PDA

View Full Version : Mines Skyline GTR getting destroyed by JGTC NSX

Cody D
03-23-2007, 07:01 PM
I like how the Skyline flys past the JGTC 911, then the F40, then out of nowhere the NSX just flys by the Skyline.

Click Here (http://videos.streetfire.net/video/55759C80-F22E-4496-8DD8-FFCABFECCC4A.htm)

BTW, the driver of the Skyline is Motoharu Kurosawa.

I just wish that my NSX had more than name in common with that car, haha.

GenerationX
03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Haha skyline got owned.

Synne
03-23-2007, 08:27 PM
How about becuz the Arta NSX is a beast of a GT race car...whereas the Mine's GT-R is a daily driver GT-R.

That's no surprise...you see that F3000...that thing was gone from the start.

The variation in that race is huge.

Chopstix
03-23-2007, 08:47 PM
^^^^ Owns a skyline his feelings are hurt....

Cy2k1
03-24-2007, 04:07 AM
OH DAMN! Throw a red shell!!! loool prob could get outlapped given more time! :thumbsup:

Synne
03-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Chopstix
^^^^ Owns a skyline his feelings are hurt....

Go to youtube and type in "GT-R" and "NSX"...

...that's how hurt my feelings are.

Instead maybe I'll create a thread saying "NSX IS OWNED BY GT-R!" ...and post some random video.

...my feelings are far from hurt...it's just annoying having every other JDM tuner car owner set out to bash GT-R's...

...I'm all for NSX's, 180sx's, Fairlady's, GTO's, Silvia's...hell you name it I love it.

I don't set out to bash them though becuz I see a thread that shows an increadibly fast Mine's GT-R...so I have to post up a race of the Mine GT-R losing to MY Japanese Car!

...and as I said...that's a very very biased race...I'm surprised Mine's even kept up and even passed some of those cars...becuz it was the only Street legal car in the battle.

Cody D
03-24-2007, 10:38 PM
Calm down, and enjoy the video. Two modified cars racing says nothing about their stock counterparts.

TNation
03-24-2007, 11:35 PM
http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/14/911a5d58-61c1-470d-b5ce-98ed0125f50f.htm

Synne
03-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Cody D
Calm down, and enjoy the video. Two modified cars racing says nothing about their stock counterparts.

No?

Arta NSX versus Mine's GT-R.

GT Race Car versus Street Legal Race Car.

Google some info on both cars.

iceburns288
03-25-2007, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Synne
No?

Considering the ARTA NSX cost more than a half million USD to build, and the Mine's Skyline probably has 100kUS into it, I don't see how it has anything to do with what a stock NSX and Skyline can do. I can dump 20k into my car and it'll be faster than a Ferrari, but that doesn't mean anything, really.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 09:34 AM
The mines GTR seemed.....toned down in that video compared to http://youtube.com/watch?v=CX81OkZuEiM

and ya...those two cars are in a completely different class. Its like racing a ferarri sponsored F1 car against a souped up 360

ZMan2k2
03-25-2007, 09:36 AM
Did anyone else know where the braking and acceleration zones were on that track from racing it in video games so often! Or am I the only one.:D

Cody D
03-25-2007, 05:38 PM

No?

Thanks, I know about both cars, and I still say that two heavily modified cars racing does not reflect on their stock counterparts.

Their current R34 Demo car is powered by the MINE'S Stage-II RB26DETT engine. It is based on the OEM Nissan RB26 N1 block, but it is further strengthened and balanced. The cylinderhead is modified to flow the air, fuel, and exhaust more efficiently. Moving parts were lightened where they could be, and rotating parts were balanced. MINE'S also makes a Stage-I package, it is similar to the Stage-II but it does not have the extensive cylinderhead modifications. On the R34 N1 demo car, the engine is equipped with two HKS GT2530 turbochargers. In some cases they demonstrate the car at 640ps (this is the highest level of power the GT2530 turbochargers can support).

A 590hp R34 with modified internals, upgraded turbo's, and light wieght body panels does not equal a stock R34.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Theyre two different classes of car. And youre dumb

also. that skyline is "lightly" modified....i bet theres half a million into that nsx...

Cody D
03-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by ca18det240sx
Theyre two different classes of car. And youre dumb

also. that skyline is "lightly" modified....i bet theres half a million into that nsx...

