PDA

View Full Version : Posers!!

El Borracho
06-03-2003, 02:14 AM
Man you guys that hang out beside your bikes in Eau Clair for hours are so cool!! I wanna be just like you! You guys ride so hard and crazy from Eau Clair to Melrose.... skills man... skills!! You buy a bike, cool leather jacket, and a matching helmet because sitting on your bike in a parking lot is so dangerous! The best is when you lean on, or even cooler, sit on your bike..... helmet off.... looking around... waiting for that supermodel that can't resist to come rape your rebel ass!! Bitch please!

You know the ones I am talking about!

ecstasy_civic
06-03-2003, 01:58 PM
ummmmmmmmm yes exactly what i was thinking:rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Dave P
06-03-2003, 02:33 PM
Eau Claire is like the 403 meets at chinook. its just a place to go and shoot the shit cause there is always bikers there.

sml
06-03-2003, 06:35 PM
hahaha!!! :rofl:

RiCE-DaDDy
06-03-2003, 11:11 PM
yea a bunch of guys did burnouts and stuff

squiddies!!!

BlaCkPlaGUE
06-05-2003, 10:53 PM
Hahahahhaah, thats awesome. I havent been to eau clair for a while but I can just picture what you've just said! Totall posers, I hate that shit. Its still fun to hang around with your friends, but to just sort of hang out ALL day beside the mall is another thing, and to do it on an almost daily basis as well.

Ducati
01-20-2004, 07:09 PM
In Vancouver we have Robson Street. All these guys on the latest 998 and $5k worth of gear (paid by daddy back home in Hong Kong) and the wear on the back tires...wow....there is a wear strip about an inch wide.
OMG - the little rubber nubbies are almost gone!
OooO0ooo!

04blackMAX
01-20-2004, 07:10 PM
some might say that about car meets also!!:rofl:

Shaolin
01-20-2004, 07:40 PM
as stupid or funny as it may sound, i understand what he's talking about.. it's like kids hanging out at the food court at the mall, cept they're a bit older :nut:

04blackMAX
01-20-2004, 07:43 PM
wait a sec...isnt this the same as you guys all meeting at the mall ...whats the difference, they meet at eau claire to show there biles and talk..and look cool...you guys do the same every wednesday, with your"403 meets".....whats the difference....instead of fancy bike gear. you guys have your A/X and versace gear NO??

kevie88
01-20-2004, 07:46 PM
I understand the poseuresque image of those guys but I have been guilty of driving by there every now and then to see if anyone I know is there.

To be honest, after roadracing I'm not really that interested in road riding, and more often then not these days I just ride down to a coffee shop or out to Banff for the day to waste time.. Roadriding is soooooo slooooooooooooow.

I'd rather throw the bike on a trailer and head to whatever racetrack is having a lapping day. Now THAT's riding! :thumbsup: :D

Oh and Ducati, you really need to stop dragging these old threads back up.

ZorroAMG
01-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
wait a sec...isnt this the same as you guys all meeting at the mall ...whats the difference, they meet at eau claire to show there biles and talk..and look cool...you guys do the same every wednesday, with your"403 meets".....whats the difference....instead of fancy bike gear. you guys have your A/X and versace gear NO??

HAHAHA exactly the reason why I stopped going to those 403 meets...it's like a highschol reunion for people still in highschool....gossip and bullshit talking behind people's backs...

88CRX
01-20-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG

HAHAHA exactly the reason why I stopped going to those 403 meets...it's like a highschol reunion for people still in highschool....gossip and bullshit talking behind people's backs...

hmmm... i have only attended one meet a couple weeks ago... everyone seemed cool :dunno: was good shit

04blackMAX
01-20-2004, 09:39 PM
but isnt that the same thing as what the biker guys do??.......

JAYMEZ
01-20-2004, 09:50 PM
I couldnt complain about eather , I like bikes and I like cars.

Ducati
01-20-2004, 11:39 PM
But Kevie88, I just discovered this site. And the thing I like is that it is a Canadian site - a Western Canadian site, with people who know the type of riding we do and what shops exist out this way. All these old threads are new to me. And lookit how many responses this one has had.

Okay, if the jaded vererans of this board don't want me puking up the past, I will read the old threads by myself and post fresh stuff.

buh_buh
01-20-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
if the jaded vererans of this board well if you put it that way...... feel free to post whatever u want haha.

kevie88
01-20-2004, 11:44 PM
New bike posts are always welcome!:thumbsup:

bikrbabe
01-22-2004, 01:54 PM
I dunno....

I guess I'm guilty for going to Eau Claire once in a while, It's a good place to meet other bikers in Calgary...

tho some of you are right, there are a couple of posers that hang out there... lol;)

Ducati
01-22-2004, 02:22 PM
erm...that would be *Jaded Veterans*...NOT Jaded Vermin, or wuttevertafukk I posted in my wine induced stupour.

benyl
01-22-2004, 06:48 PM
HAHA... I used to work in the Shell Center on 4th & 4th. I used to go to eau clair for lunch sometimes and see these poseurs outside. On two seperate occassion I have seen guys drop their bikes...

One guy was trying to catwalk real slow, lost it and dropped a nice new GSXR-750. The other guy was trying to do a nose wheeling (or whatever it is called) and held it too long and bit it.

too funny that shit.

