PDA

View Full Version : WTT: Extremely fast Core 2 Duo comp for decent computer + cash

b_t
03-29-2007, 05:18 PM
I have overextended myself financially somewhat and need to offload my ridiculously fast new computer. I got Fiatman on here to build it for me, and it is hella fast (with the exception of the graphics card) but I had to spring at the chance to own a nice new guitar earlier this week and I don't really need a computer as insanely fast as this one.

Specs are
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 at 3.0ghz on air
Biostar 965PT mobo (purpose built for overclocking)
Thermaltake Big Typhoon cooler
1gb PC-4300 RAM
500gb 7200rpm Seagate HD
Radeon X600
16x DVD burner
Ultra V-Power 500 watt power supply
Windows XP home
Antec standard black case (not fancy)

Originally I had him build it with 2gb of RAM and a X1900XT, but I had to remove those to cut down on the price a bit. It still wasn't enough and now with my nice limited edition Gibson guitar here, it is just too much :D

There is no lack of headroom here though. It is a nice PCI-Express (non-SLI though) mobo and future plans, if I sell my other guitar instead of this comp, will call for an easy expansion to a Geforce 8800GTS 640mb and off I go for gaming, so you have only a limited time to pick this computer up.

I still need a computer of some kind though!! I would be interested in trading for a computer of at least the following specs - I will not entertain offers for things like Pentium 4s, Pentium Ds, socket 939 AMDs or anything that does not have a PCI Express slot for a video card.

Socket AM2 AMD X2 3800+ or faster
1gb RAM
Large hard drive (250gb and up)
DVD burner
PCI Express graphics card with DVI out

You will have to pitch some cash on the deal.

I would sell this computer straight out for $1100obo

Let me know!

b_t
03-30-2007, 03:54 PM
its all taken care of now, the comp stays!
mods please close or better yet delete