PDA

View Full Version : Do you like your job?

RSeXy
07-23-2002, 12:54 AM
*This is MaxBoost*

August 1, 2002 will mark my 7th year working in a Chinese restaurant! Some days I like it, somedays I hate it! I guess the goods have outnumbered the bads so I can't really complain too much because it has given me almost everything I want in life.

What about you guys?

RSeXy
07-23-2002, 12:54 AM
*This is RSeXy*

:madred:

wth? get off my account max!

del-lude
07-23-2002, 12:56 AM
i just wish I didn't have to work.

that should explain how much I like my job :(

kenny
07-23-2002, 12:59 AM
I love my job! :thumbsup:

Pete92SL
07-23-2002, 01:02 AM
No, I quit today.

Pete

Stratus_Power
07-23-2002, 01:07 AM
unemploy. dont have a job :thumbsup:

del-lude
07-23-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by kenny
I love my job! :thumbsup:

you don't really work do you? :dunno: :rofl:

ScCab
07-23-2002, 01:09 AM
I love working:clap:
makes me feel all tingle inside when I am at working:thumbsup:

del-lude
07-23-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by ScCab
I love working:clap:
makes me feel all tingle inside when I am at working:thumbsup:

We don't really want to know where you're tingling Will.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ben
07-23-2002, 01:14 AM
Just read ScCabs Quote,

My Answer has now been officially changed to:

YES

ScCab
07-23-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Benny
I guess I really cannot complain...

In august of '98 Just about to enter High school I laned a job as a Bike Tech. It had its perks, got $8000 worth of bike out of the deal, and made 11.75 an hour. For a grade 10, that was a pretty decent deal...I had nothing to complain about.

But the years rolled on by...graduated high school, and still worked in the same joint.

Money wasn't so good anymore, when working full time. I had also moved out of the tech world into the sales dept, where it was EXTREMELY SLOW...only averaged like 9 bucks and change.

It was a few months of this that really opened up my eyes...it was beyond repetitive, and I had hit the celing of that place financialy the day I was hired...no raises, no bonuses, it was trash...

Trying to save for school, pay off a vehicle, and feed my modification habbits, I began seriously looking down different avenues...

While maintaining my current job, I looked elsewhere, spent some time in the world of balistic armour manufactuing (plating for vehicles and personnel) and I also looked into working as a clerk for a Law Firm...both never really panned out.

Thing were getting pretty grim after christmas rolled around...I now had a vehicle that was written of that I was still paying for, as well as other financial burdens...

One day out of the blue, I recieved a call at work from my current employer. They had read my resume that I had submitted january of the previous year, and wanted me in to have an interview...

I got the job, left the shitbag of a job I had, and here I am, Happy as a Clam...

Do I like my job? Well, Thats why I explained my previous ones. I had such a bad time at my last one that pretty much ANYTHING seemed better, I was drowning in that place, and all management would do was describe the water. My Current Job; yeah, its pretty good...hours are awesome, benefits are outstanding and its NOT very demanding, I get my own place to hang my hat, a computer to fuck around with, and great co workers to shoot the shit with...would I go so far as to say I would do it for a living? Hell No...Even though I have quadroupled my pay from my previous joint, I still want to go back to school, and make something far more of myself...I am looking so forward to it, and cannot wait to see whats out there.

And thats what I feel about my job...

holy fuck dude...please start from the day you were born:rofl:

RSeXy
07-23-2002, 01:17 AM
This is MB

I'm hoping to finish school, get a decent paying job and combine that income with what I am making right now at the restaurant and I would seriously be one happy camper!

del-lude
07-23-2002, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by ScCab

holy fuck dude...please start from the day you were born:rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
yeah i think a yes or no would have been fine

kenny
07-23-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by del-lude

you don't really work do you? :dunno: :rofl:

Yes I do... have you seen office space? Well.. I'm the dude that gets moved around alot, but I still love my job! haha. But seriously... I love my job, when they give me stuff to do. I work on contract, not on fixed hours. I used to have a 9 - 5 style position at the same company but they realized all I was doing 90% of the time was surfing the web and going for lunch so now I'm just a contractor.

shadowz
07-23-2002, 01:35 AM
Work is bomb

buh_buh
07-23-2002, 01:42 AM
I hate my job more than anything in the world.
:madred: :madred: :madred:

LUDELVR
07-23-2002, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I hate my job more than anything in the world.
:madred: :madred: :madred:

I think outta all the people I have heard say that, none have held more true or more far away from a hyperbole than when you say that!!!! hahahahah

gpomp
07-23-2002, 02:27 AM
Nope.
I'm underpaid (minimum wage), overworked (8 hours of hard labour), and underappreciated (25 cent raise every 6 months).

