PDA

View Full Version : Shipping boat from US

RASPY
04-02-2007, 07:13 PM
Hey does anyone know how much it costs to get a boat accross the boarder like the taxes or whatever they charge? The boat will cost me about 41,000 CDN. Anyone know a number i could call or somewhere i could find out?

Alak
04-03-2007, 01:04 AM
I cant imagine a boat being much different from a car (other than getting it inspected and such). Maybe Jaymez would know. Check out his thread.

CTSV
04-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Call a customs's broker. Look in Yellow pages. They will know how to import it and will do all paperwork CORRECTLY so it doesn't get seized when you bring it over. Provided it is legal to bring in, they will collect the GST, charge a couple of hundred dollars plus collect any duty (shouldn't be any if boat is manufactured in USA). You will have to pay this all before the paperwork is complete.

R-Audi
04-04-2007, 07:56 AM
I really hope you have someone that knows boats doing an inspection for you.... I worked at a local boat dealer and there were numerous stories of people bringing boats up to save some money that were not quite 'up to par' Really make sure they check over the GelCoat and body... With boats there isnt anything like carfax to check previous accidents and such.