Haha, great argument "you're dumb". I never said they weren't two different classes of cars, I said the Arta JGTC NSX destroyed the Mines Skyline, which it did.

A fully built engine, upgraded turbo's, modified ECU, modified interior does not equal "lightly modified".

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Compared to what is most likely done to the nsx thats ...nothing.

and yah..saying that the skyline got owned...youre dumb..i stand by my argument. what kind of loser would post a video of a fairly fast car, being taken out by a wayyyyyy higher class car and go" it got owned"

get a life

msommers
03-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Anyone want with a lightly modified GTR want to race me against my van? Same class...both street legal:rofl:

A ride/driving in that NSX would simply be unreal.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 06:00 PM
See...the way i see it, its like having a turbo civic or something driving...and having a porche 911 pass it, and then gloat about "haha that civic got owned" well no shit sherloc.....theyre two completely different level of car.

its just a thread to piss off skyline owners/ general nissan owners

msommers
03-25-2007, 06:05 PM
I'm not so sure if that was the intention (if it was that's f*ckin gay). I thought that the GTR was cruisin pretty good, beatin' the other cars no problem then bah bam that NSX comes out of no where, just a funny scenario I suppose.

Besides Ca18, once a car gets a certain "prestige" about it, everyone tries to knock it down, that's just life. Too bad there arn't many production cars that can do 600+hp on stock internals:D

962 kid
03-25-2007, 06:06 PM
its just a thread to piss off skyline owners/ general nissan owners

No, it's a thread with a good video that has inadvertently turned you into a total bitch. NSX destroyed the skyline, just like the thread title states. That seem like it will piss you off? Don't open the thread, you big ass baby

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 06:07 PM
Not being a baby..i just thing the title is stupid.

it seems like a gloat to me. Settle down DSM boy.

962 kid
03-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I just wish that my NSX had more than name in common with that car, haha.

Yeah, definitely seems that he's gloating about how shitty skylines are compared to NSXs eh? What's wrong with the thread title anyways? Would you prefer "Glorious Mines skyline destroys F40 and JGTC GT3"? Or would that just be showing off to the F40 and GT3 owners :rolleyes:

Cody D
03-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
No, it's a thread with a good video that has inadvertently turned you into a total bitch.

Exactly, I just thought it was a good video.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 06:25 PM
Fair enough.

msommers
03-25-2007, 06:27 PM
You guys are such drama queens it makes me laugh.

Ca18 I don't think is complaining that the skyline got beat, everyone point and laugh. A matter of "fairness" seems better suited for comparison I think.

"Michael Schumacher in his Ferrari sponsored F1 blows by Enzo!!" Yeah it's the truth but isn't exactly the same class of car.

Both are fast, both are sweet just different classes of racing. Comparing an apple to a coconut doesn't make sense now does it.

Cody D
03-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Also I just copied the thread title from the other forum that I got the video from, haha.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 06:31 PM
yah, thats what i was getting at, two different classes...i wouldnt call it being owned..not fairly anyways...but...you are right, its just a video...i read your intentions wrong.

spec c
03-25-2007, 06:35 PM
and just so you guys know, the way mines builds their cars is set so that the customer can still tune them. they're very lightly tuned. put a video of a nismo/xanavi skyline against the arta nsx and then tell me who owns who.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 06:36 PM
thank you spec c. hehe like i said..the mines is LIGHTLY tuned.

Team_Mclaren
03-25-2007, 06:38 PM
not to mention the GT-3 and F40 are limited to 300hp.. while the NSX is 500hp and GTR has 590hp like ^^ stated. Its just a cool video thats all, lets just leave it at that.

euro_racer
03-25-2007, 06:39 PM
hooooly some of you guys need to calm down :whocares:

but just to add fuel to the fire....IMO i still like an nsx over a skyline no matter which is faster, just because of the :bigpimp: factor :D

jdm_eg6
03-25-2007, 06:41 PM
i say nice driving, too bad it couldnt keep up with the heavilly modified NSX. sounds nice though!:thumbsup:

962 kid
03-25-2007, 06:44 PM
thank you spec c. hehe like i said..the mines is LIGHTLY tuned.

eh idunno... it passed that F40 like it was nothing. I doubt the NSX is any faster in a straight line, but having full slicks vs whatever is on the skyline is a night and day difference.

jdm_eg6
03-25-2007, 06:47 PM
^ Spec C is right the MINES skyline isnt verry highly tuned, they dont want somone to buy somthing they dont understand. Meaning they dont want the buyer to open the hood to a glossy engine covered in 30,000 worth of parts and have a huge questionmark over their head. They even come with stock intakes!!! haha. research MINES work and you'll find out.