My job sucks...

GTS Jeff
07-23-2002, 02:34 AM
my job is decent. it can be good or bad. as a csr at a bank, i deal with lots of people and im given ltos of responsibility. sometimes i dont like shouldering the financial responsibilities, but it is nice at times to have the authority.

customer: "hi i need to cash this cheque for rent"
me: "naw bitch, with your credit, i aint cashin shiet! try money mart, sucka!"

OPGForce
07-23-2002, 04:28 AM
i don't do sheit at the moment...waiting for the IT market to pickup...slow as hell compared to last year. my last job sucked ass, so i wasn't to upset when i got laid off. i'm rolling on EI for the mean time, but there is not enough money to support my "car modding" hobby. :thumbsdow

mwmhong
07-23-2002, 07:47 AM
I like my job. When I'm at 'work', I camp on this forum ALLLLLL DDDAAAAYYYYYY LOOOOONNNNGGGG:)

redline
07-23-2002, 08:08 AM
My job sucks i can only afford two hondas and not like some high roller bmw cab/ benz owners on this forum :bigpimp: :rofl:

The pimpest thing i drive now is my MTN bike, just put a CF bar on the bike and it feels like home... now i just have to see if i can mount the turbo on it. :D hey leo i have a project for you!

Actually i like my job except when i had to fire one of my guys a month ago. That really sucked :(

Speed_RaSiR
07-23-2002, 08:17 AM
My job is real easy, I sit in front of a computer all day and whore up the forums, its great!

legendboy
07-23-2002, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
My job is real easy, I sit in front of a computer all day and whore up the forums, its great!

Dido

HRD2PLZ
07-23-2002, 08:26 AM
I hate my job but its decent money. I work for my dads company (between him and his business partner we have 5 companies across Canada) I guess its okay for now while I go back to school :dunno:

RiceCake
07-23-2002, 10:54 AM
Anyone know if these high roller jobs are hiring where you guys g33k on the net all day long?? :bigpimp:

My job pays peanuts and its sooo boring at times :nut: :madred:

2000impreza
07-23-2002, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by RSeXy
*This is MaxBoost*

August 1, 2002 will mark my 7th year working in a Chinese restaurant! Some days I like it, somedays I hate it! I guess the goods have outnumbered the bads so I can't really complain too much because it has given me almost everything I want in life.

What about you guys?

lol. thats like me. i've worked at my parents Chinese resturant for as long as i can remember. the first few years it was ok. but last 3 years its been downhill. oh well. i don't work there anymore. i think its really pathetic cause i worked purely for my toys :madred:

Ben
07-23-2002, 12:40 PM

Same...

except yesterday I actually got some work done and made 42.50 an hour...

boi-alien
07-23-2002, 12:49 PM

ditto!! hehhe :p

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 01:15 PM
My first and only job was working for Esprit for 2 months. I made $5.90 an hour, worked 9 hours a week, sucked up to gay ass customers which was fine but what got me was being pushed around by jealous co-workers all the time, and spent my entire paycheck in 2 days on HALF of an LV purse.

I'm not looking forward to getting another job.

Audi Kid
07-23-2002, 01:42 PM
haha my job rools...i came in so drunk still on saturday my boss let me sleep in a pile of hockey bags hahahaha

B17a
07-23-2002, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by girlRACER
My first and only job was working for Esprit for 2 months. I made $5.90 an hour, worked 9 hours a week, sucked up to gay ass customers which was fine but what got me was being pushed around by jealous co-workers all the time, and spent my entire paycheck in 2 days on HALF of an LV purse.

I'm not looking forward to getting another job.

