PDA

View Full Version : People who chew with their mouth open.

89coupe
03-28-2007, 03:09 PM
How many people do you know that chew with their mouth open? Fuck it drives me nuts, and grosses me out at the same time.:barf:

I know this one little Vietnamese chick who is a real cutie but man, the moment she starts eating, all her cuteness goes straight out the door...LOL

EnRich
03-28-2007, 03:12 PM
I know exactly what you mean... Sometimes my girlfriend does that when I have her over for dinner or whatever. If I can still hear it after I crank the volume on my tv I'll usually just leave the room. Must be an asian thing :D

89coupe
03-28-2007, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by EnRich
I know exactly what you mean... Sometimes my girlfriend does that when I have her over for dinner or whatever. If I can still hear it after I crank the volume on my tv I'll usually just leave the room. Must be an asian thing :D

LOL, why don't you tell her to close her mouth? Let her know how gross it sounds and maybe she would be self conscious about it and stop...LOL

JRSC00LUDE
03-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Ya, that's right up there with going for pho and having them slurp it up worse than a f'in horse at a trough.....:barf:

Melinda
03-28-2007, 03:34 PM
This is by FAR my biggest pet peeve EVER. I think it's absolutely disgusting. I dont want to listen to or see the food in people's mouths. Yet if we were to say something to someone who was doing it, we would be the rude ones. Go figure.

JRSC00LUDE
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
^

How could anyone call you rude? You only made the second level of hell, that's like being a saint! haha

tom_9109
03-28-2007, 03:39 PM
they're almost as bad as mouth breathers.

benyl
03-28-2007, 03:44 PM
It is totally an asian thing.

Koreans are really bad... have you every seen a korean chew gum... fuck, you can't miss it!

Mainlanders are also bad... they add a little bit of spit action too... haha

HHURICANE1
03-28-2007, 03:51 PM
My brothers kids do that. It makes me sick to my stomach. I have to leave the table when they are around. You see it more and more these days. Smacking gum, mouth wide open eating, it's disgusting. It's not just asians, it seems that women now are the prime offenders. It appears parents don't teach their children even basic table manners anymore.

Kritafo
03-28-2007, 03:57 PM
haha! Yes I agree. It's totally gross, took my kids to the mall the other day, between the people who drag their feet and chew with their mouth open I was completely bent out of shape.

We are living in a society without manners. I see just as many white people doing it.

msommers
03-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe
How many people do you know that chew with their mouth open? Fuck it drives me nuts, and grosses me out at the same time.:barf:

Adding to this pet peeve, people who TALK and CHEW at the same time...with spit and food flyin' out of their trap. Isn't this the kind of stuff you learn when your 4 years old NOT to do?

liueorama
03-28-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by Melinda
This is by FAR my biggest pet peeve EVER. I think it's absolutely disgusting. I dont want to listen to or see the food in people's mouths. Yet if we were to say something to someone who was doing it, we would be the rude ones. Go figure.

you have alot of pet peeves. alot

dj_rice
03-28-2007, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by benyl
It is totally an asian thing.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I was just about to say that....

benyl
03-28-2007, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by liueorama

you have alot of pet peeves. alot :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sexualbanana
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
depends on what i'm eating and who i'm with. if i'm eating something with my hands (ie fried chicken, ribs, etc) by myself, i pig out. mouth open, gorging sounds, all that.

but if i'm with people then i civilize myself.

jay42w8
03-28-2007, 05:00 PM
correction its NOT an asian thing...its an asian FOB thing...and yes, its fucking gross...its weird though, its not all fob's that do it though

mo_money2supe
03-28-2007, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Ya, that's right up there with going for pho and having them slurp it up worse than a f'in horse at a trough.....:barf:

As much as I can't stand it either, it's apparently a cultural thing. Not sure about the Viet's, but in Japanese culture, it's considered a sign of respect for the restaurant if you slurp up your noodles (in their case, udon's) as loudly as you can.

