PDA

View Full Version : Two Screens, Two different backgrounds?

snowboard
04-03-2007, 09:43 AM
okk i got two screens on my desk at work, one is may main monitor with my tool bars iconss etc etc, and the other one i can just move programs onto.. i know there is a way i can put a different background on each but cant figure it out haha anyone have any insight?

Oz-
04-03-2007, 09:48 AM
I use UltraMon (http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/).

Xaroxantu Zero
04-03-2007, 10:38 AM
I just merge two wallpapers into one giant one then have it spanned across the two monitors.

Talies R
04-03-2007, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero
I just merge two wallpapers into one giant one then have it spanned across the two monitors.

If you dont mind, could you explain how that is done?

Hoey
04-03-2007, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Xaroxantu Zero

Ive seen this done, and I wanna know how aswell.

Xaroxantu Zero
04-03-2007, 10:48 AM
Well, I just open the two wallpapers in Photoshop, then I expand one of them to fit in the second wallpaper. I save it as a separate file then I assign it as a desktop wallpaper (centered). Just make sure the second monitor isn't a clone of the first one and you should be good to go.

snowboard
04-03-2007, 11:02 AM
ughh i dont have photoshop and i cant installs ultramon :(

cmodem
04-03-2007, 01:06 PM
why can't you install ultramon? non-admin? then just do the photoshop trick in paint.

snowboard
04-03-2007, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by cmodem
why can't you install ultramon? non-admin? then just do the photoshop trick in paint.

ya i need admin priv's and the IT guy doesnt like me hahaha..
i tried to d oa paint shop wonder, but the pictures i want arent the right resolution :rolleyes:
i hate computers haha