PDA

View Full Version : WTB 11 sec. Street car

5.0paul
03-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Up to $17 K for the right car. Prefer Automatic, excellent condition. No Junk. LMK [email protected] or 403 653 4906.

MOD EDIT:
This is not a discussion thread. Dont post unless you have a car for sale that may interest the buyer. This is your warning.

5.0paul
03-26-2007, 06:54 PM
BUMP

Luv2Boost
03-26-2007, 07:26 PM
17 grand might be a bit cheap for a car of that calibur man. why not try for that 93 camaro a few threads down you should be able to get that into the 11's

Dayclone
03-26-2007, 07:27 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

240SX17
03-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

legereandrew4
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM

sr20dets13
03-26-2007, 07:36 PM

ca18det240sx
03-26-2007, 07:43 PM

legereandrew4
03-26-2007, 07:44 PM

ca18det240sx
03-26-2007, 07:45 PM

sr20dets13
03-26-2007, 07:47 PM

zieg
03-26-2007, 08:08 PM

alloroc
03-26-2007, 09:03 PM

three.eighteen.
03-26-2007, 09:04 PM

alloroc
03-26-2007, 09:05 PM

ca18det240sx
03-26-2007, 09:11 PM

DonJuan
03-26-2007, 09:23 PM

ca18det240sx
03-26-2007, 09:26 PM

modded46
03-26-2007, 09:36 PM

Team_Mclaren
03-26-2007, 09:44 PM
holy shit, wtf happened here.! please follow the marketplace rules. carry on

5.0paul
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
I cannot even begin to speculate why there are 19 replies and not know what they were about. I want a better driving car that can run 11.99 or better. No one should be offended.

Luv2Boost
03-26-2007, 11:11 PM
I could only guess that the replies were about you expecting a car to run 11's to cost only 17 grand.. most cars that run those kinds of times have more then 17 grand in modifications alone. But like i said there is that 93 camaro for sale in this thread which the owner said should make 11s with nitrous.

Audio_Rookie
03-27-2007, 02:55 AM

MiniMan
03-31-2007, 02:43 AM
I have a Nismo Edition GTR for sale that will easily run mid to low 11s with under $1k more in mods. It is slightly above your budget, but I am willing to take partial trades to help.

Corey

Gripenfelter
03-31-2007, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Luv2Boost
I could only guess that the replies were about you expecting a car to run 11's to cost only 17 grand.. most cars that run those kinds of times have more then 17 grand in modifications alone. But like i said there is that 93 camaro for sale in this thread which the owner said should make 11s with nitrous.

If its my '93 Camaro you're talking about, it will run 11s on the motor alone. Its never had nitrous.

I know people usually ask $30+G or so for Camaros with 383s but I need it gone asap.

Viperowner
03-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by MiniMan
I have a Nismo Edition GTR for sale that will easily run mid to low 11s with under $1k more in mods. It is slightly above your budget, but I am willing to take partial trades to help.

Corey :bullshit: post your time slip

MiniMan
03-31-2007, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Viperowner
:bullshit: post your time slip
Uhhh? Are you drunk, or just jealous that your dodge could get spanked by 16 year old technology?

www.gtrcanada.com, newb. Nismo GTRs running 1.7-1.9 bar/boost or GTRs running Nismo turbos/manifolds run mid to low 11s all day long. The $1k in mods needed is for injectors and a fuel pump so that the boost can be safely upped past .9 bar.

Cheers buddy. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Corey

crewchaud
03-31-2007, 08:28 PM

Uhhh? Are you drunk, or just jealous that your dodge could get spanked by 16 year old technology?

www.gtrcanada.com, newb. Nismo GTRs running 1.7-1.9 bar/boost or GTRs running Nismo turbos/manifolds run mid to low 11s all day long. The $1k in mods needed is for injectors and a fuel pump so that the boost can be safely upped past .9 bar.

Cheers buddy. Feel free to PM me with any questions you may have.

Corey

That site sucks. Could use a slip section.

I love GTR's myself but don't get people wrong cause if I remember correctly, Race City has yet to even see a 12 sec Skyline???

Truth be told..... you sink the right amount of money in anycar and it will be whatever time you want it to be.

And as far as being jealous, Im sure he's not since majority of people would take a Viper if they had a choice.

It would be nice to see some decent Skyline representation this season thats for sure.

Anything more then $15k for a GTR is rediculous unless someone is to lazy to import one in themself via a JDM dealer.

Cheers,

MiniMan
03-31-2007, 10:35 PM
If you're actually looking to get factual information about the sorts of times these cars can run, that would be a good start.

Also, cars like Damien's old yellow GTR would have easily made an 11 second pass. If you'd actually take a look at GTRCanada, you'd know what sort of times these cars run with either larger Nismo turbos (as mine has) or Garrett turbos (as Damien's had).

