PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park - Minutes To Midnight

HyperZell
03-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Just in case you haven't heard, Linkin Park is coming out with a new album called 'Minutes To Midnight', due for release on May 15th. The new single, 'What I've Done', is set to premiere April 2nd - but check this out:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=659&sid=1115827&trackid=718374

That's a little preview and I've gotta say - it sounds great. A lot of people write this band off as emo or whiny or whatever, but that's a very shallow view of their music. They write very well, have creative and engaging musical ideas and are now promising their most diverse and epic album yet. AOL Music got a sneak peak at the album, and their two words were "OH SH*%!"

I'm pumped for this album and I know some of you are too, so stay tuned to this thread for more news and info. And I really hope that the people who don't like this kind of music can just ignore it instead of posting and making themselves look like asses.

theken
03-29-2007, 07:07 PM
sounds a little mellow for them, but i like it

finboy
03-29-2007, 08:19 PM
a lot of people slag on them because most of their songs sound the same, but they sound good to me, i'll be grabbin this one for sure :thumbsup:

TeamBestBud
03-29-2007, 08:20 PM
Linkin park has some pretty damn good music:thumbsup:

Danish
03-29-2007, 08:29 PM
Should be a great album, haven't been disappointed yet.

l8braker
03-29-2007, 08:31 PM
They're talented motherfuckers, no question about it :thumbsup: Definitely looking forward to hearing the new disc.

ca18det240sx
03-29-2007, 08:34 PM
+1 for Linkin Park.

have every cd, cant wait for this one.

Hoey
03-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Consider it bought!

CKY
03-29-2007, 10:49 PM
havn't missed a cd from them, defintely not missing this one

Mar
03-29-2007, 10:53 PM
Someone gave me their last album for $1 and it sat in a pile for a while. But eventually I listened to it and it's awesome. I'll pick it up as well.

A2VR6
03-29-2007, 11:21 PM
I've been waiting for this one for a while! I'll pick this one up for sure... the new single sounds great.

stevieo
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
i think chester is a great singer and I like their music. also liking this preview..can't wait haha.

403Gemini
03-29-2007, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by finboy
a lot of people slag on them because most of their songs sound the same, but they sound good to me, i'll be grabbin this one for sure :thumbsup:

i cant tell you how many times ive listened to hybrid theory. man that shit was my study music, i could play the entire cd beginning to end and love it all

finboy
03-29-2007, 11:44 PM
a warning now, stop listening to your radio or you will be sick of this album, it will be in heavy rotation on vibe, cjay, and x92.9, plus a bunch of other new stations without a doubt.

CKY
03-30-2007, 04:23 AM
I've gotta say collision course was my fav of all their albums, i can never get tired of their beats

88CRX
03-30-2007, 06:20 AM
Does anyone have a track list?

HyperZell
03-30-2007, 08:30 AM
According to CDWOW!, the tracklisting for Minutes To Midnight is:

01. Wake
02. Given Up
03. Leave Out All The Rest
04. Bleed It Out
05. Shadow Of The Day
06. What I've Done
07. Hands Held High
08. No More Sorrow
09. Valentine's Day
10. In Between
11. In Pieces
12. The Little Things Give You Away

I thoguht Hybrid Theory was amazing; I was very happy to see it's success (best selling album of the year, I believe). Reanimation was very cool, and Live in Texas makes me 150% sure that I want to see these guys in concert. Meteora was unreal and Collision Course still plays on my cell phone. All signs point to Minutes To Midnight being just as good, if not better.

krisopotamus
03-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Can't hear the preview here at work, but I do have their song "Qwerty" which is a deadly song. It is a little different from their other stuff but I love it. Been looking forward to this CD for a little while now.

And yeah, live in texas is sweet, damn I want to see them in concert but I doubt they will make it to anywhere near here soon.

dennisaur
03-30-2007, 08:56 AM
it's gonna be a good album for sure:thumbsup:

Eleanor
03-30-2007, 10:22 AM
Best song by them was still And One when they were still hybrid theory. Meteora was a pretty sweet album as well.

HyperZell
03-30-2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by krisopotamus
Can't hear the preview here at work, but I do have their song "Qwerty" which is a deadly song. It is a little different from their other stuff but I love it. Been looking forward to this CD for a little while now.

And yeah, live in texas is sweet, damn I want to see them in concert but I doubt they will make it to anywhere near here soon.

