PDA

View Full Version : Braking Problems

Speed_69
03-24-2007, 08:34 PM
So recently when i apply pressure to the brake pedal, most of the time, a rapid clicking sound comes from what i believe to be the driver side but my braking distance is fine. Anyone know what could be wrong?

ZMan2k2
03-25-2007, 06:35 PM
Possibly your ABS system going into convulsions? If it's a rapid ticking, the ABS pump could be going. Have you changed your fluid recently? Did you change the pads?

Speed_69
03-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Well my ABS system is messed up so i took out the fuse so my abs system is currently disabled so it can't be that. But yea i did change the front pads and bleeded the brakes few months ago and that's when i believe this noise started happening?

ZMan2k2
03-26-2007, 07:45 AM
With ABS pumps, they have a filter in them to keep build-up and junk in the line from getting in the pump. When you changed the pads, if you just pushed the piston back in, any junk in the line could be forced through the filter and into the pumps. That could cause the pumps to click and make noise. When you pull the fuse, you disable the ABS sensors, but you don't disable the pumps.

The proper way to change pads on an ABS vehicle is to disconnect the banjo bolt on the back of the caliper, then push the piston back in. Otherwise any water and dirt that works it's way past the seals on the piston can get forced back into the pump.

Try doing a full flush of the system. That may be able to chase any of the crud out of the system. I'm not talking about bleeding the brakes to get the air out of the system. I mean replacing all the fluid in the system. That MAY help.