5t3v3
01-23-2004, 11:42 AM
nose wheelie ... damn it's called "Endo" or a "stoppie"

kevie88
01-23-2004, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by 5t3v3
nose wheelie ... damn it's called "Endo" or a "stoppie"

'Nose wheelie' is a term that's been around since the 70's, people still use that saying a lot.

Kona9
01-23-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by kevie88

'Nose wheelie' is a term that's been around since the 70's, people still use that saying a lot.
Yeah no shit, who died and gave 5t3v3 stunt naming powers?

kevie88
01-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Stunt naming powers :rofl::rofl:

benyl
01-23-2004, 01:51 PM
agreed that it could be called a stoppie. Just forgot that term and thus the next best thing was nose wheelie.

Surprised you didn't comment on "catwalk", isn't that a wheelie?

lol

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2004, 01:59 PM
same diff:)

RiCE-DaDDy
01-23-2004, 02:40 PM
i like endos myself, sounds like a more professional term, isnt it some euro word?

benyl
01-23-2004, 03:18 PM
isn't endo just a short term for end over end.

not very flatering if you ask me. I thought was the term to describe someone on a bicycle who goes over their handle bars!

sputnik
01-23-2004, 03:23 PM
the best are the guys that have matching bikes, helmets and leathers... total HOMO

benyl
01-23-2004, 03:26 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

method
01-23-2004, 03:38 PM
I'll go down on the scoot and see if they shun me

:rolleyes:

Kona9
01-23-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by method
I'll go down on the scoot and see if they shun me

:rolleyes:
hahaha
pull up right in between as many of them as you can.
Talk like Stans Sister from South Park.
"Hey Guysh sho whatsh happenin? Thatsh a cool helmet ya got there. I reeeellly like how it matchesh your pantsh and shtuff."

ecstasy_civic
01-23-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

hahaha
pull up right in between as many of them as you can.
Talk like Stans Sister from South Park.
"Hey Guysh sho whatsh happenin? Thatsh a cool helmet ya got there. I reeeellly like how it matchesh your pantsh and shtuff."

BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAA:rofl:

bikrbabe
01-23-2004, 06:04 PM
A buddy of mine told me about one idiot at Eau Claire... got on his bike all pissed off about something... I guess he had hit a parked car
He was alright, but his bike flew like 20-30 feet and was totalled...

Lol:drama:

Kona9
01-23-2004, 06:16 PM
I remember once this summer a bunch of those guys were there. I pulled up on my Indian Scout demo I had for the summer, parked it right beside their bikes, and met my friend for dinner at Brewsters. It's amazing how much attitude can come from something with that much colour co-ordination.

method
01-23-2004, 10:03 PM
dude I can do that voice perfectly too.. hahaha that's great.

schho guyschh! whach you schink of my schhcooter?

I'll have to find my old headgear...

T5_X
01-23-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Ducati
But Kevie88, I just discovered this site. And the thing I like is that it is a Canadian site - a Western Canadian site, with people who know the type of riding we do and what shops exist out this way. All these old threads are new to me. And lookit how many responses this one has had.

Okay, if the jaded vererans of this board don't want me puking up the past, I will read the old threads by myself and post fresh stuff.

Hey Ducati, have you been here?: http://www.revscene.net/forums//forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=45

Its not as active as this bike forum though... which is weird, cause revscene is 3 times as big as beyond and the lower mainland has pretty much a year round riding season :dunno:

Ducati
01-24-2004, 12:42 AM
Thanx, TX-5. I briefly checked the site out. I'll get back to it.

I have to tell you this; Prairie cities, like Winnipeg and Calgary have better bike scenes than we do here on the left coast. Out here everyone is either on something or they have their head up their ass.
Actually, I do ride with a pretty good group out here called the West Coast Italian Motorcycles Club, but the eyetie thing has gotten somewhat diluted as former Ducati owners bought Triumphs, BeeEmm's, RC 51's, R1's and YZF1's. So now we are just a bunch of guys who ride and have or once had a Laverda or a Guzzi or a Duck.

There is a benifit to having your riding season interupted by winter - it gives you the chance to haul your scoot off the road in the winter, get it inside, and go completely over it and upgrade everything while you jones for the next riding season. Or you can build that custom or that ancient Ariel Square Four that you have been accumulating parts for over the last decade. There is something zen about a bunch of hardass bike guys hanging around a quonset hut full of bikes, heated by a pot-bellied stove and flatulence, wrenching on all their rides.

Since moving out to this place in 1993, I notice that my previous predisposition to build projects ...and even to properly maintain my own bikes, has fallen off, compared to what I did in Winnipeg.

And that is the shits.
But, yeah, I did enjoy going for a good long putt on my 1971 Ducati single on Christmas Day and again on Jan 1. It was the best hangover cure.

Dave P
01-24-2004, 01:43 AM
i know i have told a few of you, and a lot of you know about this, but for those who dont

www.groundpilots.com

great calgary bike club

Ducati
01-24-2004, 02:15 AM
Great site, too.
"Radar Trap", where you can ask questions of the cops is an excellent idea. Their Tech section looks good, and I will be going back to check it out a little more thoroughly.

With Calgary's close-knit bike scene, I am hoping to find a picture of Paul Shore's wild Buell.

bikrbabe
01-24-2004, 01:37 PM
Love Ground Pilots!

I don't think i post quite as much there tho