PDA

View Full Version : Valve cover install

jdmXSI
03-30-2007, 11:21 AM
I feel like an idiot for asking. But is there anything i should know before i install my new valve cover on the Honda? ie: gaskets that should be replaced or along that line.

Thanks!

joejoe3
03-30-2007, 11:30 AM
Make sure you have Honda bond, it's the liquid gasket that you'll need when putting the new one back on.

dooman24
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
you gotta apply some kind of sealant at each corner around the camshaft... haha sorry crappy explaination.. but hope you know what i'm talking about..

i think sealant like RTV or gasket maker would work..

Tik-Tok
03-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Asking is how you learn. Though you'll invariablely get flak for it.

If you're unsure of when the last time the cover was off, then yes, purchase a new valve cover gasket. Some people also like to use blue RTV sealant along with the gasket, I've tried with and without on all my vehicles, and it doesn't seem to make a difference... that being said though, I've never had high RPM running vehicle (like a Vtec)

jdmXSI
03-30-2007, 07:34 PM
Thanks guys!

QuasarCav
03-30-2007, 07:37 PM
In addition to what was said above you might want to spend a few extra bucks and buy the spark plug grommets which like to leak alot on Hondas. There are 4 of them that you will notice when you remove the valve cover.

A2VR6
03-30-2007, 08:01 PM
I'd also reccomend getting hondabond from a motorcyle shop like blackfoot since it's cheaper than the stuff at the honda dealerships. Both kinds you can buy are the high temp stuff.