PDA

View Full Version : HNIC for 6 More Years

SuPhistiKatEd
03-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Wahoo!! I'd be heartbroken if HNIC ceased to exist. Glad to see they got a deal done.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news?slug=ap-canadiantvdeal&prov=ap&type=lgns)

D'z Nutz
03-26-2007, 07:33 PM
According to CBC News:

Less Leaf games :thumbsup:
But we lose a playoff series of one canadian team? I dunno if I heard that wrong, but it's not mentioned on the website :dunno:

Supposed to have streaming games online too.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007/03/26/hockey-night-in-canada.html

Nissanaddict
03-26-2007, 11:31 PM
DAMMIT. HNIC shoulda just been on TSN. I'm tired of CBC's presentation...sure most american stations do it better, but at least TSN tries.

SuPhistiKatEd
03-26-2007, 11:37 PM
Isn't TSN owned by ESPN? It would probably explain why they have such a good presentation as opposed to the government owned CBC.

They should beef up their presentation though. Get rid of some people....*cough* Drew Remenda and Scott Oake *cough* and bring in some new blood.

Nissanaddict
03-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Maybe...but I think they'll just keep doing the same thing year in, year out, and stay 30 years behind everyone else. That said, I love the less Leafs games idea, and MORE WESTERN HD! The last 2 HNICs should be good.

heavyD
03-27-2007, 08:03 AM
This is a win for Toronto hockey fans but a loss for fans of other Canadian teams. TSN does a far superior job in their broadcasts especially in HD. I actually watch their intermissions as they talk about teams other than Toronto.

You guys can talk all you want about tradition but the only HNIC tradition I know of is being forced to watch the Leafs every Saturday of the hockey season.:thumbsdow

ZMan2k2
03-27-2007, 08:46 AM
But now what do I do? I usually spend Saturday nights watching HNIC, cheering on my favorite team. Whoever is playing the Leafs.:rofl:

I'm glad to hear there's gonna be less Leafs games, I'd rather watch Ottawa or Montreal play in the first game.

stevieo
03-28-2007, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by heavyD
This is a win for Toronto hockey fans but a loss for fans of other Canadian teams. TSN does a far superior job in their broadcasts especially in HD. I actually watch their intermissions as they talk about teams other than Toronto.

You guys can talk all you want about tradition but the only HNIC tradition I know of is being forced to watch the Leafs every Saturday of the hockey season.:thumbsdow

when any other canadian team draws more viewers than the leafs then it will change, i personally hate the leafs.. but whatever pays their bills right?

heavyD
03-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by stevieo

when any other canadian team draws more viewers than the leafs then it will change, i personally hate the leafs.. but whatever pays their bills right?

I don't buy that as CBC is national and paid for by taxpayers. The N.Y. NFL teams (Jets & Giants) draw far more TV viewers than other U.S. markets yet Monday Night Football didn't even televise a Jets game this year.

eb0i
03-28-2007, 04:17 PM
I was really hoping that TSN would get the rights. 6 more years of HNIC on CBC just blows. :thumbsdow

Sharpie
03-28-2007, 04:55 PM

I don't buy that as CBC is national and paid for by taxpayers. The N.Y. NFL teams (Jets & Giants) draw far more TV viewers than other U.S. markets yet Monday Night Football didn't even televise a Jets game this year.
Thats because the jets suck. If I am not mistaken the giants had 3 monday night games...

stevieo
03-28-2007, 10:35 PM

have you ever been to a game in other canadian cities where the leafs come? more people come out with leaf jerseys then you think

as much as they are the suck, they are popular.