962 kid
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
I'm familiar with their work, I don't know why you think it's lightly tuned. The dude can obviously drive which means he more likely than not knows his way around the rest of the car, ie he would be comfortable with whatever mods they put on it. Again, you don't blow by a JGTC GT3 and F40 with a lightly modded R34.

Cody D
03-25-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm pretty sure that's Mines Demo car, not just some customers car, Kurosawa usually drives Mines demo car which has 590hp.

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 08:01 PM
590 hp is mildly tuned for a rb26

ive seen some make 1600hp...mind you they are drag cars, but you get the idea.

a stock bottom end will handle over 600 hp....thats a feat in itself.

962 kid
03-25-2007, 08:22 PM
590 hp is mildly tuned for a rb26

ive seen some make 1600hp...mind you they are drag cars, but you get the idea.

a stock bottom end will handle over 600 hp....thats a feat in itself.

well aware of these facts... but the MINEs R34 is quite heavily modified, just not for drag duty. The demo car they have can make ~640hp, has forged + balanced internals, twin HKS GT turbos, modified head, etc etc etc. Hardly mild modifications

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 08:26 PM
Most of those modifications are for reliability purposes. Not that the stock bottom end isnt reliable enough...but in their mines im sure it was a case of " why take a chance"

It didnt need that internal work to do what its doing.

the turbos were necissary, as was the head work....

but in our minds thats heavily modified. But in the end, the nsx has seen farrrr more upgrades than that.

962 kid
03-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Most of those modifications were to showcase MINEs products and to improve the response of the engine. Also, slicks, RWD, downforce and less weight were the only real advantages the NSX had over the R34, has nothing to do with hp

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 08:36 PM
This is true...but to be that fast, im sure its equipped with a sequential transmission, high comp pistons/forged with turbos, axles, cams, head work, boring out, bla bla bla bla.

and you are correct about mines showcasing their products.

ive never researched this particular nsx, im just taking a shot in the dark as to what kind of modifications to the engine in the nsx would need to be done to achieve the horsepower it would have in that race.

962 kid
03-25-2007, 08:43 PM
that NSX makes 480hp without FI (GT500 cars are restricted to 500hp max), and the MINEs skyline has pretty much everything you listed except the sequential ;) From what I saw in the video, the NSX is no faster than the skyline in the straights

ca18det240sx
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
interesting.

the nsx is not fuel injected?

interesting. The skyline didnt need it tho, they just did it..most of it anyways.

the nsx WOULD need that to boost its power, as its fairly anemic stock IMO

Cody D
03-25-2007, 09:03 PM
the nsx is not fuel injected?

"FI" can mean forced induction as well as fuel injected

962 kid
03-25-2007, 09:12 PM
the nsx WOULD need that to boost its power, as its fairly anemic stock IMO

so is the R34 ;)

stevo 27
03-25-2007, 09:16 PM
i dont see why this turned into a dick measuring constest
and lets see who can sound smarter holyshit its a vid
of a skyline being owned by an nsx NO BASHING
just what happend be no diffrent if it were a paseo owning a civic

everyone just chill out :thumbsup: :drama:

h_s
03-28-2007, 12:07 AM
holy crap, stop bitching guys, so the skyline got destroyed, being a street legal car doesnt matter, it was in the same race so all that hp and money spent is all thrown out the window

that was my unbiased opinion

haha nissan got owned, what else is new

streetarab
03-28-2007, 07:28 AM
not to add to the pissin contest, but it was a streetcar vs. a full on race car, yea the nissan is fast but against a jgtc car it just doesnt stand a chance

DepTrotter
03-28-2007, 08:20 AM
good video

Synne
03-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Nissan got owned...what else is new??

Er...ok.

To go way back to the beginning.

This was a "talk trash" thread created becuz of the other thread showcasing the power the Mine's GT-R has...

...that an an NSX owner who wanted to have a bigger penis.

