PDA

View Full Version : FS: Genesis G2875 tower speakers BNIB

stretch69
03-29-2007, 05:44 PM
for sale. A pair of Genesis G2875 tower speakers
400 watts
with a 10" sub built into each
more info at www.genesismedialabs.com/2875.htm (http://)
they msrp for $2199 EACH speaker
make an offer

stretch69
03-29-2007, 11:07 PM
entertain me guys.. I know someone wants tower speakers

BerserkerCatSplat
03-30-2007, 12:39 AM
You'll pardon me for saying so, but the website screams "white van speakers" with the MSRP plastered everywhere they can fit it.

How much did you pay for these, anyway? $200?

Edit: Indeed, Google verifies the white van nature of Genesis speakers. Buyer beware.

boxer23
03-30-2007, 01:22 AM
also u need a price or your thread will be deleted...

moeman
03-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Could this be them?

FOOTNOTE: The latest White Van Scam brand is Genesis Media Labs- just took a look at 2 sets bought from a E Bay power seller who should be ashamed of themselves. The buyers thought they got a good deal and even left positive feedback for the seller. We had them listen to a Yamaha home theatre in the box bought at ... Marshalls !!! ....for less than for 1/2 ($ 250) of the price the victims paid on EBay ($ 539) for the Genesis - once again, no contest, and some very unhappy Genesis owners- too bad feedback cannot be modified. I took a couple of measurements which confirmed that regardless of the name- Genesis, DiVinci, Kirsch, Dahlton, Theatre Logic, Theatre Research, Ashton, Digital Logic, Digital Audio, Digital Dogg, Digital Research et. al - this stuff is not worthy of the term hi fidelity. The problem with the Genesis name is that there was a very good American made speaker brand of that name in the mid 80's, that went of business- the White Van scammers change brands often.

stretch69
03-30-2007, 04:15 PM
okay im lost... so i might own white van speakers?
someone explain lol

stretch69
03-30-2007, 04:18 PM
or they are actually complete garbage and not worth a fraction of what they say on the sight?
im gonna pull one out of the box and listen to it and take some pictures..
if i got scammed in the first place... then what should i do :P
this is kinda bad news

BerserkerCatSplat
03-31-2007, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by stretch69
or they are actually complete garbage and not worth a fraction of what they say on the sight? news

Pretty much. They're probably worth around $50-$100 for the pair.

stretch69
03-31-2007, 07:35 PM
fuck... well just so everyone knows.. theres a couple guys goin around in a red explorer sellin these for $800 a pair... watch out.. and if you see them let me know.
im not sure if this is something to go to the police with.. or wait untill i see them again and deal with myself..
i did get the plate number cause it seemed a little shady.

megavolt
03-31-2007, 10:07 PM
It's not really illegal since you did actually pay for them. It's your own fault that you beleived that they were worth $2000 each when you had probably never heard of the company. Then again... the cops hate them too and usually fine them for something...

stretch69
04-08-2007, 07:47 PM
lol well i'd want my money back..
so hopefully i see them around again
so i can politely ask for my money back
and then smash all his windows when he says no

dj_rice
04-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by stretch69
lol well i'd want my money back..
so hopefully i see them around again
so i can politely ask for my money back
and then smash all his windows when he says no

Keep on backpedaling man :thumbsup: I know your tryin to save face but its pathetic...you obviously knew u were buying some crap since it was outta some guys van and you were tryin to make profit and hope noone knows and got busted.. :rofl:

ricosuave
04-09-2007, 07:32 AM
chalk it up to a life lesson and move on