PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work at a Toyota dealership?

ZMan2k2
03-25-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm looking for a particular wheel for my Tacoma. It's part # PTR17-34060 . I can't get an answer from the dealers that I've talked to, no one returns my calls. I just want to know if they are available in Canada, and how much they are per rim. Thanks.

http://www.trdparts4u.com/PartPictures/724-1-83159.JPG

Supa Dexta
03-25-2007, 06:18 PM
Look up phobiaphobe on calgary ground pilots.. I'm not sure if hes registered on here, but he'll help you out..

ZMan2k2
03-25-2007, 06:23 PM
Sweet! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Rav4Guy
03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
http://www.trdparts4u.com/PD-PTR17-34060.aspx?MakeID=1

They ship to Canada. I don't think you can get it at a toyota dealership. Plus if they can, you'll be charged twice as much.

ZMan2k2
03-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah, I know I can get them there, but I'm afraid of the shipping cost over the border. That's actually where I got the picture. I was hoping to get them for less than $300 a rim, though. But you're probably right. Getting them in Canada through a dealer would definintely make me grab my ankles.

Palmiros
03-25-2007, 06:54 PM
Why don't you arrange for them to be shipped TO the border, and then go pick them up?

DC2
03-25-2007, 10:12 PM
i believe T. Dubbs works for canyon creek
search him up!

doublepostwhore
03-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Here is a nice little tidbit for people whom gain a "source" in a dealership, dont abuse their generosity. A certain member tried to scam me for 500$ in parts. You know who you are, I have already dealt with this matter.
Be curtious of the good nature of him/her or the second time around you will get burned.

BTW PM people with "sources" because this is an open forum. The last thing we need is a bunch of people bombarding us with PM's about fucking parts. Dealorships are not stupid, they know who is shoveling parts out the back door, so Job> you.

ZMan2k2
03-26-2007, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by doublepostwhore
Here is a nice little tidbit for people whom gain a "source" in a dealership, dont abuse their generosity. A certain member tried to scam me for 500$ in parts. You know who you are, I have already dealt with this matter.
Be curtious of the good nature of him/her or the second time around you will get burned.

BTW PM people with "sources" because this is an open forum. The last thing we need is a bunch of people bombarding us with PM's about fucking parts. Dealorships are not stupid, they know who is shoveling parts out the back door, so Job> you.

I totally agree with this. If someone were to contact me with information about them working at a dealer, I would not try to screw with them. I understand the whole thing about a job being more to a person than helping some random person on an internet forum. I was just hoping someone could run that part # for me and get me a price. I had tried about 4 dealers, leaving messages, talking directly (and being told, "can't find it here, but I'll check another source and call you back") e-mail and such, and not having any luck. I also don't think that asking "come on, we're on the same forum, help a brother out." is a responsible thing to do. To put pressure on someone to do something for you when it could cost them more in the end. I really just wanted someone to give me a straight answer about whether I can even get these in Canada or not.