...that's what the car world essentially comes down to though.

h_s
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
to realy go way back to the beginning

the argument started because the skyline gt-r owning newbie fanboy couldnt accept the fact that the nissan lost against the honda..

and the same guy put up a bunch of excuses about how the skyline is street legal and lightly tuned and what not but never questioning why the fuck the "street legal" gtr was even on the same track that day

Synne
03-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Was on the same track becuz it's such a fast car that it can nerely compete with full blown GT cars...which really says something to any car owner...not just...

..."gt-r owning newbie fanboys"

I dig the NSX to death...but this was a penis ratification thread to begin with.

SpeedyZ
03-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by h_s
holy crap, stop bitching guys, so the skyline got destroyed, being a street legal car doesnt matter, it was in the same race so all that hp and money spent is all thrown out the window

that was my unbiased opinion

haha nissan got owned, what else is new

you, unbiased? hahahahahhaha

the f3000 destroyed everything yet nobody is talking about that, seems like a track day that mines set up just to see what the Skyline could do, not to show that the Skyline is king of cars

arian_ma
03-28-2007, 03:47 PM
That was an awesome video
That NSX was flying!

h_s
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
skylines are overrated pieces of crap

lhd ftw

msommers
03-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by h_s
skylines are overrated pieces of crap

lhd ftw

You are a complete moron. How does the side you drive on dictate a car's capability?

h_s
03-28-2007, 11:09 PM
lhd ftw was a seperate statement and completely irrelevant, sorry for the mix up

but seriously, skylines suck, 15-18000 for a straight 6 tt 20y/o car is absolutely outrageous, if it werent for movies like tokyo drift, then they wouldnt sell at all, because of ricer "fanboys" is the only reason that these cars are popular.

stevo 27
03-28-2007, 11:24 PM
how can it be a dick measuring contest when everyone
is whinning and bitching like 12 yearold pre pubesant girls

msommers
03-28-2007, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by h_s
lhd ftw was a seperate statement and completely irrelevant, sorry for the mix up

but seriously, skylines suck, 15-18000 for a straight 6 tt 20y/o car is absolutely outrageous, if it were not for movies like tokyo drift, then they wouldnt sell at all, because of ricer "fanboys" is the only reason that these cars are popular.

The popularity of the FnF movies has skyrocketed "car tuning". Whether that's performance driven or for visual appeal is strictly up for debate. All the while being tasteful....yes the ratio is terrible and ricers are found with almost all automakers.

The first people I know who imported GTRs are anything but ricers and fans of the car and it's potential. Being able to get ahold of the car finally was a goal they had to complete. Sure lots of ricers bought the car because of the movie but those that knew about the car before, during and after the FnF movies were after performance, it's developed a reputation for a reason.

Telling the first R32 GTR owners that the car is overrated and sucks is very ignorant. In comparison, strictly pure performance wise, this car used to and still does rival many, many sports cars. That's not to say this car will beat everything and is God's gift to the auto enthusiast, but I think you know what I mean.

Sure it doesn't have the Porsche logo on it but the GTR can beat a lot of models of Porsche. Among other exotics, the GTR will be decent competition. If that means it sucks...well I would love to see what you drive.

I'm not a GTR "fanboy" or want to stick my dick in a GTR tailpipe but the car deserves respect, even if you hate it and find it overrated.

stevo 27
03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
^^^^^^ :werd: ^^^^^^^

Synne
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by stevo 27
^^^^^^ :werd: ^^^^^^^

x2

15K for a Twin Turbo, 4WD car that contends with new 50K+ STi's is absolutely outrageous???

:dunno: :rolleyes:

You obviously know nothing about cars.

962 kid
03-28-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Telling the first R32 GTR owners that the car is overrated and sucks is very ignorant. In comparison, strictly pure performance wise, this car used to and still does rival many, many sports cars. That's not to say this car will beat everything and is God's gift to the auto enthusiast, but I think you know what I mean.

Sure it doesn't have the Porsche logo on it but the GTR can beat a lot of models of Porsche. Among other exotics, the GTR will be decent competition. If that means it sucks...well I would love to see what you drive.

imo the GTR has been overplayed to the point that I can't stand to hear people talk about them, just like the veyron. Sure it had decent performance for it's time, but the only pre-1990 porsche it could beat was the 924/944 which is not that tough a feat especially considering they were aiming to best the 959. I've been in a couple stock GTRs and found them quite underwhelming. Basically I guess what I'm saying is that I wouldn't compare it to exotics ever, because it falls behind unless modified, in which case it isn't a fair race anyways.

Synne
03-29-2007, 12:07 AM
...er...sorry are you aware that the R32 GT-R Skyline has the largest car racing win record of any single modelled car....ever?

You've been in a couple of stock GT-R's and found them "underwhelming" in comparison to what??

...your stock talon I suppose??

962 kid
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
You're trying to tell me that the R32's racing record is more prestigious than that of Porsche's? lol...

Major Victories and Championships

Porsche cars :

* 14 Makes and Team World Championship (1964, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1994)
* 8 Long Distance World Championship
* 3 IMSA Supercar-Series (1991, 1992, 1993)
* 6 German Racing Championship (1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985)
* 20 European Hill Climbing Championship
* 20 Daytona 24 Hour (1968, 1970, 1971, 1973, 1975, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1989, 1991, 1995, 2003)
* 15 IMSA Supercar-Race (USA)
* 16 Le Mans 24 Hour (1970, 1971, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998)
* 17 Sebring 12 Hour (1960, 1968, 1971, 1973, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988)
* 11 Targa Florio (1956, 1959, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973)
* 4 Rallye Monte Carlo (1968, 1969, 1970, 1978)
* 2 Paris-Dakar Ralley (1984, 1986)
* 1 Formula 1 victory (1962)

TAG-Porsche engine in McLaren cars :

* 3 Formula 1 Driver World Championship (1984, 1985, 1986)
* 2 Formula 1 Constructor World Championship (1984, 1985)
* 25 Formula 1 victories (1984, 12 wins; 1985, 6 wins; 1986, 4 wins; 1987, 3 wins)

those are just some of porsche's 28 000 racing victories since they started racing in the 1950's. How many many times has a skyline won Dakar?

Also, I meant underwhelming compared to Porsches, pretty much any Porsche you could think of :dunno: I'm not saying it's slow, but for all it has been hyped up to as a stock car, it just left me unimpressed.

Also also, stock talons are 2.0l :)

spec c
03-29-2007, 12:15 AM
man, the stupidity in this thread hurts my eyes. infact i actually feel dumber having read it.

msommers
03-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Year Make Model 0-60 times/ 1/4 mile

1999 Aston Martin DB7 5.7 14.3
2000 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage 5.1 13.6
2002 Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Volante 5.0 13.4
2002 Aston Martin V-12 Vanquish 4.4 12.9

1992 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.8 13.1
1993 Dodge Viper RT/10 4.5 13.2
1996 Dodge Viper RT/10 5.0 13.2

1986 Ferrari Testarossa 5.3 13.4
1989 Ferrari Testarossa 6.2 14.2
1986 Ferrari GTO 5.0 14.1

1987 Lotus Turbo Esprit 5.6 14.3
1988 Lotus Esprit Turbo 5.8 14.4
1989 Lotus Esprit Turbo 5.2 13.6

1983 Porsche 911 SC Cabrio 7.0 15.5
1984 Porsche 911 Carrera 6.2 14.6
1986 Porsche 911 Cabriolet 5.7 14.3
1986 Porsche 911 Turbo 5.0 13.4
1989 Porsche 911 Cabriolet 6.5 15.0
1989 Porsche 911 Club Sport 5.7 14.3
1989 Porsche 911 Speedster 6.0 14.7
1989 Porsche 911 Turbo 5.1 13.6
1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 2 5.4 14.0
1990 Porsche 911 Speedster 6.0 14.5

Source (http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html)

Performance*

0 - 60 mph [secs] 4.7
0 - 100 mph [secs] NA
1/4 mile [secs at mph] 13.0
Source (http://www.jbskyline.net/R32/GTR/Specs/)

:dunno:

P.S. 962 kid, awaiting a reply from memory express about the MP3 player:)

962 kid
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
haha, if you're gonna compare times at least used the manufacturer's times. Nissan isn't the only one that underrates their cars, Porsche has been doing it for some time

1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R
0 - 60 mph 5.6 seconds
0 - 1/4 mile 13.9 seconds

http://auto-specs.zercustoms.com/n/nissan/1989-nissan-skyline-gt-r-specifications.html

