PDA

View Full Version : Today Is a sad day

Bones21
03-30-2007, 08:31 AM
I need everyones help on this one.

A friend of mine has been spending the last 8 months working overtime like mad to pay for his most recent project car.

A 1990 Rx7. He was storing it in a garage in airdrie while he worked on it.

Well, somebody torched the garage last night. He lost everything, tools, parts, the car, about 11,000 worth of stuff. Luckily the engine is still at Rx7 specialties, or the bill could have been up to 20k.

Needless to say, this sucks. No one knows who it was or why they did it. It was obviously a random act of vandalism, because anyone with a brain would have stolen the stuff in the garage if they knew the car was in it.

If anyone knows anything at all, or hears anything about this, please post it up.

I'll update as often as I can, and let you all know what happens.

Bones

shakil
03-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Wholy Crap... What is the world coming to these days?? All it seems like is stolen cars, trashed property... jeez.. Can anyone say... Get a life??

Sorry to hear that man... This shit needs to stop...:bullshit: :bullshit: :guns:

JRSC00LUDE
03-30-2007, 08:34 AM
Boooooo. :thumbsdow

Sorry to hear. If you ever find out who did it I'd love to use them to find out how much electical shock a testical can take before it explodes.

SilverGS
03-30-2007, 08:43 AM
In Aidrie no less. Man it's been a bad week. Signs of the City getting to be pretty big with increased criminal elements?

cleancivic
03-30-2007, 08:46 AM
why cant people just leave others thangs alone
GOSH!!!
IDIOT

rc2002
03-30-2007, 09:56 AM
I'm paranoid about that too. That's why I keep everything that's worth anything inside my house. I remember someone broke into boost_infested's garage and used his own tools to take the parts off his car.

Shane1
03-30-2007, 10:04 AM
somebody needs to be :guns: ...

that's now fair. Sorry to hear man.

carter_prelude
03-30-2007, 10:29 AM
beyond needs a :shakeshead smiley...:thumbsdow

Bones21
03-30-2007, 01:12 PM
im going to take a look at it tonight, ill try to post up some pics.

cleancivic
03-30-2007, 01:43 PM
A-TEAM strikes again

modded46
03-30-2007, 01:50 PM
Insurance at all?

stevo 27
03-30-2007, 01:56 PM
thats sad i hope you find him and get rembersed for everythin
best of luck

kongaj
03-30-2007, 02:22 PM
wow, I cant believe that.
Thats horrible, hopefully something good will come of this.

R!zz0
03-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by kongaj
hopefully something good will come of this.

Like what? When car's are stolen nothing good comes out of it except insurance money. Half the time they don't even give you what the car is worth.

A790
03-30-2007, 03:29 PM
Insurance?

Please tell me there was insurance!

kongaj
03-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by R!zz0

Like what? When car's are stolen nothing good comes out of it except insurance money. Half the time they don't even give you what the car is worth.

I dunno, just trying to put some light on the situation.... put in a few good words. Maybe ill shut up next time
:rolleyes:

ken-gsr
03-30-2007, 03:53 PM
Sorry to hear about that Brian. Was it Jamie's car?

msommers
03-30-2007, 04:15 PM
That's absolutely horrible man! People like this need to seriously pull their heads out of their asses and quite being cocksuckers.

I sincerely hope house/auto insurance covers every single thing

So unbelievable, what a bunch of cockbags.

jhmed
03-30-2007, 04:34 PM
It is very sad indeed. It's just lucky no one was hurt, cars and things can be replaced, but lives can't.

No amount of insurance money will compensate for the time, love and effort he put into restoring his car, I can't imagine how devastating this would be for him.

Tragic.

Russo
03-30-2007, 06:50 PM
:( fuk Calgary and surrounding is getting bad :(

Gondi Stylez
03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
fuck that sucks! im so sorry to hear that man!

hopefully insurance will cover eveything but that is only 25% of his effort!

fuckin asshole should be killed! :guns:

Bones21
03-31-2007, 12:41 AM
Yeah ken it was jamies. But not the one he used to have, this was a start from scratch car he bought from adam at Rx7. Complete build from the ground up, body and all.

I got some info from Jamie as well. Unfortunately, insurance on the garage does not cover someone elses belongings, and it was in his gf's dad's garage.....so we tallied all the damage up, and Jamie lost almost 20k in tools, parts, and 2 rx7's. (yeah he had a parts car there too)

He's doing alright tho, he knows theres nothing he can do about it, and hes just gonna start over.

Pics and explanation in next post.

Bones21
03-31-2007, 12:44 AM
So here's what happened, his parts car was outside of the garage in the alley. Someone set fire to the parts car, which carried to the garage. It also torched his gf's dad's truck which was beside the garage.

Here's the pic that turned out the best......so sad.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/objectiveperformance/burnt.jpg

Raven_R1
03-31-2007, 01:18 AM
Holy fak ..Feel so sorry for ur friend dude:eek:

jcrules99
03-31-2007, 01:25 AM
damn man, thats fucking stupid, people these days... good luck to your friend man

jdmakkord
03-31-2007, 08:59 AM
Fuck so many sketches in Airdrie, I see them every day when I'm driving around:banghead:

NickGT
03-31-2007, 09:12 AM
What a bunch of assholes. :guns: :guns: :guns:

Sorry for your friends loss.

SR240SX
03-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Who does that shit...wow..hopefully you will found out who did that but its not really likely..damn sorry to hear...i dont see why people do this shit..set a car on fire?...like wtf..nice way to have fun buds?..stupid fucking kids these days with nothing better to do:guns: :guns: :guns:

ca18det240sx
03-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Luckily Jamie saved a few things. I cant believe that his microtech, clutch, turbo timer, and fuel pressure regulator didnt burn, while the drawer around it did. Lucky guy.