I think you just failed to differentiate between a Nismo GTR and a run of the mill GTR. Nismo Edition GTRs will make around 600 crank horsepower on the stock turbos and manifolds (Nismo GTRs != Stock GTRs). Only 560 of these were ever produced and out of that 560, only 7-8 have made it into Canada/North America. The last Nismo GTR that was sold publicly fetched around $22k. They are also around 140 pounds lighter than a standard GTR, meaning increased power to weight ratio, better handling and better braking. There is no way that you can honestly suggest a 600hp, AWD, 3000lb car is incapable of even a high 11 second pass.

As far as the "dump enough money into any car" statement goes. I clearly stated that to get my Nismo GTR into the 11 second range, all that you need to do is add the 720cc fuel injectors and a bigger fuel pump. That's clearly under $1000, which in my opinion, isn't much money in the least.

IF you can find another one for sale, good luck trying to get it into Canada for the price you stated, let alone one in this good of shape, with this much recent work having been done (since purchase).

Just so we don't waste anymore of this fellows thread, please PM me with any more points you might have to make.

Corey

Audio_Rookie
03-31-2007, 11:14 PM
the quickest skyline i have seen in alberta is a 13.0

I wont believe anyone saying its an 11 second car until it has run an 11, 99% of people dont know what an 11 second car feels like, they just feel its really fast and assume 11's are possible.

Viperowner
03-31-2007, 11:19 PM
If you're actually looking to get factual information about the sorts of times these cars can run, that would be a good start.

Also, cars like Damien's old yellow GTR would have easily made an 11 second pass. If you'd actually take a look at GTRCanada, you'd know what sort of times these cars run with either larger Nismo turbos (as mine has) or Garrett turbos (as Damien's had).

I think you just failed to differentiate between a Nismo GTR and a run of the mill GTR. Nismo Edition GTRs will make around 600 crank horsepower on the stock turbos and manifolds (Nismo GTRs != Stock GTRs). Only 560 of these were ever produced and out of that 560, only 7-8 have made it into Canada/North America. The last Nismo GTR that was sold publicly fetched around $22k. They are also around 140 pounds lighter than a standard GTR, meaning increased power to weight ratio, better handling and better braking. There is no way that you can honestly suggest a 600hp, AWD, 3000lb car is incapable of even a high 11 second pass.

As far as the "dump enough money into any car" statement goes. I clearly stated that to get my Nismo GTR into the 11 second range, all that you need to do is add the 720cc fuel injectors and a bigger fuel pump. That's clearly under $1000, which in my opinion, isn't much money in the least.

IF you can find another one for sale, good luck trying to get it into Canada for the price you stated, let alone one in this good of shape, with this much recent work having been done (since purchase).

Just so we don't waste anymore of this fellows thread, please PM me with any more points you might have to make.

Corey thats funny everybody talks shit about how fast there car's are and have not ever made one pass yea my viper can run 9's if I put $40 000 in to it
your a tool yea your car is very nice and it should run 11's with 600hp but until you do run 11's shut up!!

MiniMan
03-31-2007, 11:54 PM
LOLz, okay, you nubez win. Disregard all of the time slips on sites like dragtimes.com of people running the smaller normal turbos (and half the boost that a Nismo GTR can run) and running mid 12 second quarters. Those people are nubes that I'm sure took the time to photoshop their time slips to try and impress us.

In fact, running twice as much boost as them, on slightly larger turbos and weighing less, would actually make Nismo GTRs slower and they'd never be able to do anything more than a piddly 13 second pass. Hahaha. I mean, doesn't EVERYONE know that an additional 200 WHP makes your 3000lb car half a second slower and NOT half a second faster?

Also, I never said the car *IS* running 11 second passes dodge guy, I said that with $1k in mods, it will run 11 second passes, as similarly spec'd cars do world wide. Read the Australian skyline forums, GTRCanada, the Hong Kong GTR forums, etc.

Audio_Rookie
03-31-2007, 11:59 PM
I have seen a 9 second dodge colt built for 10k
I have seen a 10 second reliant built for under 10k...
I have seen..............

Just cause someones car has, doesn't mean your car will. I am sure its fast......but it sounds to me like your the one who needs to wake up to the real world and take your head out of your ass.

I have been where you are before.......hopefully you learn in a few years as i did.

MiniMan
04-01-2007, 12:08 AM
There is nothing unfactual about what I stated. If this makes you feel better:

"Nismo GTR's with similar mods, 720cc injectors and a larger fuel pump run consistant mid to low 11 second quarter miles. With the addition of these larger injectors and a larger fuel pump, this car will have the exact same specs that many of these 11 second cars run."

Does that make you feel better?