I checked em out when I got home, I didn't see that A2 advanced on there before... but holy is that a nice looking piece

stevo 27
03-29-2007, 12:27 AM
everyone seriously shut the f*ck up this is stupid
any car can be made fast some cars have more
potenial than others the skyline is one of them
skylines have always been bought before the fnf
supra sales went up to after that movie fanboys suck
but if you ever knew shit about anything
you would know those to cars sold before because
they have some of the most capable engines
ever produced
a nsx beat a skyline wow
with enough money i could build a civic,paseo,caviler that could wreck an nsx so seriously stop tryin to put
down peoples rides i dont care what you drive
if you put your money and time into a car
i dont care what it is a tercel or even a kia
props to you anything can be fast some are fast from
factory and that is evidant in the price tag
sure the skyline and the nsx are in totaly diffrent levels of STOCK cars
but they were both modified and in the same F*CKING RACE
and for the whole omg a skyline is the underdog
are you seriously telling me that the rb 26 has anymore
potenial than the motor the nsx runs HA!!!
i just covered and answered every question and bitchy comment you can think of so if your post isnt thats a sweet or thats a gay vid dont post cause then youll just be a total homo trying to stirr
up shit for no apperant reason
spend less time bitching on the board and work on your damn cars
thats my 2 cents :drama:

msommers
03-29-2007, 12:29 AM
True, that R32 info was the first one I came upon. Also, the manufacture times are verified apparently according to the second source:

YOU MUST provide us with the Name of Publication, the Publication Date and/or any other information that we can use to verified the information for accuracy before it is posted. Sorry, if we can not verify the information, we can't post it!

P.S. The X5 60GB is the one I'm after but no one in Canada seems to sell the damn thing from what I tried to look up this afternoon!

Synne
03-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Yay for Porsche and its many models.

You missed my point.

I'm not a huge GT-R fanboi...I'm a Japanese car fanboi.

My favourite cars are most likely:

Celica GT-Four
S15
180SX
GT-R
NSX
Soarer
MR2

...but undoubtedly the one with the most potential for its price tag is the GT-R.

The GT-R is arguably for its price the worlds best sports car.

I mean...100K into a GT-R properly and you'll have a car that can't be matched for its price tag.

If you have money to spend then you're ahead of the game...but for 25K you can have a modded GT-R that can take out 100K Porsche's...and that says something.

Especially to someone like me who doens't have anywhere near 100K for a Porsche...let alone barely money enough for food!

962 kid
03-29-2007, 12:42 AM
stevo 27 noone is bitching here :dunno:

Originally posted by msommers
True, that R32 info was the first one I came upon. Also, the manufacture times are verified apparently according to the second source:

P.S. The X5 60GB is the one I'm after but no one in Canada seems to sell the damn thing from what I tried to look up this afternoon!

haha, just clean out your ipod and use it till it dies ;) save up for some AKG 1000s

Yay for Porsche and its many models.

You missed my point.

I'm not a huge GT-R fanboi...I'm a Japanese car fanboi.

My favourite cars are most likely:

Celica GT-Four
S15
180SX
GT-R
NSX
Soarer
MR2

...but undoubtedly the one with the most potential for its price tag is the GT-R.

The GT-R is arguably for its price the worlds best sports car.

I mean...100K into a GT-R properly and you'll have a car that can't be matched for its price tag.

If you have money to spend then you're ahead of the game...but for 25K you can have a modded GT-R that can take out 100K Porsche's...and that says something.

Especially to someone like me who doens't have anywhere near 100K for a Porsche...let alone barely money enough for food!

Most of Porsche's many racing models are all derived from the 911... 935, 956, 962, 961, GT1, GT2, GT3

I didn't miss your point at all, you missed mine... I never said the GTR was lame or had no potential, I said that in it's stock form, it's just a car. My beef is that everyone who thinks they know everything dishes the praise that SHOULD be reserved for the modified cars equally to the stock GTR when in fact it wasn't capable of mind-blowing anything.

btw in case you haven't guessed, I'm a German fanboi :)

msommers
03-29-2007, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by 962 kid
haha, just clean out your ipod and use it till it dies ;) save up for some AKG 1000s

OFF TOPIC :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D I dunno about you but ain't no balla. Plus they're discontinued

Cody D
03-29-2007, 03:43 AM
...that an an NSX owner who wanted to have a bigger penis.

Gah, my secret is out, haha.