As for the whole chewing with mouth open thing, I totally agree that it's an Asian thing. But if you think about it, any culture other than North American (if you can even call that a culture), has very little "manners" if you will in everything they do anyway. So I think it's just us NAs that sees it as a sign of disrespect, whereas for others, it's not considered a big deal.

Btw, I'm Chinese, and though I know better than to chew or talk with my mouth full, my family does it, and despite numerous "friendly advice," they still continue doing it.

GQBalla
03-28-2007, 05:39 PM
^^^^ werd

japanese culture it is like respect.

i slurp when i eat pho i don care it cools the noodles down.

my dad chews with his mouth open.

honestly i know lots of people that chew with their mouth open, i really could care less

but when i eat unless im really comfortable with the people im eatin with i sometimes chew with my mouth open its how i eat fast.

hjr
03-28-2007, 05:47 PM
tis gross man. doesnt matter who you are, tis gross.

Isaiah
03-28-2007, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by mo_money2supe
But if you think about it, any culture other than North American (if you can even call that a culture), has very little "manners" if you will in everything they do anyway.

I have to give you a big fat negative on that one. You obviously haven't been to Europe or South America. Etiquette is intrinsic to their culture. The men automatically pull out the chairs and open doors for the women, it's 2nd nature. People just know to eat and chew gum with their mouths closed. North Americans generally are much less cultured than South Americans and Europeans in particular.

403Gemini
03-28-2007, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

I have to give you a big fat negative on that one. You obviously haven't been to Europe or South America. Etiquette is intrinsic to their culture. The men automatically pull out the chairs and open doors for the women, it's 2nd nature. People just know to eat and chew gum with their mouths closed. North Americans generally are much less cultured than South Americans and Europeans in particular.

Was just about to say that.

I realized it too though, christ when i go out with a specific group of friends sometimes i feel like im the only civilized one.

If i get asked a question or something while im eating ill cover my mouth and answer it if i dont think i can chew/swallow fast enough... but ill make a good effort first ;)

I dunno i just wanna punch people in the jaw when they chew with their mouth open, its fucking disgusting.

Kritafo
03-28-2007, 06:42 PM
yeah I pretty much grew up in a house where nobody spoke at the dinner table unless someone asked you a question. Elbows were off the table, you knew what utensil to use, you chewed with your mouth shut, didn't scrap your teeth on the silverware. Tipping your chair would result in a beating or wrapping your legs around the chair would be about the same. No noises allowed.

spyce
03-28-2007, 06:46 PM
oh man im glad im not the only one
the sound just annoys the hell out of me
and when it continues for a long period of time, i feel like i have enhanced hearing like superman and its all i hear!! :banghead:

mo_money2supe
03-28-2007, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Isaiah

Okay, I'll give you that. And no, I've honestly never been anywhere other than North America and Asia. I guess because I've only "experienced" these two locations, my view/opinion is limited. I'm sure if I get the chance to travel anywhere else, I'll see that NA customs are much more slack than any of your aforementioned places. Boy, can you imagine what the people on European's Beyond.ca equivalent forums are saying in regards to us Asians then? :nut:

schocker
03-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
they're almost as bad as mouth breathers.
very true:rofl:
my dad does that aswell as slurp his coffee so i avoid eating breakfast at the same time as i would just reach accross the table and slap him

GTS Jeff
03-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Hmm, so asians chew with their mouths open? Geez you learn something new every day.

I guess I better start!

Lexxan
03-28-2007, 11:28 PM
My stomach actually churns when people do that shit.. I have to leave the room as well

thinmyster
03-28-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by msommers

Adding to this pet peeve, people who TALK and CHEW at the same time...with spit and food flyin' out of their trap. Isn't this the kind of stuff you learn when your 4 years old NOT to do?

the best is when someone accidently spits on your face but you dont want to be rude or embaress them so dont wipe it off right away :D

jdm_eg6
03-28-2007, 11:39 PM
my girlfriend hates it more than anything in the world, i swear if i wanted my face ripped off i just need to open a bag of chips or a nice mushy meal and eat with the trap open... hah

msommers
03-28-2007, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by thinmyster

the best is when someone accidently spits on your face but you dont want to be rude or embaress them so dont wipe it off right away :D

