PDA

View Full Version : color correction

Evolize
04-01-2007, 02:34 PM
i was out and shot last night some pics of cars. however the lighting was all orange and gross.

my iso was unfortunatly at 1600 and my tripod mount was left at home so my pics came out gross.....however there was a few that came out decent cause of an 800 iso and lighting was decent but i want to know how to take the lighting and make it all less orange in photoshop.....and how to do it when taking the picture itself. can anybody give me a tip or two?

D'z Nutz
04-01-2007, 02:53 PM
It has nothing to do with ISO. It's your white balance. You should select the right one (or use custom WB if your camera supports it) just before shooting.

If you want to adjust it in photoshop, try Image -> Adjustment -> Color Balance and tweak it there.

Evolize
04-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I know iso has nothing to do with color, but it did create alot of noise which I am having a bit of a time getting rid of.

I've found i can take great photographs under controlled lighting and areas, but everything else I am sucking at!

msommers
04-01-2007, 03:21 PM
This is pretty much the only reason why I shoot in RAW format, to correct white balance. Either I want it tad more warm/cool or if the "orange death" of night shots appears, it's soooo much easier to just change it in photoshop.

Another thing you can try if you don't want to use RAW format+PS, use the pre-set white balance with either a white card or the specific lighting of your choice in the photo. For me, this is wasted time trying to set it up because well it takes time or doesn't work at all. But it's alternative to the size of RAW and avoiding photoshop if you prefer.