I hear thru the grapevine that there is a bunch of arsons in airdrie lately, and suspected are a group of teens. If anybody in the airdrie area hears anything, let me or bones know.

eb0i
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
That totally sucks man :(

I hope insurance is fair and covers it all.

G3)Rider
03-31-2007, 11:34 AM
Hey you should investigate this situation.
If it was in fact "teens" that did this. You could probably ask around or even bribe someone to tell you if they know anything.
We all know how kids like to brag and such.
On another note i hope your friend doesnt get discouraged on building cars. Seems like it was more than a hobby to him.
GL to him in the future.

ca18det240sx
03-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh he will move on....ill make sure of it

i will ask around...fuckin kids

insurance will cover NOTHING.

it wasnt insured, it was a project.

R!zz0
03-31-2007, 11:57 AM
Jeluz fucking people in every corner of this city. Some fuck nut keyed my car couple years ago. Like why do shit like that? If i have a problem with someone, i wouldn't even touch his ride. Car's are innocent and they don't deserve to be treated like shit.

Bones21
03-31-2007, 03:28 PM
yeh dont worry hes already lined up another shell to start on. He'll bounce back no problem.

And I say again, insurance is covering NOTHING.

Because all of the stuf was in someone elses garage it's not covered. It's just a cold hard fact of life.

Hey ca18det240sx......evan? Is that you buddy?

adidas
03-31-2007, 04:46 PM
Damn dude that sucks!

Its a good thing that hes moving on since nothin can be done about it now. Hopefully he catches the idiot who did that to him and sets him straight.

GL to ur friend!

ScottysZ
03-31-2007, 05:04 PM
That fuckin sucks.

Im all for the idea of cops patrolling neighborhoods more often watchin for shit like this rather than sticking to the big roads where theres usually nothing goin on.

Ive been pulled over twice in the last week, once just for a reg and insurance check and then yesterday for a warning for doing 120k on deerfoot at 2 in the morning. It pisses me off that theyre dickin around with trivial things while serious shit is going on.

ca18det240sx
03-31-2007, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Bones21
yeh dont worry hes already lined up another shell to start on. He'll bounce back no problem.

And I say again, insurance is covering NOTHING.

Because all of the stuf was in someone elses garage it's not covered. It's just a cold hard fact of life.

Hey ca18det240sx......evan? Is that you buddy?

Arrrr, aye that be me matey.

Bones21
03-31-2007, 06:03 PM
hey some of us are heading down to the...uh...that place wehre sometimes...we uh...meet.....with ppl....on nights like this.......wanna come?

ca18det240sx
03-31-2007, 08:20 PM
no fun for me.
my ca18det isnt done yet, dropping it in next weekend. Damn rings are taking forever to get here.

dave_z28
03-31-2007, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Boooooo. :thumbsdow

Sorry to hear. If you ever find out who did it I'd love to use them to find out how much electical shock a testical can take before it explodes.

That has to be the best idea Ive heard yet :D

silver_gs-R
04-01-2007, 11:29 AM
fuckin bastards on this planet man.

sorry to hear about ur friend.

hope you find these assholes!!!

tom_9109
04-01-2007, 11:53 AM
i'd tell your friend to get a lawyer and try to get some coverage from your insurance. perhaps if you use the thinking that your property caused the damage to his car therefore your liability should come into play.

ca18det240sx
04-01-2007, 11:57 AM
It doesnt, my gf is an insurance broker.

they dont have to cover shit, unfortunately

i have the book right here

ken-gsr
04-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by dave_z28

That has to be the best idea Ive heard yet :D

it gave me the shivers

ScottysZ
04-03-2007, 01:47 PM
hey some of us are heading down to the...uh...that place wehre sometimes...we uh...meet.....with ppl....on nights like this.......wanna come?

Hahaha smooth. :rofl: Doesnt much matter, the fuckin cops are on to the uhhh... place that people meet... i dont think that they know about the uhh.... place where stuff happens... :rofl:

Alak
04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
My step dad had a 1970 440 Cuda project car and a 71' 340 parts car in his garage. When his garage got torched, his house insurance would not cover anyting automotive except tools. He lost everything automotive. The 44 Cuda is salvagable as they were able to put the blaze out.

Its going on about 6 years now and he's still trying to get everything back that he lost Hes at about 90% (Minus the car shit). New garage is built, but the insurance company keep trying to replace his good tools with cheap walmart shit.

l/l/rX
04-03-2007, 07:12 PM

very slick dood very slick. i wonder what happens on a saturday night? with uuuh...um...a...um...a bunch of...modified...uuuh riced out cars? uuuh well...um...i hope you guys...um...had your lil...um fun that night...cuuuz...um...it would be tragic if you um...somehow....um...crashed your car doing something...um...slightly illegal....uuuuuuuuuuh

sorry to hear about your buddies car though.

ca18det240sx
04-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

very slick dood very slick. i wonder what happens on a saturday night? with uuuh...um...a...um...a bunch of...modified...uuuh riced out cars? uuuh well...um...i hope you guys...um...had your lil...um fun that night...cuuuz...um...it would be tragic if you um...somehow....um...crashed your car doing something...um...slightly illegal....uuuuuuuuuuh

thanks for your opinion pal.

keep it to yourself.

HuyNh_SI
04-03-2007, 07:44 PM
Stuff like that isn't even cool, it's okay karma will come around.

ScottysZ
04-03-2007, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

Its not all rice bud. Theres usually some cool old trucks there, and plenty of stangs. Most of the V8s take off early though to actually do... something...