So let me get this straight, you've only had one job which lasted 2 months, making minimum wage and now you drive a Benz! Shite! Where do I sign up for this deal?:thumbsup:

Hakkola
07-23-2002, 02:00 PM
That's like me, 'sept I worked month and a bit.
Now i wanna move out, dunno where, and I need a job, I need to grow up. My mom's prolly not gonna want me to move out, and I need her to help me pay for school so, interesting times...

max_boost
07-23-2002, 02:57 PM
This thread is not for the illegal/unemployed and or spoiled brats! haha j/k

van
07-23-2002, 03:07 PM
I dont do anyhtingat my job love it

Redlyne_mr2
07-23-2002, 03:21 PM
my job is alright most of the time...the old ladies love to pay cash and treat me really good...i just wish they'd trim it once and a while:barf:

SoSlowDx
07-23-2002, 03:26 PM
I got a long ways to go but Peking Peking is fine with me Max_Boost ain't a bad boss :bullshit: :D

TomTom
07-23-2002, 05:24 PM
im a shitty worker, life couldnt get any better! unless they make me forman2

girlRACER
07-23-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
This thread is not for the illegal/unemployed and or spoiled brats! haha j/k

I agree :rofl:

CRXguy
07-23-2002, 08:40 PM
I'm making sweet $$$, so yeah, I like my jobs.:thumbsup:

Ben
07-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy
I'm making sweet $$$, so yeah, I like my jobs.:thumbsup:

Hahaha, you and your Senior Direct Food Distribution Technician

Superesc
07-23-2002, 09:33 PM
I guess I like my job, challenging at time, and busy as hell... but to some degree I don't think I have a choice as to like it or not... because I think I am a workaholic.. yes. My name is Calvin, and I am a workaholic..

I can't stand being away from the office, I always think about work.... don't know why.. :dunno:

max_boost
07-23-2002, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Superesc
I guess I like my job, challenging at time, and busy as hell... but to some degree I don't think I have a choice as to like it or not... because I think I am a workaholic.. yes. My name is Calvin, and I am a workaholic..

I can't stand being away from the office, I always think about work.... don't know why.. :dunno:

Is that why your single?

You remind me of that Midas commercial! haha:rofl: :thumbsup:

Superesc
07-23-2002, 09:39 PM
Ouch hahahahahha

You know what THAT made very well be true!!!! Well atleast I can call my car my wifey (in chinese).

Evan
07-23-2002, 10:32 PM
If anyone wants a job they can work from home and make mad cash, look me up. :thumbsup:

HyperPup
07-23-2002, 11:10 PM

Same...

except yesterday I actually got some work done and made 42.50 an hour...

Yo... yikes.. what do you do and who do you work for??
reading that just made me question why the hell Im in school.

Evan
07-24-2002, 12:10 AM
He works for Telus, right Benny? :thumbsup:

Ben
07-24-2002, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Evan
He works for Telus, right Benny? :thumbsup:

Score one for Evan!

See, its the end of the month here, so all the time I spend slacking off in the first 2 weeks I have to make look productive, so I work non stop and dont leave till i've made my $50 an hour wage.

HyperPup
07-24-2002, 01:40 AM
ooo... hope you dont get laid off with the recent announced cuts!
what do you *do* there? (well, supposed to)

James
07-24-2002, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Evan
If anyone wants a job they can work from home and make mad cash, look me up. :thumbsup:

Wanna elaborate? I need a new job!:thumbsup:

Ben
07-24-2002, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by HyperPup
ooo... hope you dont get laid off with the recent announced cuts!
what do you *do* there? (well, supposed to)

Nah, they laid off a whole bunch of overpaids in BC, and AB is getting more Jobs and Its looking like I'm getting a raise and more benefits in the near future...or so says all the propaganda I seek out and read at work...

I would encourage anyone to submit a resumé on the Telus site right now, as we are looking for around 120 new persons in various positions.

Basic requirements are:

18 years of age
Bondable
No Criminal Record
and about 8-12 hours of Personality testing (its brutal)

More requirements are requires pending on position.

James
07-24-2002, 02:43 AM

Nah, they laid off a whole bunch of overpaids in BC, and AB is getting more Jobs and Its looking like I'm getting a raise and more benefits in the near future...or so says all the propaganda I seek out and read at work...

I would encourage anyone to submit a resumé on the Telus site right now, as we are looking for around 120 new persons in various positions.

Basic requirements are:

18 years of age
Bondable
No Criminal Record

Sweet deal!

OPGForce
07-24-2002, 02:51 AM

are they hiring ppl in the "IT/IS" department?

Ben
07-24-2002, 03:05 AM
Not currently, but when the new building is built they will be...

OPGForce
07-24-2002, 04:23 AM
Not currently, but when the new building is built they will be...

what new building is this??? where will it be located???

Ben
07-24-2002, 12:28 PM
They havent found a suitable location yet

Evan
07-25-2002, 10:28 PM

Basic requirements are:

18 years of age
Bondable
No Criminal Record

Where is it exactly on the Telus website, Benny?

Evan
07-25-2002, 10:30 PM
NM, Found it :D