PDA

View Full Version : Tacoma owner questions.

RawB8figure
03-31-2007, 05:42 PM
I can get a good deal on a '07 tacoma, 4 cylinder 2x4 access cab. Wondering if anyone has driven one in the winter months and how the little engine performs in a truck.

ZMan2k2
03-31-2007, 08:23 PM
2.7 is a little weak for such a large truck. You're definitely not gonna be towing too much with it. Is it standard or auto? Cause if it's auto, it'll feel even slower. Longbed or shortbed? Shortbed would be better for the truck, as the weight would be reduced somewhat.

The stock tires suck, so if you want traction in the winter, you'll need to upgrade the rubber at least. I've seen some guys using sandbags in the rear, just to help with traction on ice and snow. I, personally, have a 4x4, so winter isn't as much of a problem for me

Don't get me wrong, I love my Tacoma, but I have the double-cab, long bed with the 4.0 V6. The overall quality of the vehicle is fantastic. I've never had a nicer vehicle, and this is a truck! But from what I've heard from 2.7 owners, their biggest complaint is "wish I had gone for the V6". But really, in the end, it's all about how you're gonna use it.