PDA

View Full Version : Please combine marketplace listings when possible (and useless bumping)

D'z Nutz
03-21-2007, 02:18 PM
If you have multiple items to sell, please refrain from making one thread per item. Combine all items into one large thread, unless, of course, each item(s) belong in separate Marketplace sections (ie: Computer Hardware & Peripherals, Video Games / Systems, Cellular Products, Automotive, etc....)

If you are posting multiple threads for each of your items, that means you are pushing other threads down for each one you post. This also applies when you are bumping each one of your threads.

Also as a reminder, do not reply in threads if you have no interest in the item in question or have nothing useful to add and keep your bumps to a minimum.

Please show courtesy to the marketplace and those who use it.

Thank you.

benyl
03-21-2007, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz

Also as a reminder, do not reply in threads if you have no interest in the item in question or have nothing useful to add and keep your bumps to a minimum.

These are examples of useless bumps:

BUMP for a great Super Moderator!

woah, this item is sweet! Bump for a cool item!

I know D'z Nutz and he is a good guy. Bump for an awesome seller!!

I have bought from D'z Nutz before. Great guy. Good luck with the sale.

etc...

Nobody cares. We have trader ratings for you to tell us what a great guy is. Stop bumping shit you aren't going to buy.

EK 2.0
03-21-2007, 02:35 PM
Consider this the warning...and excessive bumping, and thread whoring will result in bannings.

D'z Nutz
03-21-2007, 02:36 PM
Thanks benyl. I love you too :love:

I think we should just ban all non-OP bumps completely...

QuasarCav
03-21-2007, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by benyl

These are examples of useless bumps:

BUMP for a great Super Moderator!

woah, this item is sweet! Bump for a cool item!

I know D'z Nutz and he is a good guy. Bump for an awesome seller!!

I have bought from D'z Nutz before. Great guy. Good luck with the sale.

etc...

Nobody cares. We have trader ratings for you to tell us what a great guy is. Stop bumping shit you aren't going to buy.

Sweet car, I'd buy it if I had the cash.

Nice car man! Maybe if my car sells I'll pick this one up.

D'z Nutz
03-21-2007, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Consider this the warning...and excessive bumping, and thread whoring will result in bannings.

You mean consider it a reminder; we've already started banning people!

Originally posted by QuasarCav

Sweet car, I'd buy it if I had the cash.

Nice car man! Maybe if my car sells I'll pick this one up.

More good examples!

BerserkerCatSplat
03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
Shit, does this mean I'll get banned if I go bump that "FS: Mounted Muskox Head" again? :rofl:

chachi
05-21-2007, 01:04 AM
The marketplace is a mess. I suggest an intelligent approach, rather than iron fisting everyone. And if you'd like an example of an intelligent approach, here you are:

Break the marketplace into two groups: Selling and Trading/Looking For. The Selling category would have separate sections for each car maker, so it won't be a jumbled mess. If you want a Honda, go to Honda selling section, or if you want a BMW, go to the BMW selling section. However, I would recommend leaving the Trading/Looking For section open, as it will be less populated and more manageable, and easier for members to communicate their needs/wants across an open board.

sneek
05-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by chachi
The marketplace is a mess. I suggest an intelligent approach, rather than iron fisting everyone. And if you'd like an example of an intelligent approach, here you are:

Break the marketplace into two groups: Selling and Trading/Looking For. The Selling category would have separate sections for each car maker, so it won't be a jumbled mess. If you want a Honda, go to Honda selling section, or if you want a BMW, go to the BMW selling section. However, I would recommend leaving the Trading/Looking For section open, as it will be less populated and more manageable, and easier for members to communicate their needs/wants across an open board.

thats a neat concept. I like it!

tsuga
05-21-2007, 01:31 AM
^^ did oh

ricefarmer
05-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Yes! Great Idea, lets make 500,000 separate sections in the marketplace.

Originally posted by sneek

thats a neat concept. I like it!

Originally posted by tsuga
^^ did oh

yes, 100% agree........................................................................................................NOT

that was a fucking retarded idea/

mo_money2supe
05-21-2007, 02:10 AM
^^ I somewhat agree with you, but...mostly I don't simply because your ignorant post does nothing to improve upon the idea. :rolleyes:

I do agree that Beyond doesn't need anymore sub-sections, but seeing how I recently bought a vehicle through Beyond, having some organization within the vehicles marketplace section would have made my searches a whole lot easier; and thus, I 100% agree with Chachi's idea/concept.

chachi
05-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by ricefarmer

Since where are there 500,000 different car manufacturers? Let me do a quick check on autotrader to see how many they have listed... about 100, a good portion of which are rare brands, like AMC, Merkur, Sabra, Shelby, etc. You could also split it into Domestic and Import categories, and within those the specific car brand sections. My idea was intended to be a suggestion, an outline at best. If you've got a better one, then lets hear it.

rayquan
09-26-2007, 10:31 AM
I like the combining idea, but should there be a way to change the subjust title (shown on the list of the section; changes only shown inside when you are viewing the post instead) to reflect some "new" item(s) just combined with the old one(s)? Just my 2 cents. Thanks.

ninjak84
10-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Anyone who buys items worth more than $100-200 over beyond is fucked in the head.

tell me whats the worst that can happen to a repaired car and prove it by an example :rolleyes:

haha Someone buy a car off this guy, so we can have our weekly "i BoUgHt DiS sHiT oFf HiM aNd ItS bRoKeN" thread :rofl: Then all the retards can collect and threaten the infamous "BEYOND BEATDOWN" :rofl: :rofl:

Most people who get screwed in the marketplace deserve it. Especially you guys who buy engines & expensive electronics out the back of some guys' pickup truck in the dark.

j3rry
10-27-2008, 11:18 PM
in the Fashion marketplace..
can we make a rule to state the Size of an item in the thread topic?

it would save alot of effort.

krazykhoja
10-28-2008, 12:02 AM
Possibly a separate section for Tickets in the Marketplace...

There are quite a few WTB ads also...and if all tickets were in on separate section it might help cut down on the number of threads as this way people can see all tickets for sale in one place (I recently sold a couple sets of tickets but I know that if I was looking for some it would be easier if they were all in one section).

finboy
10-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by ricefarmer

take note, if you want to see a n00b, read the post above

everyone knows that 95% of beyond consists of hondas, rhd heaps, and bmw's :rofl: