PDA

View Full Version : [WTB] cheap car under $1000

giantyogurt
03-31-2007, 11:50 AM
It has to be in a condition to pass inspection. If it passes, I'll pay for the inspection.

I live in the SW area by the Westhills mall and Canadian Tire.
Thanks.

DUBDUDE
04-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by giantyogurt
It has to be in a condition to pass inspection. If it passes, I'll pay for the inspection.

I live in the SW area by the Westhills mall and Canadian Tire.
Thanks.

wow, who can pass up on this marvelous offer!!!.........be prepared to have people lined up out your door!!

giantyogurt
04-01-2007, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by DUBDUDE

wow, who can pass up on this marvelous offer!!!.........be prepared to have people lined up out your door!!

Thanks for the bump. :thumbsup:
I think it's a reasonable offer, if not marvelous. I've got a couple of offers but some pictures would be nice since I can't (thought I should) travel all around the city to inspect all the vehicles. I went to see one today, it was 89 Toyota Camry with fuel pump dead. Interior was quite decent, fair amount of rust around the front/rear fenders. But what good is it if I can't start the motor and test drive. Didn't even get to check the CV boot and the axle joints since I couldn't turn the wheel. Engine compartment looks pretty clean with minimal leak around the head gasket. I got distracted during the conversation with the owner and forgot to check trans. fluid and engine oil. :|

I offered half the cost of inspection up front on the condition it passes inspection after getting a new fuel pump installed which will cost about $350+ for towing+part+labour according to the owner. I'm thinking of offering(risking?) 2-300 bucks for taking the vehicle as-is. Am I too stingy or foolish? Or should I split the cost for inspection and towing even if I endup not buying the car?

It's certainly not fun not being rich. heh:D

Mazstyle
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
my buddy's got a dodge colt for $400, it should pass inspection no problem... it's in the marketplace on here:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/169981/fs-dodge-colt-500/