PDA

View Full Version : Milk question

hampstor
03-21-2007, 11:51 PM
This isn't the best way to start a thread: I am not racist towards east-indian people, I just merely have a question that's been nagging me.

So my wife and I visit superstore weekly, and always notice east-indian families with shopping carts full of milk - and always 1% too. Some familes i have 4+ CRATES full of milk (thats 4 jugs in a crate..).

I'm just wonder what is all this milk used for... it's been nagging at me for a while and google did not answer my question.

No BS responses please, just want a clear answer from those that know :D

im2fst4u
03-21-2007, 11:58 PM
Not that this is what is happening, but I have seen people before in Superstore and Costco that buy large quantities for their own store. They may have ran out of milk etc and needed a quick refill prior to their delivery?

Just a thought......

nismodrifter
03-22-2007, 12:05 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!! This HAS been posted about before on Beyond lol. You're not the only Beyonder who has observed this mysterious phenomenon.

I dunno, we just drink tons of it. Glass before bed always. I drink milk like 10x a day when I'm at home. EI EI UH OH.

Not sure about why 1% though, 2% ftw.

Also, milk is used to make homemade yogurts (to eat with naan/roti) and also dairy dishes like rice pudding (kheer).

The store explanation makes sense too.

Any other EI's care to comment haha.

nismodrifter
03-22-2007, 12:16 AM
From the "Can you drink 4L of milk in an hour" thread

Originally posted by tsiawdturbo
MAN I'M BROWN..........LOL...........OBVOIUSLY WE DRINK ALOT OF MILK AND A HOUR IS NOTHING.........THATS WHY WE CLEAR OUT SUPERSTORE................HAHAHAHA

Originally posted by rage2

:rofl:

That's hilarious, I always see brown families clear out superstore milk sections lol. I always thought it was for cooking curry, didn't think u guys drank that much milk!

:rofl: :rofl:

BlackArcher101
03-22-2007, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by nismodrifter
2% ftw

um, removed? :drama:

TimG
03-22-2007, 07:53 AM
reversing mod ownage :p

nismodrifter
03-22-2007, 09:25 AM
heheh. Editing quotes to twist words/attempt pwnage will just get you pwnt in return lol. ;). Funny part is that you quoted it and thought it was set in stone...modedit FTW lol.

No more 3am posting for me haha. Nice catch.

benyl
03-22-2007, 09:29 AM
milk makes me fart... that is all I know.

jdmakkord
03-22-2007, 09:33 AM
LOL!!!!!!!!! This HAS been posted about before on Beyond lol. You're not the only Beyonder who has observed this mysterious phenomenon.

I dunno, we just drink tons of it. Glass before bed always. I drink milk like 10x a day when I'm at home. EI EI UH OH.

Not sure about why 1% though, 2% ftw.

Also, milk is used to make homemade yogurts (to eat with naan/roti) and also dairy dishes like rice pudding (kheer).

The store explanation makes sense too.

Any other EI's care to comment haha.

:werd: As a family of 3, we go through 4-5 4L jugs in a week.

TimG
03-22-2007, 10:05 AM
Nismo: shouldn't you be studying or something? :poosie:

dharminder
03-22-2007, 10:11 AM
I know that some just buy it for there store.
They do alot of cooking with it, i know there is a dish they make there own cheese for(pan-eer) spelling is off. Other then that I know they drink alot of tea through out the day.

canadiandaytona
03-22-2007, 10:25 AM
Also Sometimes theres 15+ shoved in a House..thats alot of milk

jdmakkord
03-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by canadiandaytona
Also Sometimes theres 15+ shoved in a House..thats alot of milk

Come on man, this isn't surrey is it?:rofl:

QuasarCav
03-22-2007, 10:28 AM
I've seen family of mexicans clear out all of the brown bread at Superstore. There had to be 100 loaves in the cart.

abyss
03-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by benyl
milk makes me fart... that is all I know.

haha that's the AZN side of you. The majority of Asians are lactose intolerant in varying degrees. You're lucky it only makes you fart, it's a lot worse for Minh's sister!

:rofl: :rofl: at this whole thread. I'm glad he asked cause we're always wondering WTF is going on when we go to get milk and there's like 10 people clearing it out.

MtYurmom
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

I prefer homo, both milk and men. :love: :love: :love: :love:

nismo, i'd watch my ass if i were u..

TimG
03-22-2007, 02:49 PM
speaking of milk.

in ontario i could buy bags of milk. I haven't seen any bags in Vancouver or Calgary - only cartons and jugs. what's up with that?

Canmorite
03-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I remember seeing bags of milk when I lived in BC. Seems dumb though...

dj_rice
03-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Dont Ei's make some kinda drink thats pink with milk in it and a lil sweet?Thats my guess

Xtrema
03-22-2007, 05:00 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_cow

The milk of a cow is believed to promote Sattvic (purifying) qualities. The ghee (clarified butter) from the milk of a cow is used in ceremonies and in preparing religious food. Cow dung is used as fertilizer, as a fuel and as a disinfectant in homes. Modern science acknowledges that the smoke from cow dung is a powerful disinfectant and an anti-pollutant. Its urine is also used for religious rituals as well as medicinal purposes. The supreme purificatory material, panchagavya, was a mixture of five products of the cow, namely milk, curds, ghee, urine and dung. The interdiction of the meat of the bounteous cow as food was regarded as the first step to total vegetarianism

Milk, EI's holy water?:dunno:

BlackArcher101
03-23-2007, 11:31 PM
heheh. Editing quotes to twist words/attempt pwnage will just get you pwnt in return lol. ;). Funny part is that you quoted it and thought it was set in stone...modedit FTW lol.

