PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: People for ball hockey

BigBadVlad
03-29-2007, 02:29 PM
I play with a few guys on Wednesday after work, 5:30-6:30pm at a Christian Academy High School (some kind of private school anyways). It's just off Blackfoot Trail and south of Glenmore Trail.

We started out with a sufficient number of players but for the last few weeks we're getting a barely adequate turnout 5 or 6 players plus 2 goalies. The good news is we do have 2 regular full time guys to play goal just about every single week and the 4-6 players we have are pretty regular too. We could use maybe another 4-6 people total, if they all show up regular. Girls welcome, we had one girl playing but she too hasn't been coming lately.

We rent on of the gym's for an hour and it's pretty much just Recreational play for the most part. Nobody in our group is super competitive but we do have a couple more agressive/better players along with less skilled/agressive players. It's not league play or anything just a few guys playing hockey for fun. Players don't wear any equipment so there's no checking someone into the wall or knocking people down but there's always a little bit of pushing and what not.

We have the gym booked until the end of June and haven't discussed yet if we'll let new players join at a small cost like $20-$50 or maybe just play for FREE. Guess it depends on how many people we have wanting to join.

Any questions post here or PM and I'll get back to you. I'm out of town this weekend so there may not be any replies till like Monday evening or Tuesday.

bigbadboss101
03-29-2007, 05:28 PM
Neat, I am working out of town so can't do weekdays. We do have a group that plays every Saturday 1pm at a Church. Two regular goalies, and somewhere between 5 to 9 aside.

I would be interested when I am back in Calgary.

death_rabbits
03-30-2007, 12:50 AM
now way, thats freakin awesome. i'm not moving back to calgary until may 1st, but when i do i'll play for sure.

Madspinner
03-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Yeah I might be instersted in playing , I havin done that in awhile.

BigBadVlad
04-03-2007, 12:01 PM
PM me if you intend to come out and I'll give you the details of where and when. I spoke with the guy who runs this for us and people are welcome to come out a couple times at no cost to meet everyone and see if you want to become a 'regular', make sure everyone gets along, etc...

We play every wednesday from now till the end of June I believe.

skyline19
04-05-2007, 11:03 PM
its too bad you guys play on a weekday... or me and my crew would be there for sure.

we play on sundays 1pm on a tennis court:D