Dude you're way too nice. If I get spat on in that situation, I make an absolutely disgusted face, wipe it off and usually say some smart ass comment about manners and comparing them to a dog's ass:rofl: :D

little_wan
03-29-2007, 12:04 AM
Drives me nuts too. Worst time(s) I can think of is being in Hong Kong and going to resteraunts where you share big tables with randoms. EVERYONE was chewing and talking with their mouths open, spewing crap all into each others dishes...and my family does it too, won't listen to me no matter how many times i freak at them.

CRXguy
03-29-2007, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE

I like to enjoy the soup, so I'll slurp as loud as I please!!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Speed_69
03-29-2007, 02:03 AM
:werd: It's an asian thing.

My mom does it and i absolutely hate it. I've told her to stop doing it like twice but she's continued to do it so i no longer say anything but yea it pisses me off sometimes.

abyss
03-29-2007, 10:32 AM
I try to be polite and not chew with my mouth open out of respect for what my mother taught me. However, I also don't really care if other people do it. I can selectively ignore it pretty easily if I want to.

stevieo
03-29-2007, 10:37 AM
my whole family eats like that haha everyone cept me and my sister. it drives me nuts when my brother does cause hes the one who usually sits beside me at the table. i tell them thought sometimes they do it sometimes they don't. but whatever i guess its true its an asian thing bahah

saiyajin
03-29-2007, 10:54 AM
hmmm i dunno my parents have always told me to eat with my mouth closed as a child and they came here from Nam so it cant be all asians
must be north nammers haha jk :D my family eats pretty quietly :dunno:

but ya my gf tends to chew pretty loudly and i tell her to stfu so she usually chews with her mouth closed around me.... but i know she goes back to her old ways when im not around :rofl:

coolme
03-29-2007, 11:03 AM
I used to eat with my mouth open until my friend told me how annoying it was, I haven't done it ever since.

Dave P
03-29-2007, 11:12 AM
DAMN THEM DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL

liueorama
03-29-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by benyl
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

well she always seems to be having problems with someone/something and everything seems to be pissing her off. :thumbsdow

As for the chew with the mouth open, alot of ppl say it will give the food you are consuming a better taste if you chew it with the mouth open. Hmm

codetrap
03-29-2007, 02:41 PM

SiR_lyfe
03-29-2007, 02:45 PM
i dunno its pretty sick. :thumbsdow

403Gemini
03-29-2007, 02:53 PM

well she always seems to be having problems with someone/something and everything seems to be pissing her off. :thumbsdow

As for the chew with the mouth open, alot of ppl say it will give the food you are consuming a better taste if you chew it with the mouth open. Hmm

I dont give a fuck if chewing with your mouth open would bring back jesus.

its disgusting

liueorama
03-29-2007, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I dont give a fuck if chewing with your mouth open would bring back jesus.

its disgusting

Just telling you the whole story behind why ppl chew with their mouth open and never correct themselves. I used to get the chopsticks across the face when I was little everytime I open my mouth when I chew. That fixed the problem! Next time just bring chop sticks with you and if you see ppl do that just slap them silly with them chopsticks

403Gemini
03-29-2007, 03:29 PM

Just telling you the whole story behind why ppl chew with their mouth open and never correct themselves. I use to get the chopsticks across the face when I was little everytime I open my mouth and i chew. That fixed the problem!

lol i imagine it would! :D haha

max_boost
03-29-2007, 03:54 PM
What makes it worse is when they put their foot up on the chair with the knee visible. Them fobs! haha

Speed_69
03-29-2007, 05:32 PM
At this very moment as i am typing this at school, I can see and hear this fcukin brown guy eating his sandwich with his mouth wide open. FUCK it's pissing me off!! :barf:

szw
03-29-2007, 06:07 PM
Isn't it pretty hard to eat with your mouth open? Doesn't food fall out?