PDA

View Full Version : where to buy Hutterite Chickens

Kritafo
03-27-2007, 07:16 PM
I lost my contact for buying Hutterite Chickens anyone have a contact?

I don't want the ones from the farmers market nor the ones from Chicken on the Way.

Thanks

Lexxan
03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Drive out by brooks and hunt down some hutterites using a "hutterite finder" (can be bought any canadian tire store for $19.95). Then ask to buy some chickens.

HHURICANE1
03-27-2007, 07:32 PM
^Just make sure you get the V2.0 of the finder, V1.0 sometimes will send you to the Menonites. :D

DepTrotter
03-27-2007, 07:33 PM
v3 comes out soon of the huterite finder :rofl:

Kritafo
03-27-2007, 07:39 PM
hah! But I am serious, they have great chicken. We use to have them delivered right to our door.

DepTrotter
03-27-2007, 07:46 PM
sometimes the hutterites come to my work, with corn and turkeys, and the secretary pages over the intercom... if the come in the next little bit, ill check if i can get a number

JAYMEZ
03-27-2007, 07:50 PM
Whats that farmers market out by Spruce Meadows? I swear they used to sell them out around there... Was it black diamond?

gts_gurl
03-27-2007, 07:52 PM
I know Co-op used to buy their chickens from the hutterite's... I'm not sure if they still do or not though...

Kritafo
03-27-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks, I would appreciate it. When we use to place order we could order 30 at a time and give the approx weights and they were a fantastic deal. Not just a great deal but the size and taste of the chicken you can't compare with the grocery store. If you ever have the opportunity take it, you will not want to eat store bought again.

gts_gurl
03-27-2007, 08:03 PM
Oh and I completely agree... My mom used to by chickens in bulk (so to speak) from the hutterite's but hasn't in a long time, so she tried one from Co-op and it definately wasn't as tasty, but I guess it's worth trying until you find another 'supplier'.

max_boost
03-27-2007, 08:32 PM
Yeah we get it from a guy name Mike (Rosebud Colony) every few months for the restaurant. We usually get 200 each time. Chicken weight on average between 6-7llbs!

PM me if you want his contacts or the next time he comes in, let me know how many you want me to set aside.

schocker
03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
Coop has them from time to time, i saw a ton of them about a month ago, but i havnt seen them lately so hunt them out i guess:dunno:

frozenrice
03-27-2007, 08:42 PM
I'm sure if you hung around Chinatown, you'll eventually run into a Hutterite. You might even be able to buy some off them right on the spot. The main thing I don't care for with their chickens is that they sometimes don't clean them very well. The odd time you'll come across some leftover innards or unplucked feathers.

Lexxan
03-27-2007, 08:45 PM
I just did some research and the 3.0 hutterite finder IS actually out now.. and it has a chicken finding mod as well for $9.95. So basically suck it up.. spend the the $30 and fill your tank up.. go out to brooks and get some chickens!

Hakkola
03-27-2007, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
I'm sure if you hung around Chinatown, you'll eventually run into a Hutterite. You might even be able to buy some off them right on the spot. The main thing I don't care for with their chickens is that they sometimes don't clean them very well. The odd time you'll come across some leftover innards or unplucked feathers.

Hutterites believe in noncomformity, that's just their way of saying "We don't give a fuck." They're gangsta like that.

Lexxan
03-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Yes. Most of them have at least one chicken on them at any given time. I know it sounds silly but they use hutterite magic to hide them.

TegLover
03-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by schocker
Coop has them from time to time, i saw a ton of them about a month ago, but i havnt seen them lately so hunt them out i guess:dunno:

death_rabbits
03-27-2007, 10:47 PM
i don't think i'd buy a chicken off the huterites. i'm not into eating anything that someone has made love to.:thumbsdow

slammed_cb7
03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
a little cream filling is the secret to thier delcious juicy flesh!

SikAssR1
03-27-2007, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Lexxan

Yes. Most of them have at least one chicken on them at any given time. I know it sounds silly but they use hutterite magic to hide them.

no one is laughing at your hutterite bashing so STFU

Kona9
03-27-2007, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by death_rabbits
i don't think i'd buy a chicken off the huterites. i'm not into eating anything that someone has made love to.:thumbsdow

I am having a hard time decifering between understanding if you are 15 or just retarded.

