PDA

View Full Version : How do you fix a scratched screen on phone?

Dayclone
03-20-2007, 08:44 PM
So my gf dropped her nice Motorola KRZR phone and it's pratically brand new!!!! which i got her for Christmas and now it's scratched errr!!! wtf makes me kinda dissapointed and mad but w.e. it's over...

So how do I fix it or replace the cover?

Steve

atomic
03-20-2007, 09:25 PM
toothpaste and rub it in circles with your finger

it'll smooth the edges and make the scratches less visible

:thumbsup:

RX_EVOLV
03-20-2007, 09:37 PM
how scratched is it?
I used plastiX on my LG chocolate and it works pretty well , makes the scratches less visible

Dj_Stylz
03-20-2007, 10:12 PM
Where did you buy it?

SCHIDER23
03-21-2007, 08:32 AM
I dropped my 8703r and part of my screen got scratched not really bad, but you could still see it so I when to this site

SHIELDZONE (http://www.shieldzone.com/)

Since I bought a complete kit for my Razr V3i before, anyways I put it on and the scratches are gone you can't even see them and now is protected plus the shield has a lifetime warranty . :thumbsup:

and free shipping :thumbsup:

3g4me
03-21-2007, 09:21 AM
I saw a package at futureshop that claimed that it fixes scratches on cell phones and ipods. It was in the impulse zone beside the till when paying.

ken-gsr
03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by atomic
toothpaste and rub it in circles with your finger

it'll smooth the edges and make the scratches less visible

:thumbsup:

Does it matter what kind of toothpaste you use? I have heard that if you use the white stuff, it could make it worse? So in that case do you use the gel stuff? and if so - what sort of things do you want to stay away from - e.g., baking soda?

atomic
03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by ken-gsr

Does it matter what kind of toothpaste you use? I have heard that if you use the white stuff, it could make it worse? So in that case do you use the gel stuff? and if so - what sort of things do you want to stay away from - e.g., baking soda?

i've always used the white grainy crest stuff . the same as i use to brush with . i use it on my old walkmans, phone and ipod . to tell you the truth, i don't even remember who told me to try it . but it's been something we've used in our family for years :dunno: . wierd, but it works

you'll want to sponge it off with a damp cloth after btw . otherwise it'll have a zesty scent :)

aklalani
03-21-2007, 11:44 AM
i use www.bestskinsever.com

putting this on top of the scratches may make them invisible as it is like a protective film

Artega
03-21-2007, 12:18 PM
toothpaste works because it contains montmorillonite or mica, which is a very very soft, fine sand.
This is the stuff that abrase your teeth and make them clean.

so essentially you're wearing the screen and sanding it until the scratch is gone

That's why it works

for me I used Brasso on my nano and it worked out
didn't take up the hard scratches but it does make them less noticable.

I don't know how well it'll work
but if you're gonna try to buff it out, it might make it worst...make it better.
if it was me and it's really deep.
i would just leave it and put a screen protector on it

msommers
03-21-2007, 01:13 PM
Biggest pain in the ass is dust behind my screen, how it gets there is beyond me.

atomic
03-21-2007, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Biggest pain in the ass is dust behind my screen, how it gets there is beyond me.

the dust monster

http://www.yesnet.yk.ca/schools/wes/webquests_themes/monsters_line/monster_examples/images/9718Dust_Head_jpg.jpg

Deibs
03-21-2007, 07:21 PM
:rofl: :rofl:

did you just get out of kindygarten.. hehe.

crazydriver
03-21-2007, 09:40 PM
^
nopes, a stencil was used plus coloring is within the lines, I'd say grade three.

back on topic now, where does Futureshop and Bestbuy put those protective films? i can never locate them