Yeah, QWERTY is pretty cool, but it's not going to be on the CD. I'm not sure why, but the positive answer is that QWERTY wasn't good enough to make the CD (and QWERTY was pretty awesome...). Makes you wonder how much better the rest of the CD is going to be...

HyperZell
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
This video is going up and down as fast as people post them...but here you guys go, the new video for What I've Done, the new Linkin Park single.

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v349165h2B4zmsW?searchId=6443139956412647865&rank=0

gorilla*goggles
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
wow really diggin this first single
love linkin park and will def pick this up on the release date
nice find! and reminder

Gravy_83
04-02-2007, 09:03 PM
man just the other day me and the girlfriend were talking about how they dropped off the face of the planet for a while....can't wait to get this for sure one of my all time favorite bands....meteora was amazing so this should be amazing too

403Gemini
04-02-2007, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Gravy_83
man just the other day me and the girlfriend were talking about how they dropped off the face of the planet for a while....can't wait to get this for sure one of my all time favorite bands....meteora was amazing so this should be amazing too

Not really, arent they also Fort Minor? or at least part of Fort Minor is linkin park?

Gravy_83
04-02-2007, 09:16 PM
one of the singers is fort minor but not as much talent there. Much more talent in Linkin Park.

HyperZell
04-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Not really, arent they also Fort Minor? or at least part of Fort Minor is linkin park?

Fort Minor is Mike Shinoda's side project. It's more rap-oriented and exhibits amazing talent - everyone who's heard the CD loves it. The lyrics are incredible and the creativity and beats are unreal. Definite sleeper CD here; give it a listen and you won't be disappointed. ALL of the tracks are good, but the highlights for me are Right Now, High Road and Remember The Name.

ercchry
04-02-2007, 10:10 PM
I too enjoy fort minor (http://rapbase.free.fr/Fort%20Minor%20-%20The%20Rising%20Tied/) ;)

Blue CRX
04-02-2007, 11:02 PM
go download the cd. i love linkin park and there new cd is pretty good, but i think its kinda weak compared to there old stuff

HybridTheory
04-03-2007, 12:37 AM
Can't wait till it comes out! It's about time they put out a new album. I hope this one is even better than Metora.

3g4me
04-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Wow just when i was wondering how shitty bands like this stay popular.:rolleyes:

88CRX
04-05-2007, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by 3g4me
Wow just when i was wondering how shitty bands like this stay popular.:rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

dennisaur
04-06-2007, 10:23 AM
man all the downloads i've tried is some fake album with some other band on it :dunno:

HyperZell
04-06-2007, 11:12 AM

Just when you were wondering, they put out some good music?

That should about answer it.

GQNammer
04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
WTF

I don't see Mike Shinoda!! Unless he's the guy playing one of the guitars.........but doesn't he play the keyboard?

If he's not on the album, it's not a legit Linkin Park cd. I feel the reason why Linkin Park was so successful was because they were a mix of hip-hop and heavy alternative. Without either of them it's not Linkin Park anymore.

88CRX
04-06-2007, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer
WTF

I don't see Mike Shinoda!! Unless he's the guy playing one of the guitars.........but doesn't he play the keyboard?

If he's not on the album, it's not a legit Linkin Park cd. I feel the reason why Linkin Park was so successful was because they were a mix of hip-hop and heavy alternative. Without either of them it's not Linkin Park anymore.

It's him playing the guitar... I'm sure many of their other songs on this album will be more "hip-hop".

HyperZell
04-06-2007, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by 88CRX

It's him playing the guitar... I'm sure many of their other songs on this album will be more "hip-hop".

Rolling Stone: Does Mike do a lot of singing on the album? Because the songs I've heard are largely you singing.

Chester: Mikes [sic] was like, 'I wrote myself out of the record.' There's not a lot of Mike on this record -- there's a couple of songs he's rapping on, he has a couple of songs he's singing on, he's singing a lot of harmonies and playing a lot of guitar. And, you know he produced this record as well, so it was interesting. I questioned that early on, like, 'Hey there what are you doing? Maybe we should try some rapping or more of you.' And he was like 'No, no, no. This is all you dude.' It was almost like after awhile we just stopped paying attention to him. We were just writing songs.

carter_prelude
04-07-2007, 02:07 PM
C7IXJzoQELE

the link above wasn't working for me :dunno: i dunno if its the same video or not. WICKED song tho :poosie:

jedimario
04-07-2007, 09:05 PM
I had no idea they were coming out with anything else, this is awesome :D

Darkane
04-08-2007, 09:45 AM

Because it's generic. It draws complete influence from Cold play and Incubus. Two highly played radio bands. People like what's on the radio for the most part.. Even though half will not admit it.

