PDA

View Full Version : wondering if i should get it checked out

FreakinPrince
03-21-2007, 08:56 AM
Damn the weather but this morning i was dropping off my sister to work as no bus showed up for an hour and half

i was stopping on the road waiting to take a left turn into her office parking lot and as i saw behind me it seems like this guy was going pretty fast but trying to slow down and ended up hitting me in the rear.

it felt like a big impact but as i got out of the car after he hit me...i saw that that bumper got a scratch from his car....

I got all his info and a statement saying that he bumped into me from behind with visible damange (scratch)

I was just wondering should i get the car frame checked even though lucky for him the bumper so far doesn't show any crack or anything big..

just wondering if i should get it checked out anyways?

my car is a Civic Sedan 2000

thanks for the input

teggypimp95
03-21-2007, 09:13 AM
If it was only hard enough to make a scratch, then there is no way it did any frame damage.

FreakinPrince
03-21-2007, 09:15 AM
so then the bumper saved the guy and myself time and money eh? heh

alright....thanks

Mitsu3000gt
03-21-2007, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by FreakinPrince
so then the bumper saved the guy and myself time and money eh? heh

alright....thanks

A long time ago I rear ended a Grand Cherokee at 1-2km/h and there was minor frame damage. I would get it checked either way.

teggypimp95
03-21-2007, 09:26 AM
You could get it checked if you wanted to but if the car feels like it drives and handels normal your most likly ok. But just judge by rear end damage and how hard the impact felt.

ken-gsr
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
i got rear ended by a lady in october. the damage was very minimal (minor scratch). She however got rear ended by someone else - so I had to wait for the police to show. It is a good thing that I did, they gave me a accident sticker. I went to the autobody shop and it was going to cost over $1000! If that is the case - you need your accident sticker to get it fixed.
They couldn't bondo my car, because of where the scratch was on the bumper - they would have had to replace the whole thing.

FreakinPrince
03-21-2007, 11:11 AM
interesting ok...i am going to go get it check out

going to file a report anyways and see what they have to say...other then that i will get it checked out anyways just in case...

a friend of mine had been rear ended and he also had minor frame damange...so that's why i thought i asked and see what you guys have to say....

it doesn't hurt right...so i'll get it done...

thanks for the input

Primavara
03-22-2007, 10:56 PM
Ya it dosent hurt to see if there is damage. You'd be pretty pissed if you found out later there was some frame damage.

myroushiscooler
03-31-2007, 12:33 AM
if the dude behind u hit u pretty hard then ur bumper absorbed the shock.. but its bolted on to other parts of the car.. u should get it checked out..