PDA

View Full Version : FS: 88 Supra Turbo Targa

Trowa
03-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey, I dont have the time or the money to support this project anymore and as much as I hate it I have to let it go.

Body:
It's an 88 Turbo Targa, white, originally BC car, ie no rust in the usual places, the rear wheel wells, quarter panels, trunk are all free of any rust. There are two small spots of surface rust above the windshield where the roof meets the targa top nut those can be pretty much sanded off.

The interior I swapped from the not so pretty burgundy to a much nicer blue <- all the seats including the driver seat are mint.

It's an 88 but i also have 89 molding set and 89 tails that match the moldings as well.

Other than that, the car also have new brakes, Toyota rotors and Portefield R4S pads all around and Braided Steel brake lines.
It comes stock with an LSD.
And I had Tien Flex coilovers as well.

Engine:
The engine is rebuilt by EC Machining several years ago, but I only drove the car in the summer so less than 20K km on the engine. The mods are as follows:

JDM 7M
low milage turbo (minimal shaft play)
ROSS forged pistons .020 overbore
Clevite main and rod bearings
Clevite thrust washers
1.2mm HKS MHG
ARP rod and head bolts
ALL new Toyota gaskets
cleaned and flow tested injectors
APEX'i intake

block machining:
overbore
polished crank
mains polished
polished rods
block leveled

head machining:
cam clearances reset
3 angle valve job
new valve seals
resurfaced

everything was balanced and blueprinted as well

I also put in a 5spd last spring and a SPEC Stage 3 clutch (only a couple of thousand KM on the clutch)

The only other mods are an Apexi intake and a custom 2.5inch turbo back exhaust.

I dynoed the car last fall at APEX and still at stock boost the car made 225rwhp and 245rwtq. Runs very well.

Now the only problem is that I was gonna paint the car this spring so the interior and the engine are out.

I would like to sell everything together so someone can finish it and have a nice car but if I can find buyers for all the major parts I will part it out, which is easy cause everything is out already anyway.

I want to get $7000 for everything (the engine build alone cost me that much :( ) or make me an offer on the parts that you want, but I would want to sell the body as one and drivetrain as one.

Stock NA Supras are selling for $4000 so at $7000 it's a steal considering what you get.

Pic of the car when it was all together
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379282_37_full.jpg

and another one
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/7/web/379000-379999/379282_43_full.jpg

Trowa
03-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Body/Interior/Drivetrain with the new clutch $5500 obo
Coilovers $1250 obo
89+ Tails and molding $300 pending
Apexi intake $100 obo
Exhaust $200 obo
89 intercooler + random piping $125 obo

i also have 2 stock heads for sale
1 Complete NA head and 1 Turbo head(cleaned and disassembled) $150 each obo

i'll add more as I find more parts.

Thanks