PDA

View Full Version : F1 - Specs CRAZY!

^SkylinE^
06-02-2003, 01:19 AM
I really wanna go and watch an F1 race some day might have to hit up a road trip. Just thought that some of this info was crazy.
Here ya go!

RS23Specifications

The Renault RS23 engine

Configuration

Naturally aspirated three-litre V10 engine
Wide v-angle
New design of engine cylinder block and heads providing better
integration with the chassis and increased overall stiffness
4 valves per cylinder

Performance

Engine speed in excess of 18000 RPM, providing a maximum power of more than 800 BHP.

RS23: Key Numbers

A modern F1 engine just doesn’t do compromises. On the contrary, it is a collection of small miracles, as the figures below demonstrate. Hold on!

The RS23…
Produces more than 250 bhp/litre;
Revs to over 18,000 rpm;
Sucks in over 600 litres of air per second at full speed;
Produces 160 decibels of noise at full speed, which is more than a Boeing 747 on takeoff;
Uses 75 litres of unleaded fuel per 100km;
Produces 150 sparks, and completes 300 piston cycles, in one second;
Accelerates the pistons at a force equivalent to 8,500G at maximum revs;
Operates at temperatures in excess of 110°C;
Generates surface temperatures close to 300°C;
Weighs just 90kg;
Includes 5,000 different components, of which 1,500 are moving parts;
Comprises 20 different metal alloys;
Demands 6 weeks to produce one crankshaft;
Requires 2 weeks to assemble;
Involves the collaboration of 150 suppliers.
:thumbsup:

redline_13000
06-02-2003, 01:26 AM
DELICIOUS :drool:

hjr
06-02-2003, 01:29 AM
and thats the Renault. What are the specs on the ferrari? (pretty close i bet, but it would still be interesting)

^SkylinE^
06-02-2003, 01:32 AM
Ill see if i can find them .....those dam cars look silly ripping around the track. It looks fake because there able to take corners at stupid speeds!!!

HOK
06-02-2003, 07:40 AM
90kgs.... man...

is there torque numbers?

redline
06-02-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by hjr
and thats the Renault. What are the specs on the ferrari? (pretty close i bet, but it would still be interesting)

Ferrari uses a 90 degree V vs. renault 111 degree
Ferrari revs in the 19000rpm range
Ferrari make about in the 920hp range

BMW uses 90 degree , 19000rpm , 930hp

Honda uses 90 degree, 19000rpm , 900hp

the HP fiqures are all guesses from the media.

EstoMax
06-02-2003, 08:09 AM
their engines are only built to last like 2 and a half hrs or however long the race is.. doubt i could have my engine revving up to 19k and last for more then a thousand miles, even if i modify it to do so

max

92 Teg-B18A
06-02-2003, 10:02 PM
the Renaults are thought to be far below that in engine power actually. What makes them able to keep up is their amazing chassis and aerodynamics.

What's cool is Mclaren has developed electromagnetic valves which are revving around 20,000 rpm I believe.

Doodle
06-02-2003, 10:06 PM
I have to have one, If I sawed off my arms and sold them, they'd grow back so I could sell them again, right?

THREE40SEVEN
06-02-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
DELICIOUS :drool:
I agreed... Want some Dijon mustard with that?

l/l/rX
06-02-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ^SkylinE^
I really wanna go and watch an F1 race some day might have to hit up a road trip. Just thought that some of this info was crazy.
Here ya go!

its expensive to go watch those things. a guy i work with he went down to montreal to watch some F1 racing, he either said tickets were $300 er $3000, for silver seats (middle section) hmm i got to ask him on the pricing again ahaha. but that package was a 3 day package.

some guy at the jag/subie dealership just got some tickets to go to montreal to watch F1 and he got PIT PASSES :drool: :eek: *UNATAINABLE* he got it for selling alot of cars i guess.

i'll get back on those prices. but in the mean while go watch some CART racing :D just as fun and CLOSER! van city :D

jdmakkord
06-02-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

its expensive to go watch those things. a guy i work with he went down to montreal to watch some F1 racing, he either said tickets were $300 er $3000, for silver seats (middle section) hmm i got to ask him on the pricing again ahaha. but that package was a 3 day package.

some guy at the jag/subie dealership just got some tickets to go to montreal to watch F1 and he got PIT PASSES :drool: :eek: *UNATAINABLE* he got it for selling alot of cars i guess.

i'll get back on those prices. but in the mean while go watch some CART racing :D just as fun and CLOSER! van city :D

Ummm its around 3XX a ticket, for the full event. I went last year and goddamn!!!! It was cool. Problem is, add that to your plane ticket out, and the inflated by 3x hotel rates, and it adds up to an expensive weekend. I spent close to 1400, and I didn't even buy any souveniers or much booze. Didn't go to the bars either. But I must say, Montreal is a fucking beautiful city, and even better when F1's around. The women........:drool:

sillyd
06-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Doodle
I have to have one, If I sawed off my arms and sold them, they'd grow back so I could sell them again, right?

It seemed like a good idea, but i sure hope you're right. There's blood everywhere, and now i have no way to pick up the tickets...

quickshifter
06-03-2003, 11:49 AM
Formula 1 this season is much more interesting than last years for sure. I heard that the new Mclaren will be a shorter chassis and lighter on weight, we'll see how it does on the 15th in Montreal. I also saw a show that stated that some F1 cars will be selling new engines to the competition as for example they said that the Williams engine would go for $10 Million while the Ferrari is at $25 Million per engine, did anyone else see this or hear about it?

As for the price for formula 1 vs Cart, Cart is way more affordable, we go to the Molson Indy every year, and for the 3day event it only costs us $250.00Cdn each, for that price in F1 you could buy a Williams jacket.

MrX
06-03-2003, 05:46 PM
After experiencing both Cart and F1 races, I can honestly say that there is no comparison in the atmosphere you experience between the two.

MrX
06-03-2003, 05:47 PM

92 Teg-B18A
06-03-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by quickshifter
Formula 1 this season is much more interesting than last years for sure. I heard that the new Mclaren will be a shorter chassis and lighter on weight, we'll see how it does on the 15th in Montreal. I also saw a show that stated that some F1 cars will be selling new engines to the competition as for example they said that the Williams engine would go for $10 Million while the Ferrari is at $25 Million per engine, did anyone else see this or hear about it?

The MP4-18 isn't going to make it to the Canadian Grand Prix, it'll probably show up at the European Grand Prix on June 29th.

I did hear something about Eccelstone wanting BMW to sell customer engines err something like that. But this is about when "silly season" starts in F1 with all the rumors etc. So who knows if it's true or not. Ferrari has been selling their previous year engines to Sauber for a couple of years now though, so you are right on that one. Can't remember the price, it's somewhere around 20 million I think :dunno:

^SkylinE^
06-04-2003, 12:08 AM
MRX you were just at the F1'S Tight man!!!!!!!

MrX
06-04-2003, 07:11 AM
Nah...that was last year. I was in Monaco during that time last year so I went to the races! Start/finish line was right behind me, pits to the right:thumbsup: