PDA

View Full Version : Did I fry my DVD player?

visualk
03-23-2007, 09:04 AM
Allright so i bought a new in dash dvd player and when I was wiring it up I incorrectly connected the ACC, Ground, and power and I connected it all, but then i smelt something from the unit and so i disconnected it all and discovered what the problem was. I rewired it correctly and now when I hook it up, everything works except there is no sound comming from the unit. I think I may have blown the internal amp in the in dash dvd unit, not entirely sure.

I then hooked up my old deck and all is working fine, I can hear sound from all speakers. So I know that I must have done something in my new in dash dvd unit. THe thing is would this be a costly repair? Does anybody know anyone that could fix this?

I also thought that instead i could wire up an external amplifer to the unit and hear sound that way- any thoughts or suggestions?

im2fst4u
03-23-2007, 09:08 AM
Can you tell me the brand and model number? You can try the low level outputs to see if they are working, chances are they will be.

:thumbsup:

Crymson
03-23-2007, 09:10 AM
You should check to see if the pre-outs are still working by hauling out some old home stereo and testing the RCA out's.

If that's the case, you're in luck!

E46..sTyLez
03-23-2007, 09:11 AM
Are you sure the in dash DVD player has an internal amp? A lot of them don't...

teggypimp95
03-23-2007, 09:12 AM
Any internal fuses inside that could of just blown?

im2fst4u
03-23-2007, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Any internal fuses inside that could of just blown?

Not for the output, perhaps a main power fuse but unlikely.

visualk
03-23-2007, 09:40 AM
Well its a Jensen VM9511TS...everything else fuctions with it and I jsut got thinking that I may have blown or fried something in the unit. Since the sound isnt working at all I assumed the internal amp in the deck must have blown or could it be something else?

visualk
03-23-2007, 09:41 AM
when u say hook up the pre-outs, how could I do this...i figure i would just get a external amp and hook up the speakers to see if I could get sound through that.