No more 3am posting for me haha. Nice catch.

Ouch! Serves me right for doing that to a mod :banghead:
Next time... look at user title before posting. :drama:

Vagabond142
03-24-2007, 01:07 AM
I bet half the milk in the city is consumed by my roomate o_O that guy drinks 2 4L jugs of milk... per DAY o_O

ronaldo
03-24-2007, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by im2fst4u
Not that this is what is happening, but I have seen people before in Superstore and Costco that buy large quantities for their own store. They may have ran out of milk etc and needed a quick refill prior to their delivery?

Just a thought......

Thats what we do at my store, often run out of milk before the next order so we just stock up from superstore or costco. its cheaper too.

szw
03-24-2007, 02:57 AM
Originally posted by TimG
speaking of milk.

in ontario i could buy bags of milk. I haven't seen any bags in Vancouver or Calgary - only cartons and jugs. what's up with that?

We used to have bags a long time ago. I always hated them for some unknown reason.

asifka
03-24-2007, 09:40 AM
most E-Is drink alot of tea(4-5 cups/day) & our tea is 1/3 milk. thats on top of everything nismo said :D

three33
03-24-2007, 10:04 AM
That's tons of milk, holy, me and my gf go through about one 2L carton a week and we usually then have to pour some down the drain cause of the expiry date.

Kritafo
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Bags of milk was th only way we bought milk in Ontario. They sold that stupid container to put it in....my cheap parents would freeze the unopened bags of milk until we used them. One things I can say about the bags are, they seem fresher.

You never get scanky milk flakes from the screw on lids

Deibs
03-24-2007, 10:15 AM
Off topic but the milk conversation reminded me of this episode.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ciOdVxPd6FY

nismodrifter
03-24-2007, 11:23 AM
We used to get bagged milk back in the day, I remember we had a milk delivery truck come to our house. Do they still have milk delivery??

brownchild
03-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Lots of milk drinking for the kids especially, homemade yogurts, homemade butters, and how could u forget CHAI, lots of CHAI for the adults.

brownchild
03-24-2007, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Dont Ei's make some kinda drink thats pink with milk in it and a lil sweet?Thats my guess

MMM Roohafza (sp?).

Nav13
03-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Another thing to consider is that at Sikh Temples a communal lunch is served every Sunday and as its been mentioned beofer in this thread some things require alot of milk. Anyways all the supplies is either bought by cash donations or people donate actual ingredients, so maybe sometime when you see people picking up crates, they are buying it to donate it to the temple. Just a thought.

md14
03-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Actually at the temple theres a communal lunch/dinner served everyday,

Also.. Common anybody remeber the jingle...?

"Anything goes..... With Milk"

Kritafo
03-24-2007, 03:51 PM
You can still get milk delivery. We had a weekly standing order, with Beatrice. You can get yogurt, cheese, milk products and juices. It's awesome. You can change your standing order as well. It was fabulous when the kids were really little. Our delivery 5:30 am on Monday's.

Mpio
03-24-2007, 08:16 PM
Here.

Watch this, but watch it right to the very end.....LOL

http://www.tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=cHJmw2H55bsEvjfe

Of course this is just meant as Humour and nothing more.

dj_rice
03-24-2007, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Mpio
Here.

Watch this, but watch it right to the very end.....LOL

http://www.tv.com/uservideos/?action=video_player&id=cHJmw2H55bsEvjfe

Of course this is just meant as Humour and nothing more.

So this is related to the EI question how....?I know your from Edmonton and all but I didnt think your that stupid

Nav13
03-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by md14
Actually at the temple theres a communal lunch/dinner served everyday,

ah yea woops what was i thinking, thanks for correcting me.

Mpio
03-25-2007, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

So this is related to the EI question how....?I know your from Edmonton and all but I didnt think your that stupid

It's actually spelled (you're) and was meant to be light hearted and provide anyone wishing to view it with some humour.

As for why EI's drink or buy alot of Milk, an obvious and logical answer is because they can.

doublepostwhore
03-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Cant forget about sweet meat's.

Our family buys 3, 4L jug's of 2%; and 2, 4L jug's of Skim.

Most of the time we go shoping on saturday's and the milk is gone by thrusday.

Skim for Chai, and 2% for drinking normal, always 1 glass in the morning, and 1 before bed. and Intermitently through out the day.

teggypimp95
03-26-2007, 09:20 AM
when i use to work at co-op there was some east indian people who always bough like 20 jugs of milk and i could never figure it out. So i asked them one day and they said they hold lots of milk partys.......:dunno:

dj_rice
03-26-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
So i asked them one day and they said they hold lots of milk partys.......:dunno:

:poosie: :poosie: :poosie:

alloroc
03-26-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
when i use to work at co-op there was some east indian people who always bough like 20 jugs of milk and i could never figure it out. So i asked them one day and they said they hold lots of milk partys.......:dunno:

:rofl: :rofl:

So I googled milk party. ...

http://cover6.cduniverse.com/MuzeVideoArt/12/195212.jpg

Kitty Media presents this DVD double feature that packs two titillating hentai episodes onto one disc. In the first, MIDNIGHT MILK PARTY, a buxom but studious young college student, determined to sow her oats before graduation, indulges in a wild night of passion, all recorded on video. However, when the other males at school see the video, their desire leads them to blackmail her for a taste of what they saw. A TAIL OF TWO SISTERS finds two nubile young sisters who attend the same college having boy trouble. One is not satisfied with her lover while the other cannot keep up with hers, leading the two to come up with a creative solution to their troubles.