PDA

View Full Version : 3 Choices

believe
03-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Between the three of these, which would you suggest looking into as a first car and why?

2005 Mazda3 GT
20k Clicks
$20 000

2007 Honda Civic LX
new
26-27000$?

2007 Toyota Corolla CE (Special Ed.)
new
around 24k I forget.

The Mazda would have more power over the other two, but I'm not sure how I feel about private seller even with the help of a mechanic and 20k seems like a lot of money to be playing around with.

The other two, I think, are relatively the same car, but I would think the Civic would have more options in terms of modding, but for me, at most I would probably only be upgrading things like the intake/exhaust, nothing major. But Corollas are still pretty solid in their own right.

Opinions? Thanks guys.

E46..sTyLez
03-27-2007, 04:52 PM
Mazda

Nav13
03-27-2007, 04:55 PM
Mazda, just get it an inspection done. Plus your saving 4-7 grand and tax, too spend on other goodies. The civic and corolla are so bland compared to the 3 GT.

toyboy88
03-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Mazda 3 GT FTW!

- better power than the other two
- and more flexiblity with a bigger trunk if needed
- really nice ride and handling i find in the mazda

if your worried about any problems run a carproof/carfax report check, AND get a full mechanic body inspection at 2 DIFFERENT places if you are seriously interested in buying!

:)

rc2002
03-27-2007, 05:01 PM
I'd get the corolla. You get $1000 back from the government if you buy that car.

Hakkola
03-27-2007, 05:13 PM
I drive my moms 06 Honda civic until I get my car on the road, and I have to tell you the same thing I tell everybody else. DONT BUY ONE. It's the biggest piece of shit I've ever driven for three reasons.

1. It's as big as my benz, with about half the interior room.

2. You can't see the front hood, back trunk, plus it has TERRIBLE blindspots.

3. Terrible fit and finish, bad quality car. I hear clunks and strange noises everywhere, the car has only been on the road for about 10 months and my mom drives like a grandma, there's no excuse for the quality I've witnessed in this product.

alloroc
03-27-2007, 06:15 PM
All 3 are respectable cars. Test drive each it is your decision not ours.

max_boost
03-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Another one of these threads. :zzz:

believe
03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
^^ really? my friend has a 06 civic coupe and he loves it. I think its an alright car, except im not really a big fan of the two tier dash (some love it, some don't).

But on the topic of the mazda, met with the owner and apparently he's selling because he lost his driver's license in an "unknown incident" involving the car...seemed kind of shady haha.

i think i might be leaning towards the corolla now, whats the deal with the government paying back 1000? any upgrades options recommended?

(btw, just wanted to point out this forum kicks the sh1t out of some other ones i've been on...none of that "if youre not rocking a riced out '94 JDM integra, you must be gay" business) :thumbsup:

Hakkola
03-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by believe
^^ really? my friend has a 06 civic coupe and he loves it. I think its an alright car, except im not really a big fan of the two tier dash (some love it, some don't).

The coupe is a really good looking car. Everything I said applies to the sedan, and I'm not overstating anything, I really do think the new civic is terrible. You'd be better off buying the last gen, IMO.

spyce
03-27-2007, 06:31 PM
Get the Mazda 3. Better looking car of the 3 and also has a nicer interior!

Tik-Tok
03-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Mazda3 GT

Asides from it being the better looking car of the 3 (and better interior than the civic, don't know about the corolla, haven't been in one),

you get to skip that absolute dreadful feeling you get when you drive a brand new car off the lot and realize it just lost 15% of what you bought it for.

GoChris
03-27-2007, 06:37 PM
mazda

but, i dont give a rats ass what you drive, but I would pick that because it seems like the better value.

Hakkola
03-27-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Another one of these threads. :zzz:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=54143

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?threadid=32905

:rofl: Sorry max! ;)

max_boost
03-27-2007, 08:12 PM
^^^

This specific economy car thread has been discussed numerous times over and over. :dunno: :zzz:

TeamBestBud
03-27-2007, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
^^^

This specific economy car thread has been discussed numerous times over and over. :dunno: :zzz:

:werd: These threads are getting fucking annoying. Like come on man, do the research, take the car for a test drive and see how it feels. It should be about how YOU feel about the car not about how other people feel about it.

03ozwhip
03-28-2007, 01:12 PM
^^^ dude, this site is for alot of different things one of those major things is people giving their opinions, this guy wants to know what other people have experienced in these cars. so STFU and let him get his opinions. AND, im gonna start ANOTHER thread because i need peoples opinions too. see ya there. on topic, i just got rid of our Mazda 3 because it was slow as hell, but it wasnt the GT. i loved the car otherwise, if it was the GT i would have kept it. go with the Mazda.

Eleanor
03-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Mazda, hands down. Corolla right now is the most bland import I have ever seen.