PDA

View Full Version : whats a good leather/alcantara cleaner?

RX_EVOLV
03-31-2007, 09:46 AM
I have white leather in my car and my jeans keep staining the leather blue on the driver side.
I've been using the Simonz leather cleaner + conditioner creamer but it doesn't really take off all the blue stains.

whats a good leather cleaner to use?
also how would one clean alcantara ?

KKY
03-31-2007, 12:08 PM
For leather, try diluted Woolite (6-10 part water to 1). Cheap and cleans well and doesn't dry out your leather.

Calgarydetail
03-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Get some APC, i would suggest Megs APC. it only comes in a gallon or larger but its very inexpensive, cut it 4:1 (4 water)

Spray it on and work it in with a leather brush or a nail bursh (you can get them at shoppers)

Let it sit, spray some more APC on and then wipe off with a terry cloth (i find it works better then mf becsue the napp is a little thougher).

Make sure you do it in a small inconspicious area first to make sure it works with your leather (it should but better safe then sorry)

And after all is said and done make sure to conditon your learher.

sneek
03-31-2007, 02:26 PM
Mike!!! where can i get some APC...Is AG the only place?....I hate having to pay UPS after getting packages from them!

Calgarydetail
03-31-2007, 02:52 PM
pm sent

sneek
03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Calgarydetail
pm sent

Back at ya.

One more thing to add. With APC I think megs tells you to cut it 10:1 for interior surfaces, and maybe a bit stronger for heavily soiled areas.

4:1 is strong enough to clean the engine, and wheels. APC+ is supposedly even better for interior surfaces because it doesn't foam when used in conjunction with an extractor. The nice thing about APC is that you can use it with a foaming head for those manual carpet scubs.

Calgarydetail
03-31-2007, 03:19 PM
normaly i would cut it 10:1 however he is trying to remove denim die. This can be some nasty stuff, i have seen it beore on white couches, not fun. I wouldnt normally use 4:1 on an interior, hence why i adviced checking it on a hidden area.

as or the pm. im at school right now, i am just leaving for work so i wll check when i get home tonight

sneek
03-31-2007, 04:30 PM
:D I would try a Magic Eraser first, if it didn't work I might try Leathermaster Super Cleaner, but that stuff can pull pigment from the leather if your not careful.

Jed Bouscal
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
My buddy borrowed some of my Poorboy's Leather Stuff and it took all the denim stains from his light coloured leather in his 335i. Mind you, the seats were only 2 months old.