Eleanor
04-08-2007, 04:01 PM
It doesn't matter which car is better cause any of us would kill to drive or own either of those cars. The big thing with the GT-R is that it was an amazing car in it's day but now there is plenty of competition for it. The most impressive thing about the GT-R is the potential of the RB26DETT. It is an amazing engine and I don't think anyone here can say that it doesn't have more potential then most engines you'll find on the roads today.

arian_ma
05-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread about this video but while on the topic of Nissans getting owned by Honda... haha jk but check out the ferocity of this S2300!!

(Kind of ironic that the car uses parts of the GT-R drivetrain)

J52C7NG92vI

Redlyne_mr2
05-15-2007, 06:55 PM
That S2k is a monster... totally slaughtered that GTR

streetarab
05-15-2007, 07:19 PM
last race i saw that gtr in it raced an RE amemiya rx7 and got its ass kicked then too, that honda is gorgeous, got a couple wallpapers of it:drool:

smontyLS1
05-16-2007, 10:39 PM
I gotta throw this in there. gt-rs were very pricey when they were new. the fact that they are only "affordable" now that they are 20 years old and already beaten to a pulp by the time they get here should say something. they are decent cars and have potential. supposedly they are so fast but I would sure like to see one at the track pull faster than 105 mph.

95EagleAWD
05-16-2007, 11:25 PM

Hate to jump into this thread, but if you dump 100K into an NSX, you end up with this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/IMG_4236.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Dyno20sheet.jpg

And it will still outhandle it. ;)

Now personally, I'm not a Skyline fan. I think they're ugly, overweight and overhyped. In Edmonton, I haven't seen a fast one yet. Ever. Not one in the 12s, and not one making more than 300whp. Greg's (GT-R Rated) is the fastest one I've seen, and it put 270ish to the ground.

There's two supercharged NSXs in Edmonton that I know about that make around the 350 mark, and there's one in Lloyd. And they are damn fast.

arian_ma
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Hate to jump into this thread, but if you dump 100K into an NSX, you end up with this:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/IMG_4236.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y220/95EagleAWD/Dyno20sheet.jpg

And it will still outhandle it. ;)

:eek: I personally think that much power is almost too much.
You can't even let that beast loose!
In that video I posted, I am SURE that GT-R had more power than the S, but power does NOT matter as much as the suspension setup and stuff, and that GT-R lost regardless of his power.
But hot damn that thing must have every mod thinkable done to it. You have any more pics?
:D

KenP
05-17-2007, 11:07 AM
This thread is funny everyone just crying..
:drama:

:whocares:

:closed:

SiR_lyfe
05-17-2007, 11:10 AM
:thumbsup:

403Gemini
05-17-2007, 12:41 PM
I've come to a final conclusion....

Anybody who says a domestic driver takes offense when you trash their cars... should keep this thread in mind about SOME nissan drivers when you talk about their cars lol

gp36912
05-17-2007, 01:24 PM
man arian that s2k was fast. but i bet the results woulda been the other way around if the drivers were switched. :P and it would still be just barely scraping a win though

arian_ma
05-17-2007, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by gp36912
man arian that s2k was fast. but i bet the results woulda been the other way around if the drivers were switched. :P and it would still be just barely scraping a win though

:werd: :werd: The driver is ultimately everything.
But regardless, that's some ferocious power from a 2.3L 4 banger! That thing must lag like my old Pentium I sitting in my garage.

95EagleAWD
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by arian_ma

:eek: I personally think that much power is almost too much.
You can't even let that beast loose!
In that video I posted, I am SURE that GT-R had more power than the S, but power does NOT matter as much as the suspension setup and stuff, and that GT-R lost regardless of his power.
But hot damn that thing must have every mod thinkable done to it. You have any more pics?
:D

It won SCC's Chapionship a couple months back... I'll try and find some more pics.

gp36912
05-18-2007, 12:16 AM

:werd: :werd: The driver is ultimately everything.
But regardless, that's some ferocious power from a 2.3L 4 banger! That thing must lag like my old Pentium I sitting in my garage.

:werd: :werd: that things a beast. must be tough keeping it in the power band.

eur0
05-18-2007, 02:34 AM
That was an awesome video
That NSX was flying!

The best post in this thread.

Synne
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
fuel the fire...

That S2K was fucking unreal.

I don't mind admitting the GT-R lost.

In a quick, tight corner, windy mountain race like that you need handling almost more than you need power...

...and light weight cars definitely have the advantage in that aspect.

arian_ma
05-21-2007, 10:14 PM
Fo' Sho' and besides, that S2K is modded up the ass man!