out, i BETTER be expecting to get hit back from that guy who hit you ;)

Cheap shot? Yeah sorta

Lucky shot? definatly.

Im on the fense, Tootoo is a tool but i can see it from the point he was just defending himself , and if Robidas wasnt prepared for "the worst" he shouldnt have jumped in the ring. Thats my 2 cents.

NickGT
03-21-2007, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by calgarys_finest

but why would he do it differently. hit or get hit have you ever played hockey? if you get in a fight do you want to take the first hit no so why wouldnt he punch first? the league is starting to punish people for the results not the actions.

to the one just above me he wasnt going to him to talk he was going to fight what happens in a fight?

Oh I've played tons of hockey in my life and still do to this day (although not as much) don't worry. This wasn't a fight. Did you see anyone drop the gloves? I sure didn't.

Hit or get hit. Yah I totally follow you. However hitting and being physically tough has nothing to do with throwing a huge haymaker with your glove on directly to someones head. Thats a whole different kind of "hitting" that usually ends in - you guessed it - suspension.

He had enough time to turn around, see Robidas and throw his massive haymaker. He could have just as easily planted his feet and put his shoulder right into Robidas. Sure he would have probably eaten it. Robidas would have felt it for sure. But most importantly everything would stay within the confines of the game. Robidas would be penalized for charging. Tootoo would return the next shift and be on a powerplay.

But you're the hockey expert right. Throwing a blatant head shot with your glove on and getting suspended was a much better decision.

403Gemini
03-21-2007, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by NickGT

Oh I've played tons of hockey in my life and still do to this day (although not as much) don't worry. This wasn't a fight. Did you see anyone drop the gloves? I sure didn't.

Hit or get hit. Yah I totally follow you. However hitting and being physically tough has nothing to do with throwing a huge haymaker with your glove on directly to someones head. Thats a whole different kind of "hitting" that usually ends in - you guessed it - suspension.

He had enough time to turn around, see Robidas and throw his massive haymaker. He could have just as easily planted his feet and put his shoulder right into Robidas. Sure he would have probably eaten it. Robidas would have felt it for sure. But most importantly everything would stay within the confines of the game. Robidas would be penalized for charging. Tootoo would return the next shift and be on a powerplay.

But you're the hockey expert right. Throwing a blatant head shot with your glove on and getting suspended was a much better decision.

Thats true, he coulda kept his hand down and just planted himself there.

NickGT
03-21-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Thats true, he coulda kept his hand down and just planted himself there.

Well even if Tootoo wants to use his hands, he can push back against Robidas in the chest. Maybe give a bit of a face wash for good measure.

No need to unload on him so unexpectedly and send him off on a stretcher. Nobody wants to see that shit.

BerserkerCatSplat
03-21-2007, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by shtock99
he has no talent, but yet he played for team canada at the world juniors, now plays in the NHL, your prolly one of those guys who thinks everyone sucks who isnt named sidny crosby, ovechkin, and all the superstars out there

Playing in the NHL is hardly the be-all measure of athletic skill. Remember Rocky Thompson? :rofl:

shtock99
03-22-2007, 02:00 AM
yeah and how many seasons did rocky thompson play, and he also played in the old nhl and couldnt skate worth shit, tootoo is a fast mother fucker and he will knock you if your not paying attention or ready..

i hate watching the t.v and all these people who have never played hockey are saying all these head shots are cheap blah blah... keep your head up and there wont be any head shots, and that goes for robidas aswell, if he would've done it "properly" this wouldnt have happened. Wade Belak was on off the record today and said if robidas knew what he was doing we wouldnt be talking about this