PDA

View Full Version : parking downtown-

cleancivic
03-27-2007, 11:40 AM
so i dont know how many others have had this happen but yea...
soo the other night i go DT to have a few drinks..not many becuse im still driving my buddie home later...but we have are drinks goto the rippers and we go back to the parking lot across the street from cowboys and thie is this homeless guy sitting on the ground up against my front bumper..i walk up and was like wtf go away..he said he wasnt leaving till i gave him my parking pass:dunno: at this time im thinking...its almost 3 in the morning ..what does he need a parking pass for? like is he going to use it for his buggie/cart or what haha...
but yea he wouldnt move so i got in my car started it up and he just turns around and looks at me ?(this cracka is weird)
still not moving...so finnaly i put the car in first and slowly start moving it forward..i get like not even inched to him and he just gets up and runs away across the train track in to the night...

just thought it was very odd...
anyone else have had a encounter like this ?

Crymson
03-27-2007, 11:51 AM
They take the slip and offer to the next guy that pulls into the lot for 1$. There are always losers and bums doing it in eau clair as well.

cleancivic
03-27-2007, 11:57 AM
glad i didnt give it to him...sadly he has to go look somewhere else for a loonie so he can smoke some bass rock
:rofl:

88CRX
03-27-2007, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
They take the slip and offer to the next guy that pulls into the lot for 1$. There are always losers and bums doing it in eau clair as well. .

My buddy bought one from a bum for different lot then he was in... of course he didn't know the lot number and ended up with a parking ticket haha. Fucking bums.

Lexxan
03-27-2007, 12:42 PM
hahaha the last time i was DT it was mar.16 and this guy tried to sell this dirty crumpled ticket.. I looked at it in my headlight and said oh yeah.. feb.16th.. good one. It's always scary though because I think they're going to fuck my vehicle up

adidas
03-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by cleancivic
glad i didnt give it to him...sadly he has to go look somewhere else for a loonie so he can smoke some bass rock

What did you do with your parking ticket? Im pretty sure you threw it out of your window upon exiting the lot.

I dont like bums either and most of them should work because they are very capable of it, but some are mellow and respect you. By you giving him your parking ticket, he could of earned a buck by selling it to the next guy(although not in this case since no1 parks at 3am) and could of got something to eat(not in all cases).

This is just me tho....i mean i dont have use of that ticket anymore so why not give him a chance to get something for himself. Even if he was to buy drugs/alcohol hes just doing it to his body so you got nothing to worry about.

Super_Geo
03-27-2007, 12:55 PM
I have a 'regular' bum that sits outside my office building most days out of the week with her coffee cup asking for change. Anyway, she asks for change every day and I am sick of seeing her there looking pathetic (she's extremely overweight... where'd she get the money to get so fat?), so today I went up to the office and got a big black garbage bag and three pairs of plastic gloves and brought it down to her.

I told her to clean up the area of garbage/debris, and I'd be back in 2 hours to check up. If it was clean, I'd give her $10. She looked at me like I was asking her to build a space ship. Anyway, I leave and around 10 I'm getting back to the office from a meeting and I see her sitting at the same corner... she most likely didn't even get up. The litter that was in the area was still there.

She sees me coming and says "I cleaned it all up but people are throwing more shit on the ground... so where's my $10?" I told her she's full of shit and to go drink some paint, and left.

Fuck these people. You can't help them... It would've taken less than 10 minutes to pick up that garbage.

Crymson
03-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
I have a 'regular' bum that sits outside my office building most days out of the week with her coffee cup asking for change. Anyway, she asks for change every day and I am sick of seeing her there looking pathetic (she's extremely overweight... where'd she get the money to get so fat?), so today I went up to the office and got a big black garbage bag and three pairs of plastic gloves and brought it down to her.

I told her to clean up the area of garbage/debris, and I'd be back in 2 hours to check up. If it was clean, I'd give her $10. She looked at me like I was asking her to build a space ship. Anyway, I leave and around 10 I'm getting back to the office from a meeting and I see her sitting at the same corner... she most likely didn't even get up. The litter that was in the area was still there.

She sees me coming and says "I cleaned it all up but people are throwing more shit on the ground... so where's my $10?" I told her she's full of shit and to go drink some paint, and left.

Fuck these people. You can't help them... It would've taken less than 10 minutes to pick up that garbage.

Is that the fat chick with the little yellow minature looking milk crate thing? If it's the same one, i love what you did. She's not anything but lazy.

cleancivic
03-27-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by adidas

What did you do with your parking ticket? Im pretty sure you threw it out of your window upon exiting the lot.

filter paper haha

ken-gsr
03-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I told her she's full of shit and to go drink some paint, and left.

I lol'd at that

EnRich
03-27-2007, 01:13 PM

I dont like bums either and most of them should work because they are very capable of it, but some are mellow and respect you. By you giving him your parking ticket, he could of earned a buck by selling it to the next guy(although not in this case since no1 parks at 3am) and could of got something to eat(not in all cases).

This is just me tho....i mean i dont have use of that ticket anymore so why not give him a chance to get something for himself. Even if he was to buy drugs/alcohol hes just doing it to his body so you got nothing to worry about.

I agree. I woulda given him my ticket too.

Could I have 10 dollars? help a brotha out maaa'n. Got 6 kids at home to feed.

Isaiah
03-27-2007, 01:36 PM

I told her she's full of shit and to go drink some paint, and left.

See, that's the proactive approach, try to get her to change her true colours.

SilverGS
03-27-2007, 01:44 PM

Given it was at 3am chance are he wanted it so he could use it to scam someone else the next day or the following month on the same day. If there is time left then I may give it to them since they are least trying to find someway to get money rather then just sit there. But at why would I help them try to screw someone else like 88CRX's friend

Euro838
03-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Also, a lot of the tickets may be good until Monday 6 am so they can be re-used. If it was only 1 or 2 doing it, then fine, no biggie but the last thing I want is for this to catch on and a bunch of bums are always after me when I'm about to leave a parking lot. They can totally f%ck up your car without much consequence but if you run them over, you're screwed! Where's the logic in that? :) LOL!

cleancivic
03-27-2007, 02:00 PM
^^^

TimG
03-27-2007, 04:12 PM
there used to be a lady at the corner of 2nd st and 6th or 5th ave opposite from that old guy who used to say good morning to everyone. Anyway, one morning i walked by her corner and she had one hand out with an empty timmies coffee cup and the other hand with her cel on her ear.

yeah.

right.

dino_martini
03-27-2007, 05:18 PM
I remeber there was a crazy lady outside the bay downtown everyday that would read out of the bible and yell at people crossing the train tracks. there are alot of them out there. :drama: