PDA

View Full Version : Nail Salon across from Chinook Racist towards Japanese

Disoblige
04-01-2007, 12:36 PM
Okay, so yesterday my girlfriend wanted to get her nails done and she never did it before. So she decided that to try the place that's directly across the other side of the street from Chinook called "Nail Salon". This place is run a male owner who is Vietnamese who somewhat knows English, accompanied by three other Vietnamese employees who know no english at all. So the communication barrier is pretty big, and everything had to be communicated through the owner.

So the real drama begins when the owner asked, "So, what are you? Korean, chinese.. etc.." She was korean, so she said korean. He also asked, "So, how about your boyfriend?" And she said "Chinese." because I am Cantonese. And then the owner said. "Oh okay, that's good, I like Vietnamese people, chinese people, korean people and all that, but I don't like Japanese people."

WTF is that? I was SO shocked. Is there actually anything that can be done about this racist? I was just astonished and we certainly let him know that we will not give him anymore business anymore, and let other people know about him too. And also, because of the communication barrier, my girlfriend would sit there for like an hour and there would be DEAD silence. I thought if you would be doing nails, the woman there would at least spark some kind of conversation. Anyways, the owner's a racist, and also my girlfriend ended up with decent nails, but not without a couple skin burns from the nail filings that hurt her a lot. Simply terrible.

:thumbsdow

LaDeeDaDeeDa
04-01-2007, 12:41 PM
Uhh who cares about the owner/salon? Racism will always exist in todays society and being raised by racist parents myself...there is not a single damn thing you can do to change their way of thinking. Trust me on this.

And no I am not racist, just my parents.

Disoblige
04-01-2007, 12:43 PM
Racism exists but that doesn't mean the owner can just say that kind of crap to your face. It lacks professionalism, and I certainly do not expect this kind of racist BS from a business.

LaDeeDaDeeDa
04-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
Racism exists but that doesn't mean the owner can just say that kind of crap to your face. It lacks professionalism, and I certainly do not expect this kind of racist BS from a business. Well the fact is, this kind of sh!t happens everyday, and everywhere you go. Ive associated with more racists in my life than one could ever imagine. When I was younger it would bother me, but I eventually just got to the point where you have to realize racism will never go away. You cannot change their perspective in how they see life. The best you can do is avoid them.

ANd coming from experience, dealing with a racist salon owner that you occasionally visit, is not even comparable to dealing with racist parents/grandparents/relatives. So really you should not allow this to bother you.

brandon
04-01-2007, 01:08 PM
and also my girlfriend ended up with decent nails, but not without a couple skin burns from the nail filings that hurt her a lot. Simply terrible.

:thumbsdow

I can't believe you are filling a car forum up with this shit.

Toms-SC
04-01-2007, 01:11 PM
Ahahhahhahhaa

harv91
04-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by brandon

and also my girlfriend ended up with decent nails, but not without a couple skin burns from the nail filings that hurt her a lot. Simply terrible.

I can't believe you are filling a car forum up with this shit.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

n1zm0
04-01-2007, 01:37 PM
my gf says the same things about the procedure there, but wtf do i know about nail salons.:dunno:

maybe she still has an ongoing grudge about their occupation of Vietnam in WW2, like many other mainlander Chinese (even Koreans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_Occupation)), they can't forget about the losses that occured for them when the 'Imperial Army' came to conquer pretty much everything South of them.

I can understand this because of my grandfather telling me when they occupied Malaysia and the heartless actions that they did for during the 3 years that they were there..
Maybe someone in her family was killed during that time because of them? :dunno:

But his resentment has not leaned to being racist towards them, that being the lady at the nail salon is quite unprofessional for blurting that out.

4bier
04-01-2007, 01:46 PM
its not like he hates asian just japanese but i could be wrong......:dunno:

EK 2.0
04-01-2007, 02:01 PM
Racism exists but that doesn't mean the owner can just say that kind of crap to your face. It lacks professionalism, and I certainly do not expect this kind of racist BS from a business.

First off, then you should stay way from Mein Fuhr's Flowers down on Goosestep Street.

And secondly...who the fuck cares...just don't go back...Find a Nail Salon NOT employing Viet...oh wait...uhmmm...

Do her nails at home...or...I will offer my services...and I promise excellent customer service AND follow-up.

TeamBestBud
04-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

First off, then you should stay way from Mein Fuhr's Flowers down on Goosestep Street.

:rofl: :rofl:

LaDeeDaDeeDa
04-01-2007, 02:11 PM
911 "I got nail burn!" ahhh haha.

ninjak84
04-01-2007, 02:15 PM
And also, because of the communication barrier, my girlfriend would sit there for like an hour and there would be DEAD silence.

You still gave him your business?

:rolleyes:
Too bad about her nails and the skin burn. Maybe if you decide to rant about how to deal with the racism of a business, you shouldn't be continuing to go there you moron.

tom_9109
04-01-2007, 02:16 PM
i took my girlfriend there when we were in calgary. they were over priced, took way to long. however they spoke some english. they just insulted my gf when they thought she was 14.

TeamBestBud
04-01-2007, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109
i took my girlfriend there when we were in calgary. they were over priced, took way to long. however they spoke some english. they just insulted my gf when they thought she was 14.

So...is she?

:rofl:

EK 2.0
04-01-2007, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by tom_9109

do you know Sorath??...maybe you two should hit up the Leisure Centre...run a tag team on some bitches yo...

Disoblige
04-01-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

You still gave him your business?

:rolleyes:
Too bad about her nails and the skin burn. Maybe if you decide to rant about how to deal with the racism of a business, you shouldn't be continuing to go there you moron.

Who said I continued going there? It was her first time. And in case you didn't read the title, the main issue at hand was the blunt racism. The other things mentioned such as skin burn or what not is just icing added onto their bad service. No need for the flaming. Wtf?

Hakkola
04-01-2007, 03:50 PM

One of the funniest things I've ever read, thanks bro! :rofl: :rofl:

frozenrice
04-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Somebody should go in there and strike up a conversation with the owner. When timing is right ask him what kind of Asian he is. When he answers. Just get up and say sorry I don't like your kind and walk out.

Hoey
04-01-2007, 04:04 PM

do you know Sorath??...maybe you two should hit up the Leisure Centre...run a tag team on some bitches yo...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

jmc
04-02-2007, 11:30 AM
I am not for racism. But I think there was something in the news a while back, on why some Asians, etc. 'hates' Japan (more correctly, it's Japan's Government, which indirectly reflects on the Japanese people in general)... I think it was something to do with japan won't admit war crimes, rewrite history books, etc.
I recall another story in 2002's world cup, about China won't play in Japan...

Whitetiger
04-02-2007, 02:21 PM
You should had asked him what kinda car he drives, if he drove anything Japanese, take a hammer to it... if he asks why are you damaging my vehicle? It's Japanese made, I'm doing you a huge favor here, destroying Japanese products.

R!zz0
04-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Why do racist people drive import cars? Thats one thing i don't understand :dunno:

dj_rice
04-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice
Somebody should go in there and strike up a conversation with the owner. When timing is right ask him what kind of Asian he is. When he answers. Just get up and say sorry I don't like your kind and walk out.

Are you sure you want to mess with a Nammer?

TeamBestBud
04-02-2007, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

Are you sure you want to mess with a Nammer?

NAMMER STAREDOWN!!

Xtrema
04-02-2007, 05:07 PM
People will always be racist or have prejudice over people not from their own region.

dj_rice
04-02-2007, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
People will always be racist or have prejudice over people not from their own region.

:werd: :werd:

Just like how South Nammers dont like North Nammers....I'm Viet Cong 4 Lyfe :rofl: :rofl:

Disoblige
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

Originally posted by Whitetiger
You should had asked him what kinda car he drives, if he drove anything Japanese, take a hammer to it... if he asks why are you damaging my vehicle? It's Japanese made, I'm doing you a huge favor here, destroying Japanese products.

Haha, both good ideas! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by R!zz0
Why do racist people drive import cars? Thats one thing i don't understand :dunno:

:werd:

R!zz0
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Thank God i'm not racist...I have a color TV :rofl:

gatorade
04-02-2007, 10:08 PM
haha god damn north viets u commies!

zain123
04-03-2007, 12:44 AM
Thank God i'm not racist...I have a color TV :rofl:

lol wtf..

hjr
04-03-2007, 09:51 AM
i dont see the big deal, i dont like japanese either?

TurboZombie
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM

Good observation, I've seen a couple of skin heads driving a new Toyota pick up!

EK 2.0
04-03-2007, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by hjr

I KNEW it...

finboy
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by hjr

the japanese aren't bad, but white people are the devil

damn crackers :rolleyes:

hjr
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
mu hahaha!!!!

stevieo
04-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice

:werd: :werd:

Just like how South Nammers dont like North Nammers....I'm Viet Cong 4 Lyfe :rofl: :rofl:

damn bac nam, dirty dirty.