5hift
04-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Because it's generic. It draws complete influence from Cold play and Incubus. Two highly played radio bands. People like what's on the radio for the most part.. Even though half will not admit it.

Actually making money or having a fan base doesnt make Linkin Park generic. Complete infulence from Cold Play? I must have missed the rapping over dj beats when I quickly flipped through X&Y last time.

Whats more annoying that people who wont admit they like whats on the radio? Those who hate anything mainstream for just the sake of bitching and trying to come out as original for liking some no name undeground band they read up on in their last edition of guitar weekly.

Darkane
04-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 5hift

Actually making money or having a fan base doesnt make Linkin Park generic. Complete infulence from Cold Play? I must have missed the rapping over dj beats when I quickly flipped through X&Y last time.

Whats more annoying that people who wont admit they like whats on the radio? Those who hate anything mainstream for just the sake of bitching and trying to come out as original for liking some no name undeground band they read up on in their last edition of guitar weekly.

That Particular song was drawn from the Cold play Incubus stream.

HyperZell
04-08-2007, 05:19 PM

Hmm...that's interesting. And by interesting I mean retarded.

Linkin Park was formed in 1996 - Coldplay in 1998. Both released their first records in 2000. Did Linkin Park travel to the future to become influenced by Coldplay?

And I don't even want to get started on how Linkin Park doesn't sound like Incubus. They both use guitars and drums, if that's what you're getting at. Oh! And they both have singers!

A790
04-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Opinions. You have yours, keep them yourself. kthnxbye

jay42w8
04-08-2007, 09:41 PM
hmm..a guy on torrentspy says its Chester's old band...

http://torrentspy.com/torrent/1128651/Linkin_Park_Minutes_to_Midnight_2007

its still good stuff

HyperZell
04-25-2007, 10:51 AM
A short clip of another song from the album - this one is for the people who expected something harder!

iFnwWAn9bnI

SiR_lyfe
04-25-2007, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by HyperZell
Just in case you haven't heard, Linkin Park is coming out with a new album called 'Minutes To Midnight', due for release on May 15th. The new single, 'What I've Done', is set to premiere April 2nd - but check this out:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=659&sid=1115827&trackid=718374

hey buddy!! :thumbsup: cant wait

HyperZell
04-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by SiR_lyfe

hey buddy!! :thumbsup: cant wait

Haha, I guess you're not too busy. Tomorrow you'll be busy though - busy losing at the hockey pool. Go Buffalo!

88CRX
05-02-2007, 10:17 PM
CD is leaked... just listened through it a couple times and I dunno.... I tend to not like new CD's the first couple times I listen through them but so far its nothing special and I really dont like it :dunno:

Please dont PM me asking where to get it cause I dont' have a frickin clue haha.

jay42w8
05-02-2007, 10:55 PM
dammit I think I dl'd another fake...Valentine's Day is actually My December fuck where is the leaked version?

88CRX
05-03-2007, 11:08 AM
I'm starting to think this isn't the real leaked version either.

It sucks.

ken-gsr
05-03-2007, 12:01 PM
^^^ agreed, he made me listen to it in his car this morning :thumbsdow

HyperZell
05-03-2007, 07:20 PM
This is the real Linkin Park album:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=85606&sid=1289359

Click on 'Preview' to, well, preview the tracks.

EDIT: Link is down. But man, did some of that stuff sound good!

Grip172
05-03-2007, 09:09 PM
the cd was such a let down

88CRXGUY
05-03-2007, 09:44 PM
I think that there are some good songs on this album that I previewed. I wished that there was some harder songs in here, this album seems to be alot softer then Meteora. For me the verdict is still out but when the album comes out and I listen to it fully I will make my decision then. I don't think this is the new sound they were talking about, I'm just happy finally they are coming out with a damn album.

treg50
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
Awesome single "What I've Done", the video was a bit different than what I was expecting. I was thinking more of a personal/individual level as opposed to world leader level. The political/social atrocities theme is not the most original but I guess it's good that someone do it for each generation.

