PDA

View Full Version : Pothole Help!!!

tson
03-27-2007, 10:08 PM
so today i was driving up the ramp on 16th toward barlow and i was behind this car and then suddenly a pothole came out of nowhere and i didnt have enough time to dodge it so my front wheel goes in and out, i drive to the side to see if anything was damaged. I come around to look and my poor rim is curbed pretty good, so now i dont know what to do ? where do i get my rim FIXED?? is there a possibility its the cities fault for the potholes? if so any way they can cover the damage?

:(

please help, thanks in advance!

tson

IScarecroW300
03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
I seen those massive potholes today. The city is a joke. They were pretty deep. Sorry bout the wheel

ChargedLextasy
03-27-2007, 10:11 PM
My girlfriends moms car got the oil pan ripped off in a pot hole and they paid to fix her car. So i would guess yes

tson
03-27-2007, 10:12 PM
so what do i need to do?

tson
03-27-2007, 10:13 PM
yea deep as hell i dunno what the hell happened i didnt even see them there before

spike98
03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I saw that fucking thing today too! I could have took my rim, layed it on its side and put it in and it would make the ground level. THATS HOW BIG IT IS!

I wouldn't have seen it if it wasn't for the dude hitting it in front of me.

The city will prolly pick up the tab on it. If not, call a lawyer.

Tik-Tok
03-28-2007, 08:23 AM
:repost:

teggypimp95
03-28-2007, 08:40 AM
Yeah a year or 2 back i hit a huge pot hole, and i bent 2 of my rims and busted both tires. I went back the sence, took pictures, call the city of calgary, explained what happined. Told them it was there fault for leaving such a harsh pothole unfixed. Emailed them the pictures. I got my 2 rims repaired at alberta wheel repair. 2 new tires, and the city paid for it all.

kawana
03-28-2007, 12:03 PM
Hmm, i wonder if i could blame some of my cars damage on potholes lol, free fix ;)

my call to the city:

Ya uh.. I need my interior re-apolstered cuz of your potholes... idk how it happened but the pothole made my seat rip :S Oh and i think they made my paint fade too..

tson
03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
gah yea so i called today to make a claim and told them to call me after my class which was at 1 and i havent gotten a call since =/ i hope things pull through i got pics of the damage and stuff, anyone think i should go and take pics of the pothole? and what email do i have to send to?

stardotstar
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
This year I've seen some really big potholes and there's been more of them than previous years as well ... :(

schurchill39
03-29-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by tson
...i got pics of the damage and stuff, anyone think i should go and take pics of the pothole? and what email do i have to send to?

Yes, definitly go back and take pictures of the pothole. If you can, try and stick something in it like a ruler, bottle of pop etc just so you can show approx how deep it is.

punky
03-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I got the same except it wasn't a pot hole. some dumb ass left a giant rock in the middle of the road, it was raining outside and i was changing a track on my cd. Next thing i know BAM.
My rim was bent, so the tire was flat in minutes.
If your was bent and needs repair go to Big O tires accross from chinook and fix it. They charged me 120, but that was better than getting a new set of rims.
If your was just cosmetic then not much u can do.

TNation
03-30-2007, 12:36 PM
I SAW that pothole!
just take pictures and continue to make that claim

Isaiah
03-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by IScarecroW300
I seen those massive potholes today. The city is a joke.

Good generalization. The city is a joke because they haven't fixed a pothole.

We live in one of the largest cities in North America by land mass. There are limited resources available to repair infrastructure. If you see a problem, call 311 and the city will get to it as soon as possible.

Sharpie
03-30-2007, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by IScarecroW300
I seen those massive potholes today. The city is a joke. They were pretty deep. Sorry bout the wheel
Been to edmonton lately? Our potholes are nothing compared to what they have there.