Or could it be your location painting a pretty picture? :poosie:

GTS Jeff
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

I am having a hard time decifering between understanding if you are 15 or just retarded.

Or could it be your location painting a pretty picture? :poosie: Maybe you should visit a hutterite and buy a sense of humour. They'll probably throw in a free chicken for you too!

death_rabbits
03-27-2007, 11:36 PM
^^^hahaha, oh snap, bitch got told!!!!!!!

Police
03-27-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
Maybe you should visit a hutterite and buy a sense of humour. They'll probably throw in a free chicken for you too!

HAHAHAHAHA

sjaswal
03-28-2007, 12:05 AM
it's all good as long as they don't have chester working on the farm.

TeamBestBud
03-28-2007, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

I was laughing. :rolleyes:

blueToy
03-28-2007, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Kritafo
I lost my contact for buying Hutterite Chickens anyone have a contact?

I don't want the ones from the farmers market nor the ones from Chicken on the Way.

Thanks

Which farmers market are you refering to , the Crossroads or The Barracks ?
The Market at the Barracks , last time I was there , sell the organic , free range birds . Small , but tasty .

As a kid growing up here and having parents who've dealt with the Hudderites , I offer this advice . Get to know them . For the most part they are good people but they are business people first and can be really shady and sly . My advice , like mentioned in some other posts , is to call around and find the nearest farm and actually set up a meeting and go check them out . Not everything they produce is organic or hormone free , reguardless of what they tell you .

As a aside , they are one of the largest , if not the largest landowners in Alberta , and they have LOADS of money . Most have hearts of gold and are the hardest workers you'll find .

jay42w8
03-28-2007, 09:17 PM
what is so good about their chickens haha :dunno:

Kritafo
03-28-2007, 09:29 PM
hutterite chickens...juicy, big, did I mention juicy and they taste like chicken.

Trust me, if you buy one, you will understand. They are just better than the ones you buy from lilydale.

Just like the strawberries from my garden....you can't compare them to the ones in the store... mine are actually have flavour.

sjaswal
03-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Well once you figure it out please end this thread with info.

ditto on the fresh food part

liquid1010
03-31-2007, 10:57 PM
NEVER buy hutterite chickens... they steal the inspection tags that are used, and tag all their chickens regardless!

Si_FlyGuy
03-31-2007, 11:02 PM
So how'd they get them so fat?

provident
04-22-2009, 06:05 PM
there is a Hutterite i know of that does sell at the farms market his chichens are huge 9lbs plus and they are organically grown, just now certified. there is also a Buying club call Airdrie Provident lifestyle coop that does a bulk ordering every 6 months. try this website www.airdrieprovidentifestyle.com

nonlinear
04-22-2009, 06:20 PM
i've been seeing them occasionally at co-op south of heritage and macleod

turbotrip
04-22-2009, 06:49 PM
was this bump really necessary?

nonlinear
04-22-2009, 07:00 PM
^whoa nellie, get yer panties out of a knot and relax. the original question wasn't really resolved, and this guy provided at least a couple of potential answers in his response. :dunno:

Kritafo
04-22-2009, 07:19 PM
http://web.me.com/krymsen/provident_lifestyle/Home.html

This is who we have been using for a lot of our shopping.

BigDannyCool
04-22-2009, 08:14 PM
chicken on the go sells them.

Kritafo
04-23-2009, 06:33 AM
chicken on the way does sell them, it's posted on the menu board.

I won't buy them from them though, not the best I have ever had.

sputnik
04-23-2009, 07:28 AM
I get my chickens (and pieces) from a farmer in Bowden.

www.bowdenfarmfreshchicken.com

My wife and I love his chicken and all of it comes packaged in heavy vacuum wrap and ready for the freezer. It is also packaged in 1 lb increments so you dont have to thaw too much at a time.

He also delivers to Calgary for free with a minimum purchase.

CMW403
04-24-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by SikAssR1

im laughing