I'll disagree. I like this single because to me it stands out above the average of what's currently in the mainstream (I haven't heard the album yet). I like Incubus and Coldplay (I didn't like X&Y) as well but I don't hear them in Linkin Park.

Personally I like music, mainstream or not, because to me it sounds good not because other people like it. Being Indy doesn't make music 'good'.

Linkin Park is good :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
05-04-2007, 10:18 AM
Im pretty pumped.. when my mr2 was first finished 5 years ago they released their first album I cruised to that cd all summer. Now that my cars almost done again they are dropping this album.. sort of has some meaning:)

Zephyr
05-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Just got the legit album...it's quite different...it doesn't catch on as fast as the other albums...i'm a bit worried for them.

carter_prelude
05-06-2007, 06:50 PM
I LOVE the new CD :D

deffinitly NOT like the old stuff though...I dunno, i tihnk the new style is more main stream sounding and will be played on the radio so im not too worried, the hard core fans may be a little disapointed though.

Of course it will take some time for it to grow on you ;)

I think Leave Out All The Rest and Shadow Of The Day will be the next 2 big songs by them on the radio in a few months :thumbsup:

88CRX
05-06-2007, 07:01 PM
Lots of slower songs :dunno:

But I'll have to listen through the entire CD a couple more times before I make a decisions if I like it or not.

'No More Sorrow' & 'Given Up' & 'Bleed it out' are awesome songs. However I could do without all that damn clapping in the background.

carter_prelude
05-06-2007, 07:08 PM
hahahaha yea i noticed all the clapping too... :dunno:

88CRXGUY
05-06-2007, 09:45 PM
For some reason this link doesn't work anymore, wtf?

HyperZell
05-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
For some reason this link doesn't work anymore, wtf?

What link?

HybridTheory
05-06-2007, 10:01 PM
This is the real Linkin Park album:

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=34&product=85606&sid=1289359

Click on 'Preview' to, well, preview the tracks.

EDIT: Link is down. But man, did some of that stuff sound good!

I tried this link today but it didn't work

EDIT: Hahaha I missed that, my bad

HyperZell
05-06-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by HybridTheory

I tried this link today but it didn't work

Lol, that's why I said "link is down"

I've listened to the new album, and I'm going to listen to it more. It is a lot different than their old stuff - I'm not sure how I feel about the two tracks where Mike is singing yet. The thing with Linkin Park is that there are many layers behind the obvious surface, so it takes a few listens to really discover a song. I will say though that "Bleed It Out" and "No More Sorrow" kick ass.

jay42w8
05-06-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm starting to think this isn't the real leaked version either.

It sucks.

not only is one of the tracks, My December, also, another is High Voltage from a previous album...can't we post a link here to the real album?

HyperZell
05-07-2007, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by jay42w8

not only is one of the tracks, My December, also, another is High Voltage from a previous album...can't we post a link here to the real album?

No, actually, we can't. It's unreleased and would technically be illegal. Keep trying?

HybridTheory
05-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Lots of slower songs :dunno:

But I'll have to listen through the entire CD a couple more times before I make a decisions if I like it or not.

'No More Sorrow' & 'Given Up' & 'Bleed it out' are awesome songs. However I could do without all that damn clapping in the background.

I just got the cd, listening to it right now. Agreed, those are all good songs. I like Leave Out All The Rest for the slower side. I'll also have to listen to the cd a few more times to decide if I really like it or not.

sexualbanana
05-15-2007, 01:10 PM
The album is very different from what I expected. Some songs don't sound like them at all, and some do.

HyperZell
05-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Went to pick up the CD today (of course), but there seems to be a problem. The special edition with CD + DVD is supposed to be out for about ~$21, but at Play and Futureshop they don't have it. I asked at HMV, which also didn't have it, and they said that they are all being returned because of some sort of problem. I guess I'll just have to wait until they get the special editions fixed...

avow
05-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Went to pick up the CD today (of course), but there seems to be a problem. The special edition with CD + DVD is supposed to be out for about ~$21, but at Play and Futureshop they don't have it. I asked at HMV, which also didn't have it, and they said that they are all being returned because of some sort of problem. I guess I'll just have to wait until they get the special editions fixed...
why? just get the normal album... those extras are not worth it at all if you want my opinion.... which you dont.... but i dont care....

