PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Civic DXG

Primavara
03-28-2007, 11:58 PM
Was looking at this today. What are your thoughts on the Civiv DXG? Base is $19,430. Frieght and PDI is another $1,275 Obviosuly I'd want to throw some accessories on there. Maybe The Aero Kit (front, side rear, skirts) but thats another 1,275. With that one package I'm up to $22,475

How low can you go on this car if you dick around with the sales guys?

GTS Jeff
03-29-2007, 01:18 AM
Free accessories.

Isaiah
03-29-2007, 01:35 AM
Personally, I would never buy new off the lot. The depreciation isn't worth it IMO. Having said that, it's a Civic so if you don't mind having the same car as 1/2 the Asians in town, then go nuts.

LilDrunkenSmurf
03-29-2007, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Isaiah
Personally, I would never buy new off the lot. The depreciation isn't worth it IMO. Having said that, it's a Civic so if you don't mind having the same car as 1/2 the Asians in town, then go nuts.

Then he would own a bimmer :drama:

They usually don't have that much room to play on with new cars (new releases) so depending on whether it's an 07, or an 08, will affect how much play you have. That being said, Jeff is right when he said you can usually get a lot of free accessories. Depending on how desperate a guy is for a sale (bad choice of words, but it's 8am) will alter how much he'll be willing to give, including a possibility of free oil changes, jackets, etc... So it all depends on how well you can wheel and deal.

FreakinPrince
03-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by Primavara
Was looking at this today. What are your thoughts on the Civiv DXG? Base is $19,430. Frieght and PDI is another $1,275 Obviosuly I'd want to throw some accessories on there. Maybe The Aero Kit (front, side rear, skirts) but thats another 1,275. With that one package I'm up to $22,475

is that the sticker price? if so i am sure you can find the base price for that.....i tried it through msn.ca/auto but they only have up to 2004:dunno:

riced
03-29-2007, 04:09 PM
I have the 2006 DX-G coupe
if you go to high river, you can talk em down if you try hard enough
we got about 550 off the price and 80 off the undercoat
plus free mud flaps and a hood deflector
high river guys know people from calgary drive down for a better price, so they are willing to give it

if you do go to high river, you get a 15% off products and services card for 5 years, so if you're planning on the aero kit, i would suggest waiting until after you purchase the car.
thats what i did with my aero kit

Speed_69
03-29-2007, 04:15 PM
How far exactly is high river from here?

and how much do you think i can get off a 2007 Honda Civic Si?

Hakkola
03-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Have you taken it for a test drive yet?

Xtrema
03-29-2007, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69
and how much do you think i can get off a 2007 Honda Civic Si?

Si? I don't think so.

Aleks
03-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Si? I don't think so.

I was able to get 650 off the new Si, but i know someone who works there. I didnt get it because the wait was way too long.

Ogpogo
03-29-2007, 05:38 PM
When I went to bought mine, I saw no reason to not opt to go up a package for the LX. :dunno: Just my $0.02

Speed_69
03-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Aleks

I was able to get 650 off the new Si, but i know someone who works there. I didnt get it because the wait was way too long.
How long is the wait? and which dealership did you go to?

Aleks
03-29-2007, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Speed_69

How long is the wait? and which dealership did you go to?

At that time 4+ months. (last spring). I was told 4 weeks intitally then eventually 4 months or more. This was at Calgary honda. I got my deposit back no problem.

civicrider
03-29-2007, 05:47 PM
i fluked out walking into calgary honda and bought an si the same day. honestly wh argue over $500 id feel like such a chump

JRSC00LUDE
03-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by Primavara

Well I remember back when I bought my lude the window sticker price was just a hair over or under 30k (still have it in a box but too lazy to go look) and I ended up paying 28,600 including spoiler, full 4 piece factory skirt pkg, and the 6yr/160 ext. warranty. Be sincerely interested but make money an issue. They knew I wanted it but I kept refusing their offers and they finally said take it home overnight, drive it around a bit and come talk in the morning. Still loving the car today!

HuyNh_SI
03-29-2007, 05:52 PM
yeah the wait for an 07si is still 4months.. and there are none on the lot for a test drive.. haha luckily i got mine on the same day because my buddy works there. But good luck trying to squeeze anything out of an SI.

projekz
03-29-2007, 06:01 PM
The best thing to do is to go drive the car. If you like it and you know that's what you want ...You go back @ month end and they'll be desperate to sell you a car...You'll get the best deal.:thumbsup:

riced
03-29-2007, 06:31 PM
The drive is like 30 min - 45 min depending on how fast you go
not too bad
When I got my civic it was when they first came out... I was one of the lucky ones and got it within a month, I know for those who wanted an Si had to wait even longer.

I'm sure you can talk the price down on an Si, why wouldn't you be able to? It's a car, just like any others that Honda sells. If you want mud flaps and a hood deflector I'm sure they'll throw it in for you. There's not much you can do in the accessories, I know you won't be getting the aero kit thrown in if that's what you mean by accessories.

ask fo the price to be lowered on the undercoat if you plan to get it, or something small I almost got leather wrapped steering for pretty cheap but I heard it gets ugly after a while.

The Si is a pretty nice car to drive, compared to the RSX type S.. it didn't have as much kick, but it felt more responsive. The sway bars on the Si are a lot thicker than the coupes so it helps with the responsiveness. At the moment, I have no need for a fancy car till i'm done school... But I do wish I would have gotten it.