When there is an MKIV Supra running a particular turbo/manifold setup that makes XXX HP and runs consistant XX.XX quarter mile times, it is a pretty safe bet that another car with all of the same supporting mods on the same turbo/manifold setup will run within the same time range. How does this logic not make sense? They're virtually identical cars, with the only difference being the driver.

Audio_Rookie
04-01-2007, 12:18 AM
well, when you do those mods and you get a 11 second slip at the track I will apologize for being an ass.

till then, your just bench racing.....

MiniMan
04-01-2007, 12:29 AM
I'd agree with you, but the only problem is that I never said the car *DOES* run 11 second quarter miles, I said that it *CAN*. The car right now wouldn't be any quicker than a regular 270 WHP GTR would at 0.9 bar. Relative to this discussion, it's a pretty slow car without fuel to feed the fire.

Now, as I posted twice above, if you'd really like to argue about whose balls are bigger than the other person's, feel free to PM going forward.

In the meantime, maybe other people could try not to start e-fights over me stating that Nismo GTR's around the world, with similar mods (+injectors and FP), run in the time range this guy was looking for?

Audio_Rookie
04-01-2007, 12:40 AM
no need, It is definately faster than what im driving now, and im sure its a cool car.

Claiming x car will run x times with only x mods, but not having the mods already....

it always starts a shit throwing conversation.

In any case, I will stop whoring his thread, sorry.

gpomp
04-01-2007, 12:44 AM
miniman, is this you?

St. Albert man charged in crash that seriously injured police officer
Radar cop hit in August while trying to pull motorcyclist over
The Edmonton Journal
Published: Saturday, December 30, 2006

EDMONTON - A St. Albert man was charged Friday in connection with a collision that has kept an Edmonton police officer off active duty since the summer.

Const. James McLeod, 40, was manning a speed trap at Groat Road and 109A Avenue on the night of Aug. 21 when a motorcyclist lost control of his bike and crashed into him. McLeod, who was operating a radar gun, had tried to pull the 21-year-old driver over.

McLeod suffered a compound fracture to his lower right leg and a shoulder injury. He had emergency surgery in the summer and is expected to undergo more extensive surgery that will keep him off duty for a year.

Edmonton police forwarded the case to Crown prosecutors in Calgary, who recommended charges be laid. According to an announcement released by police Friday, expert collision investigators concluded the motorcycle was speeding excessively.

Corey Kirzinger of St. Albert has been charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm.

He is expected to appear in court in March.

GTS Jeff
04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the ..........hahaha just kidding. This thread is great.

EK 2.0
04-01-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Original Post Removed. (Please read the ..........hahaha just kidding. This thread is great.

hahahahah chocolate milk just came out of my nose hahaha...

Canadaslowest
04-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I went 11.50's im my 2.3l 4cylinder mustang on pump gas. I had 5 grand into it. I woulda sold it complete for around what I had into it complete but I ended up parting it out for my new project.

QuasarCav
04-02-2007, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
miniman, is this you?

St. Albert man charged in crash that seriously injured police officer
Radar cop hit in August while trying to pull motorcyclist over
The Edmonton Journal
Published: Saturday, December 30, 2006

EDMONTON - A St. Albert man was charged Friday in connection with a collision that has kept an Edmonton police officer off active duty since the summer.

Const. James McLeod, 40, was manning a speed trap at Groat Road and 109A Avenue on the night of Aug. 21 when a motorcyclist lost control of his bike and crashed into him. McLeod, who was operating a radar gun, had tried to pull the 21-year-old driver over.

McLeod suffered a compound fracture to his lower right leg and a shoulder injury. He had emergency surgery in the summer and is expected to undergo more extensive surgery that will keep him off duty for a year.

Edmonton police forwarded the case to Crown prosecutors in Calgary, who recommended charges be laid. According to an announcement released by police Friday, expert collision investigators concluded the motorcycle was speeding excessively.

Corey Kirzinger of St. Albert has been charged with dangerous operation of a vehicle causing bodily harm.

He is expected to appear in court in March.

Thats fucked! It is him:

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/170982/fs-1990-nissan-skyline-gtr-nismo-edition-181/

arian_ma
04-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Beyond ownage part 2?
:D
My car can do 11's too! I've seen similarly modded S2000's as mine. All you need to add is a 2JZ Motor and a LITTLE bit of modification to the motor for 950 WHP.
:)

Audio_Rookie
04-03-2007, 03:22 AM
ya those turbo fords are prime project cars.

2.3 T, bolt on hy35/hx35 and crank the boost...rwd.....lots of aftermarket support.

2.3T ftw, If i was to do it again, I wold scrap the fwd 2.2 turbo daytona and go all out 2.3t rwd in a ranger or mustang.

SR240SX
04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Ok..so why did ALL the first couple "pointless posts" get deleted...now its like a conversation about GTR's and who can run 11's...and those posts havent din deleted...:confused: