PDA

View Full Version : Used pricing help on 2 mazda 6 v6

cornelius85
03-26-2007, 11:39 PM
I have come across 2 cars I might be interested in and wondered what everyone thought would be a reasonable price to pay for them. Both are V6 Mazda 6 sports. Both a manual transmission

First One
2004 40000kms fully loaded v6 minus leather - sunroof - silver asking $22400 no tax

2005 48000kms fully loaded including leather - sunroof - bronze metallic asking 24990+gst

What do people think that either of these would be worth to buy.

The 2005 is at a dealership and the 2004 is a private sale. If both bodies etc were in excellent used shape what would be a fair price for them?

Thanks in advance for comments.

Greg West

mo_money2supe
03-27-2007, 12:01 AM
Just so you know, the "leather" seats that the Mazda 6s have are only genuine leather on certain parts of the seat itself. As in, most of the material is actually vinyl. I'd personally choose the cloth seats over leather any day.

As for the price, can't really give an estimate on the going rate of the vehicle, but I personally don't believe leather + 1 year newer (albeit higher kms), is going to bring the price of the vehicle up by nearly $3k. I'd go for the private sale one if I was in your shoes - easier to deal with anyway.

cornelius85
03-27-2007, 09:11 AM
Oh looks like I missed the 04 as it has sold already.

Anyone know what the 05 should be worth at a dealership? I know markup on the new ones, but haven't looked into used v6s at all. Anyone?

Greg

Mitsu3000gt
03-27-2007, 11:50 AM
For just a few more grand you can have a 2003 Infinity G35 or 2004 Acura TL, both substantially better cars IMO. Not sure if that is an option or not for you though. G35's are a dime a dozen these days so you can probably get a better price yet. Also, a Subaru Legacy GT is about in that range for a 2005. You will be spending about this much after you pay the dealer GST anyhow. The Ford V-6 in that Mazda is fairly average IMO, and underpowered.

Or, if you want to save a few grand a 2003 Maxima (the year they put the really good motor in it) is around $18,000 and will blow the doors off of that Mazda 6 as far as luxury and performance are concerned.

Just something to think about if you already haven't.