HyperZell
05-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by avow

why? just get the normal album... those extras are not worth it at all if you want my opinion.... which you dont.... but i dont care....

It's the xtras I want. I already have the album digitally, so that's not that big a deal, but I like the band that much that I support them and I'm very interested in the behind the scenes stuff.

You know, like how most people are fine with the regular edition of the Lord of the Rings, but the big fans want the Extended Edition?

A2VR6
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM

Yep talked with futureshop and they dont even have a ETA of when the special editions will be fixed... the memo they had was just "soon" for a manufacturing defect with the dvd.

reiRei
05-15-2007, 11:57 PM
Interesting Album.. was listening to it while I was working in the Garage tonight.. I love "Leave out All the Rest" *points to sig* and "Bleed it out" .. definitely different from before.. but this is linkin park... they're constantly evolving

lamp_shade_2000
05-16-2007, 12:09 AM
This was one of the biggest let downs so far. Past 2 albums from them I havnt been able to find a bad song out of the bunch. This cd, im speachless. I am struggling to find a song I like. Bring back the old linkin park and QUICK.

Redlyne_mr2
05-16-2007, 12:13 AM
Hmm thankgod for itunes.. i can preview

three.eighteen.
05-16-2007, 03:42 AM
uugghhh...maybe (big maybe) linkin park is talented, but i absolutely cannot stand the artists themselves, i listened to their "release party" on X92.9 and their egos are fucking huge for the amount of dribble they put out

Zephyr
05-16-2007, 01:58 PM
after listening to the album for about two weeks now...it's grown on me, i guess cuz they made such a big change that was the shocker

heavyD
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
BIG..................STEAMY.................PILE.....................OF......................DUNG!

Toss another into the pile of bands that started off strong then let their artistic side get the best of them. I was listening to these guys long before they got popular so to me this feels like a kick in the balls. There are a couple of palpatable songs but even they wouldn't be good enough to make the cut in Hybrid Theory. I agree with the Cold Play remarks as this shit is far too mushy.

Linkin Park has now joined the ranks of pop or lite rock. Another album like this and they will be opening for Nickelback.:thumbsdow This has got to be some of the worst times in the history of music as I now stroke a once favorite band off my list which seems to shrink yearly. :(

You guys can debate whatever but IMO if this record is released under a no-name band it may sell 10 copies.

LUCKYSTRIKE
05-16-2007, 10:34 PM
wow they went a lil screamo on us.

. o 69 o .
05-16-2007, 11:09 PM
got it, listened to it.... DELETED...

GQNammer
05-17-2007, 12:22 AM
So i've had this cd for a week. I don't like passing judgments until i've listend to the cd over and over again. ANd I must say, are we sure this isn't the Backstreet boys in disguise?

Track 2 and 6 are good. Then the rest is pretty emo even for them.

I'm a huge fan of linkin park don't get me wrong. I loved their previous 2 but this one is junk

Eleanor
05-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Man, they are just going further and further down hill. When they were Hybrid Theory, they had some awesome stuff. Hybrid Theory the album was pretty good, Meteora was alright and this album, save What I've Done, sux balls.

heavyD
05-17-2007, 07:57 PM
This review from mp3.com pretty well sums up my feelings on it LOL:

http://www.mp3.com/users/matrix_hiei/profile.php?action=show_blog&entry=m-100-24987863&print=1

88CRX
05-17-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm really trying to like this cd... however i keep finding myself skipping basicly every other song :thumbsdow

This pretty much sums it up....

The lead single "What I've Done" is probably the best of the bunch here, and also one of the heaviest songs on the album. Problem is, many Linkin Park fans have considered that song a huge disappointment, and not nearly heavy enough. The majority of the album is the previously stated unemotional ballads that all sound the same.

A2VR6
05-17-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm really trying to like this cd... however i keep finding myself skipping basicly every other song :thumbsdow

Yep sadly I kinda agree with you... really the only songs I really like in addition to What i've Done are Given Up, Hands Held High, and No More Sorrow.... the rest of the CD is just meh.

HyperZell
05-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by A2VR6

Yep sadly I kinda agree with you... really the only songs I really like in addition to What i've Done are Given Up, Hands Held High, and No More Sorrow.... the rest of the CD is just meh.

I'm going to add Bleed It Out to that list, as well as Leave Out All The Rest. Shadow of the Day is okay too.

To be honest, I don't care much for In Between, In Pieces and The Little Things Give You Away.

The thing is, I can appreciate what they're trying to do here - they are writing music for themselves, not for others. And they've already acknowledged that they would be losing fans with this CD - I'm not one of them.

HybridTheory
05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
I've been listening to it more these last few days. I gotta say I'm not diggin it as much as Meteora or Hybrid Theory. I think the best tracks are What I've Done, Bleed It Out, No More Sorrow, Leave Out All The Rest and Given Up. I really don't like Hands Held High and the last 3 songs I've ended up skipping.

88CRX
05-20-2007, 02:18 PM
Just downloaded another Fort Minor mix tape thats 10x better then this shit hahah

Fort Minor - we major mixtape (or something like that)

GQNammer
05-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Fort minor is releasing another album?

HyperZell
05-20-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by GQNammer
Fort minor is releasing another album?

No "We Major" was another song that was not included on the Rising Tied album. It's available as a bonus track or I guess as a download somewhere.

Eleanor
05-22-2007, 11:35 PM
So I've been listening to it some more and it's not as bad as I initially thought. Still not very good. What I've Done, Given Up & Bleed It Out are good.

heavyD
05-23-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
So I've been listening to it some more and it's not as bad as I initially thought. Still not very good. What I've Done, Given Up & Bleed It Out are good.

Yeah it's grown on me a bit but it's still pretty forgettable.

Redlyne_mr2
05-23-2007, 11:22 PM
this album is dog food... hybrid theory was a great album.. minutes to midnight is not.

treg50
05-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Update: Good CD. I appreciated it after three listens and still listen to it. Definitely different than Meteora and Hybrid Theory.

It's less heavy rock/ rap, not mellow, but a change in pace compared to the previous two. The last two had a more consistent hard sound, this one has more variety between hard and not-so hard. Still powerful and emotional like the last two. Noticeably, some songs have a definite social-political tone to them. The dudes are growing up and maturing as reflected in this CD and this isn't a bad thing.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh and...

Linkin Park's latest, Minutes to Midnight, clocked in at number one on the Billboard 200 with the biggest sales debut of the year. The Rick Rubin-produced album, the band's first in four years, sold 623,000 copies for the week ended Sunday, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
They deserve it. They earned it with the work on the previous albums. :thumbsup:

heavyD
05-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by treg50

They deserve it. They earned it with the work on the previous albums. :thumbsup:

They will learn fast that your only as good as your last record like many other one hit wonders. Trust me their next album will be a relatively quiet release. I can see some new fans being made but not enough to offset the losses of original fans. Before they were had aat least a fairly unique sound. Now they've crossed into the dime a dozen sounds of bands like Coldplay, Nickelback, Avril Lavine, Three Days Grace, Buckcherry, etc.

treg50
05-25-2007, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by heavyD
... Now they've crossed into the dime a dozen sounds of bands like Coldplay, Nickelback, Avril Lavine, Three Days Grace, Buckcherry, etc.

It's probably just me but there is no way I'd confuse Linkin Park for Coldplay, Nickelback, or anyone else (3DG was crap from the start). Bennington and Shinoda have trademark voices and styles which to me make Linkin Park, it's not just about heavy guitars, drums... and emotional anger, LOL... the new socially-conscious anger is pretty cool, IMO.

I loved Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and many of the remixes, played them back to back an insane number of times and I like "Minutes to Midnight" different as it may be. Once I got over the fact this is NOT H.T. or Meteora I was easily able appreciate it and like it. Then again maybe it's just me.

HyperZell
05-25-2007, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by treg50

It's probably just me but there is no way I'd confuse Linkin Park for Coldplay, Nickelback, or anyone else (3DG was crap from the start). Bennington and Shinoda have trademark voices and styles which to me make Linkin Park, it's not just about heavy guitars, drums... and emotional anger, LOL... the new socially-conscious anger is pretty cool, IMO.

I loved Hybrid Theory, Meteora, and many of the remixes, played them back to back an insane number of times and I like "Minutes to Midnight" different as it may be. Once I got over the fact this is NOT H.T. or Meteora I was easily able appreciate it and like it. Then again maybe it's just me.

It's not just you, I'm there as well.