PDA

View Full Version : Drop in sports

adamc
03-29-2007, 11:03 PM
wasn't sure whether to post this in H&F or sports. oh well.

I'm looking for guys that want to get together to play some drop in sports, doesn't matter which.

I was at Talisman tonight, and it was virtually empty on the courts, late night drop in is only $5 - gets you access to everything, and goes from 9:30-11:00pm

I was thinking if enough people were interested, we could do a drop in game once or twice a week. Volleyball, pickup basketball, dodgeball, whatever.

I get bored as shit running the track to get my cardio in, would rather do it in a competitive (semi-competitive) way.

Girls and Guys would be welcome..

gp36912
03-29-2007, 11:08 PM
gonna be hard getting people to come out, but if theres enough interest i'm up for something

sexualbanana
03-30-2007, 12:07 AM
there's usually a group of older guys that play during the last 90 minutes at Talisman on Wednesdays. They're not great players, but they're certainly not bad either. It's usually a fun, competitive game with those guys.

adidas
03-30-2007, 12:20 PM
Talisman is such a rip off...2 years ago it was only 2 bux for the last hour...now that its 5 bux there really is no point in going in for the last hour since the whole day only costs u 6 bux more!

euro tang
03-30-2007, 12:49 PM
^
I agree. I used to go all the time with a few buddies when it cost only $2. Now it's not worth the drive anymore. I woudn't doubt it if they raised it some more again.

adamc
03-30-2007, 02:34 PM
yeah but realistically, not many people need to be there for more than 1.5 hours anyway.

I warm up for about 20 minutes, workout for an hour, then cool down and change. Shrug.

I might end up just buying a membership, we'll see.

I'd be down for suggestions of other places to play, when I lived in Kelowna I would play WOLLEYBALL with a bunch of people every thursday night, and it was great.

Nufy
03-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Rally Pointe has drop in Volleyball every friday.

Competitive or Rec Coed ...you choose..

I believe 5 bux a night.

adidas
03-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Most ppl do need only 1.5 hours to get in and get out, but some ppl require more time and/or they like going when its busy so there is ppl to actually play ball with. I use to go to Talisman for 10 years and since the recent hike in prices i hardly ever go unless its for Mens League.

DALLEN
05-03-2007, 03:51 PM
If you manage to organize somthing i would be down for some drop in sports!

-Dallen