PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Detail

MarkFJ40
03-22-2007, 05:14 PM
This just is stupid.
My girlfriend bought a Trailblazer. It was dirty. I told her to take it in and get it detailed instead of wasting a bunch of time cleaning it herself.
She took it to Doctor Detail on Southport Road because it was close to her work. They told her $150. When we went to pick it up on Saturday they wanted $175. She said no... it was $150. Then we found out the floor mats were not clean. They said come back in an hour and they would finish them. She gave them a post dated check for Tuesday because the mats were still not clean and we were supposed to come back on Monday.
Monday she called down and complained about a bunch of stuff that was missed.
They did not vaccuum under the back seats or steam clean.
They did not clean the cup holders.
They did not clean the faces of the console or the doors.
And the truck smells funny.
No problem... bring it down and we will fix it is what he said when she called.
Then the run around started. Monday she goes down and they start with the crap.
He said they spent enough time cleaning this truck. Asked her if she could not afford to pay. Said if she wanted a truck that didn't smell she should have bought a new one. She got mad and said whatever. Give me my floor mats and I will leave. He says no.........
Now he won't give them back and he cashed her cheque. He told her to come back next tuesday after the cheque clears and he will 'look' for them.
I am pissed off now. I don't really think there is anything we can do.
In the old days I would have brought a few buddies down and burned the place down.
Anybody got anything good besides reporting him to the better business bureau?

Isaiah
03-22-2007, 05:33 PM
I've also had a bad experience there with a vehicle. Not as bad as what you are going through but I was very disappointed with the service and professionalism nonetheless.

The only thing I would suggest is go back next Tuesday and see what happens. I use a credit card for all my purchases and claim it back to the CC company when something like this happens.

marko polo
03-22-2007, 06:04 PM
wow is all i can say.legally he cant keep youre matts. theres no 2 ways about it. tell him give you the matts and u want a refund or youre calling the cops:thumbsup:

im pretty sure thats considered theft if he wont give it back

GTS Jeff
03-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Fuck, run to the bank NOOOWWW and get a stop payment on that cheque!!

GTS Jeff
03-22-2007, 07:22 PM
And fuck the BBB, just call the cops and get your mats back. Then once you get all your shit back, stopped the cheque, then you can stand at the door and gloat at them for being shitty and not getting a dime from you. You win.

marko polo
03-22-2007, 07:31 PM
u deserve a refund,it pretty much took them a week to clean a car which is bullshit. so either do what gts jeff said and stop the cheque or demand a refund. the circumstances are completely reasonable for one, it pretty much took them a week to clean a car which is bullshit.

maybe call "consumer watch" the tv show on cfcn or another consumer show and maybe you'll see them on tv gettting their shit bussines exposed for the garbage it is:thumbsup:

ninspeed
03-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by marko polo
wow is all i can say.legally he cant keep youre matts. theres no 2 ways about it.

Actually there is a posiblity he can. It all depends on what kind of paper work was signed at the time the truck was droped off and picked up. Its easy to put in a clause that a car car be held over a .01$ bill, so untill payment has been recived or an agrement has been made (IN WRITING, dated and signed by both partys with a witness). he can keep the floor mats, or even have a lean put on the truck.

marko polo
03-22-2007, 08:05 PM
my bad didnt see the part about check being post dated

sneek
03-22-2007, 08:25 PM
That sucks! Shitty places like that ruin it for the rest of the good detailers. I don't usually detail cars for money because detailing a car properly takes a lot of time. When you detail someones car you have to treat it like its your own. The fact that he said that they "already spent enough time" on it shows you what kind of shop it is. They don't make as much money if they spend over X amount of hours on a car, so the employees are told to stop even if the job isn't done. :whipped:

TDA
03-23-2007, 10:51 AM
Ok, its timely that I heard this, I was thinking about going with them since I work in the building....

MarkFJ40
03-23-2007, 03:49 PM
Cheque is cashed. Funds are gone from her account.
Cops are coming by. She is charging them with theft.
I am guessing after that happens she will never see the floor mats or her money again.

SilverGS
03-23-2007, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
And fuck the BBB, just call the cops and get your mats back. Then once you get all your shit back, stopped the cheque, then you can stand at the door and gloat at them for being shitty and not getting a dime from you. You win.

Agreed. The BBB does shit all for you

GTS Jeff
03-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by MarkFJ40
Cheque is cashed. Funds are gone from her account.
Cops are coming by. She is charging them with theft.
I am guessing after that happens she will never see the floor mats or her money again. Shit son, YOU LOSE! First off, the cops lay charges, not the complainant. So now you've got to convince the cops, and it's now your word against the shop's word. If the past couple days are any indication, it seems like the shop knows how to cover their ass better than you, so you'll likely lose the battle of trying to convince the cops too. Sorry nigga.

Chalk this up as a hard learned lesson. For future reference though: https://www.rbcroyalbank.com/onlinebanking/bankingusertips/accounts/stoppayment.html

Many banks can process online stop payment requests, so you probably should have done that ASAP.

MarkFJ40
03-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Shit son, YOU LOSE! First off, the cops lay charges, not the complainant. So now you've got to convince the cops, and it's now your word against the shop's word. If the past couple days are any indication, it seems like the shop knows how to cover their ass better than you, so you'll likely lose the battle of trying to convince the cops too. Sorry nigga.

:D :D :D
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
at least you gave me a laugh.
My girlfriends money. Not mine. I never would have used a cheque.

GTS Jeff
03-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by MarkFJ40

:D :D :D
AHHAHAHAHAHHAHA
at least you gave me a laugh.
My girlfriends money. Not mine. I never would have used a cheque. Yeah, Visa chargeback would be nice.

Nissanaddict
03-23-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll post this story on the staff classifieds at my work (Colt). Since a TON of people there I assume detail their cars there due to convenience...I'm sure it'll do something. Thanks for the tip.

FungusMonkey
03-23-2007, 06:52 PM
If this is the same Doctor Detail im thinking of, i have no idea how they can still be in business. I think there was one further up north, but he "moved" to a new location without telling anyone. Screwed my brother over for about 5 grand with a vehicle he had for sale, had a whole court case and everything about it. Be warned, im staying away from anywhere named doctor detail from now on.

RaptorGJC
03-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Shit son, YOU LOSE!

Hah hah that's a rough way of saying it. lol

marko polo
03-25-2007, 04:15 AM
well i guess youre gonna have to "detail" his shop (winkwink). also make sure to take all their mats :thumbsup:

MarkFJ40
03-27-2007, 01:49 PM
Well she at least got her mats back.
The cops had a chat with him.
:guns:
I hate shit like this.
:drama: